truck count

lilbill

because if the trucks can get a large enough field, the racing is just as exciting as a late model. Besides when you look at the pro circut the trucks are gaining in popularity. We put the late model up on a platform and it shouldn't be that way. Give me a field of trucks and a field of late models for the same number of laps and then poll the crowd afterwards and see which race the enjoyed more. I bet if they don't come back the same the trucks would be higher.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
because if the trucks can get a large enough field, the racing is just as exciting as a late model. Besides when you look at the pro circut the trucks are gaining in popularity. We put the late model up on a platform and it shouldn't be that way. Give me a field of trucks and a field of late models for the same number of laps and then poll the crowd afterwards and see which race the enjoyed more. I bet if they don't come back the same the trucks would be higher.

Well that would explain why the trucks are flourishing and the LMs are not!!! :rolleyes:

Well, then if you put it that way, I think should be a millionaire right now if I were paid for the show that the Pro Stocks have put on. Its not a matter of show that pays, the LM's are far more expensive than the trucks. The trucks are in line with us, I think you can get one of them cheaper than a pro stock. They are lighter and allow more modifications, but basically the same chassis. Hey Landlord, weather permitting, we are on for Friday, I will make an anouncement tonight, but Hooters in Humble is where we will be!!!

my origional point was that the more trucks we can get to the races the better the purse will be. HMP advertises with 10 trucks it's 500.00 to win. When you make the point that they inline with the Pro Stocks then that's a pretty good deal if you can get 10 trucks on the line. There are enough trucks that are out there that if they all came out the tracks would be able to pay a decent purse. The tracks can't afford to pay a decent purse when the trucks are sitting in the garages.

why not run what we have scheduled now and deal with next season this winter. the trucks are a great series but it seems like alot of b.s. on here and not much racing going on. if the truck owners would end the season strong it would show the tracks that it is a viable series and give some leverage for 08 season purses. but its going to take trucks at the track not talking on txsz. im not trying to be a smart a-- but my point is valid. show the track owners that an investment into a truck series raceing is a smart business move and they will pay the purse. nobody in this series should be racing for the money, but a good payout helps. i feel thats what it will take to get the $$$$$.

Landlord-

If the trucks bring in as much money, either through the back gate or through drawing as many paying spectators as the late models, the trucks would be as valuable to the track as the late models, and would deserve an equal payout, no?

Landlord-

If the trucks bring in as much money, either through the back gate or through drawing as many paying spectators as the late models, the trucks would be as valuable to the track as the late models, and would deserve an equal payout, no?

I enjoy most classes in all types of racing and the trucks ARE cool!!!!! I was just asking you how "you" figured!!!! Free enterprise is "king" and "yes" the class that has the biggest draw should get the biggest purse!!! :)

why not run what we have scheduled now and deal with next season this winter. the trucks are a great series but it seems like alot of b.s. on here and not much racing going on. if the truck owners would end the season strong it would show the tracks that it is a viable series and give some leverage for 08 season purses. but its going to take trucks at the track not talking on txsz. im not trying to be a smart a-- but my point is valid. show the track owners that an investment into a truck series raceing is a smart business move and they will pay the purse. nobody in this series should be racing for the money, but a good payout helps. i feel thats what it will take to get the $$$$$.

I hear ya! I'm not trying to detract from this season's scheduled events I'm just throwing the ? of who wants to run a series..... in 2008. If I were able to race this season I would have been already so don't think I'm sitting out in protest or something. I like both THR and HMP (which I am a registered driver and have paid for advertising in their programs). My brainstorm deals with 2008, and I'm just trying to be proactive in possibly getting some people together to work on a possible 2008 "series" for the trucks. So far, no interest....

I know this topic was about where are all the trucks and I have contacted several of the drivers and there are various reasons for not racing, listed below are the results of a THR 04/05 where we started 24 Trucks! Amazing - if you add the total purse it was close to $6,000. For those of us still interested in racing Trucks it is difficult for Track owners to put on a show when only 4-5 trucks show up, but even more embarrasing is if you actually have sponsors show up to watch a 4 car race. I thank the Track owners for keeping us on the schedule-you can't ask for a nicer place to race than HMP & THR. Fellow Truck racers dust your trucks off and lets race - you can almost be guaranteed a top 5!

USRA ARTS TRUCK RESULTS, APRIL 23, 2005

THUNDERHILL RACEWAY

FP CAR # DRIVER_NAME HOMETOWPAYOFF

1 10 Robert Walton Del Valle $700

2 26 Jon Denham Hutto $350

3 8 Keith Riethmeyer Hutto $325

4 28 Shawn Paul Lehman Manchaca $300

5 66 Jon Garrett Tyler $275

6 30 Bryan Meredith Austin $250

7 18 JR (Bud) Carroll Streetman $225

8 54 Steve Green Marble Falls$200

9 33 Josh Freeman Austin $200

10 2* Bobby Bunte Georgetow $175

11 38* Cameron Moore Austin $150

12 72 Brent Bell Katy $150

13 9 Larry Latham Austin $150

14 07* Rusty Mirth Austin $150

15 09 Josh Cheek Buffalo $525

16 21 Keith Patrick Helotes $150

17 25* Kenny Gaddis Halsville $150

18 99 Greg Davis Waxahachie $150

19 47* Jeff Hull Jr. Bellville $150

20 20 Richard Bunte Georgeto $150

21 40* Craig Roper Wichita Fall $150

22 22 Shane Harris Fairfield $150

23 5 Bill Hamilton Red Oak $150

24 3* Neal Rogers Luling $150

If they aren't doing anything with them, I'll offer $150 for at least one and maybe more. Silly offer? Of course it is. On the other hand if they made $150 2 years ago and parked their truck since, not only would accepting that offer double their money but possibly save on storage costs. :)

Archived