truck count

lilbill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sure was the longest heat race I ever saw last night. Seven cars for 50 laps but thankfully someone had the foresight to cut it to 30. Even then it was too long since 2 dropped out. There were two parked in the pits that did not race plus one pulled out before the show started. Now I love to watch trucks race but unless they can come up with a better count than I can not see these long races which are very very boring.As I said, Last night was a very long heat race. Thankfully, the other racing kept us all awake. :blink:

where have all the trucks gone? I'm trying to sell my pro stock / hobby stock to get one and I know there were 25+ trucks that used to compete regularly. They need to take them out of mothballs and run them again.

three tire brand changes in a year and a half........uncertainty in future races being scheduled so newbies aren't buying in / oldies won't invest.............two tracks on the schedule and one of them thinks you should have to pay entry fees plus pay for the vehicle to enter the pits? (still lost on that one).

it's plain and simple, no one has taken genuine intersest in running a 'truck series' in a while. there has been no focus put directly on helping it.

some feel like it went from being guarded by the fox to the coyote.

................and last but not least NO NATL' SANCTION.

-i've got 12 american racers i'll give away :angry:

We have offered the trucks to come run with us,their rules,no entry fee and only $20 pit.... :)

While it's a nice offer, yet another offer for the trucks to come race at another track is not going to bring the garaged ones out. The issues pointed out by Crazyhorse are all valid, and the invitation by CC won't address them. You may get a few trucks to come out, maybe even several, but that won't be the truck series of old.

I'm sure somebody somewhere is busy analyzing the fact that the truck count at THR is much better than it is at HMP. Hopefully, once they figure out exactly why, the series can be resurrected in some form.

What is strange is that the modified series is doing pretty well, and they have been through pretty much the same turmoil as the trucks. Who knows?

as i have said, no purse=no trucks, no trucks=no purse. if the trucks that are parked would come out and race maybe the tracks would pay a better purse. even 75% of the back gate would add up if more trucks would show up. i have about 4 fans that come to every race. they buy pit passes just so the back gate is more money. thanks to all the trucks who are showing up. thanks to all the trucks who plan on racing and thanks to all the fans who support us.

truck 31, jim albert

PS. its free general addmission at HMP this week, blow the cob webs off and lets see a good truck count.

Just to clarify for the August 18th "Houston Chronicle FREE Night at the Races"...$5 Parking does not apply to race cars and tow vehicles that are parking in the pits.

youre kidding?

what if you pit in the parking lot , and just drive thru the pits on your way to the track for your race?

TEXAS SUPER RACING SERIES (TSRS) How about (TSTS) TEXAS SUPER TRUCK SERIES . Then they can travel with the TSRS? maybe modifieds 2. three series at the track 4 the fans 2 c. bc without the fans the track wldnt survive. low car count r trucks fans wont come. cars r truycks dont come bc of purse. theres no easy solution. it will take time effort and work lots of publicity. TSTS has nice ring to it. if u talk to a sponsor thats nt interested in sponsoring u bc they wanna do something bigger. c if they wanna sponsor a race r the series. u might not get the money directly but u still benifit. may be able to get percentage of sponsorship. r at least keep series going 4 the fans and racers.

Just to clarify for the August 18th "Houston Chronicle FREE Night at the Races"...$5 Parking does not apply to race cars and tow vehicles that are parking in the pits.

youre kidding?

what if you pit in the parking lot , and just drive thru the pits on your way to the track for your race?

You either are really crazy or you have never been to HMP. No racers pit in the parking lot here.

TEXAS SUPER RACING SERIES (TSRS) How about (TSTS) TEXAS SUPER TRUCK SERIES . Then they can travel with the TSRS? maybe modifieds 2. three series at the track 4 the fans 2 c. bc without the fans the track wldnt survive. low car count r trucks fans wont come. cars r truycks dont come bc of purse. theres no easy solution. it will take time effort and work lots of publicity. TSTS has nice ring to it. if u talk to a sponsor thats nt interested in sponsoring u bc they wanna do something bigger. c if they wanna sponsor a race r the series. u might not get the money directly but u still benifit. may be able to get percentage of sponsorship. r at least keep series going 4 the fans and racers.

Someone tried that... Remember the USRA? The tracks cant afford to pay 3 big purses in 1 night... When you bite off more then you can chew, your gonna have to spit somethin out... If they did add another series to run with the tsrs series it would make more since to add the mods, their car count is better... The mods and trucks are in the same boat but for some reason the truck guys dont wanna play.

youre kidding?

You either are really crazy or you have never been to HMP. No racers pit in the parking lot here.

[/quote}

that was sarcasm,,,,,,,,,,trust me i know HMP isn't going to give anything away.

you must be really new or really vague.

Ok, ADAPT is supposed to start in '08 so that's a possibility of a touring series there. I haven't heard much new news about it but that would be a fun series. Realistically, 10 races a season would be about right, say 2 @ I-37, 2 @ TH, 2 @ HMP, 2 @ CCMS, & 2 @ STS. 6 asphalt races & 4 dirt races would be F U N. Coordinating the dates w/ all of the tracks and trying to avoid as much conflict as possible would seem to be the hard part, that and finding series sponsors willing to invest some big $$$

Someone tried that... Remember the USRA? The tracks cant afford to pay 3 big purses in 1 night... When you bite off more then you can chew, your gonna have to spit somethin out... If they did add another series to run with the tsrs series it would make more since to add the mods, their car count is better... The mods and trucks are in the same boat but for some reason the truck guys dont wanna play.

yep, we had better car counts in the SLM's before USRA too.(or can I say that on here?)

Now we have another breed of cars that are starving for counts. No what will a new series do? The cars (and trucks) are out there. Put your thinking caps on and figure out what it takes to get them to the track! And a little F.Y.I.-----there are more racers parked than raced this past saturday at Thunder hill. Maybe not from the same classes, but alot of them could be running today! :angry:

I'm working hard to try and get a truck to come out. I think if we ran the trucks at HMP at TH on alternating weekends and got a group of people to help promote the truck series and actually got a "SPONSOR" for the trucks, we could see large purses and great promotion. Just an idea

Archived