truck count

lilbill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
they made a serious cut to the LM purse and still have the same amount of cars.

......but where else can even go race?????????? Answer; NOWHERE in this state. HELL back in the Daniel Baliles days HMP used to run the Late Models, Mods, etc. for trophies.......and guys took it up the.........and raced anyway. They're a "captive" group......

Which goes back to arguement of common rules........like(dare I say it again).......... IMCA. There I said it!! If one track decides to cut the purse these cars can go to any other IMCA track and run......no new tires, no carb issues, no changes........OH BUT THAT'S TOO EASY!!! Someone please insert the dead horse(no offense crazy) here. Now I'm not preaching IMCA to the pavement guys.....but commom rules for the three remaining tracks. Back in Indiana we had the the Tri-county Racing Association...South Bend Speedway(Fri.), New Paris Speedway(Sat.) and Plymouth Speedway(Sun.) All ran the same Super Mod, Late Model and Street Stock rules. They had a single points championship for all three separately and one overall championship for guys that were able to race more than one night.

You guys are giving me headache....... :blink:

but where are all the trucks? Are most of them sitting in garages somewhere with tarps over them? We need to regenerate the interest in this class and get these trucks out. I think with a good showing at HMP or ? This class could get some leadership amongst the owners and set the class rules to give to the tracks.

the trucks had / have common rules.. it was /is called ARTS. i've got a welded # to proof it.

we took a spec class and turned it outlaw and now wonder why know one wants any part of it?

you said it 97........whose in/gonna be in charge?

no sanction/no trucks?

The problem is no one wants to race. If they did, they would be out by now. One bunch tried to organize a series, but HMP decided to run it as a local class, and it became a pissing contest. Both had valid points, but neither would budge. The truck count will grow at HMP as soon as racers realize that HMP is one of the few places to race. If they want to race, they will come. If they don't, they won't.

the trucks had / have common rules.. it was /is called ARTS. i've got a welded # to proof it.

we took a spec class and turned it outlaw and now wonder why know one wants any part of it?

you said it 97........whose in/gonna be in charge?

no sanction/no trucks?

My question again is why can't the class be incharge of itself? Get the owners together and create a set of rules and then send the rules to the tracks. Tell the tracks if they would like the trucks to run here are our rules. The same thing happens with TSRS. This is to good a class to let it fall apart.

they made a serious cut to the LM purse and still have the same amount of cars.

......but where else can even go race?????????? Answer; NOWHERE in this state. HELL back in the Daniel Baliles days HMP used to run the Late Models, Mods, etc. for trophies.......and guys took it up the.........and raced anyway. They're a "captive" group......

Which goes back to arguement of common rules........like(dare I say it again).......... IMCA. There I said it!! If one track decides to cut the purse these cars can go to any other IMCA track and run......no new tires, no carb issues, no changes........OH BUT THAT'S TOO EASY!!! Someone please insert the dead horse(no offense crazy) here. Now I'm not preaching IMCA to the pavement guys.....but commom rules for the three remaining tracks. Back in Indiana we had the the Tri-county Racing Association...South Bend Speedway(Fri.), New Paris Speedway(Sat.) and Plymouth Speedway(Sun.) All ran the same Super Mod, Late Model and Street Stock rules. They had a single points championship for all three separately and one overall championship for guys that were able to race more than one night.

You guys are giving me headache....... :blink:

I have to give credit to HMP on this one.The LM rules are really close to other ASA tracks.A few minor changes and you can go racing just about anywhere.Problem is,the closest one is 6 hours away!!! :blink:

Well, $35K for a Super Late Model Motor vs. $5K in the same cars. 20+ cars on the track for a small purse, you can't tell me that HMP has a problem. HMP was asked in 2006 to run the trucks. They had just added the Hobby Stocks and had 8 classes so they didn't. In 07, they got rid of one late model class and added the trucks because the writing was on the wall that USRA was going to be gone. They added the trucks but were going to let them off for the USRA races that were scheduled, knowing the counts had been dropping and they didn't want to SPLIT a class, just give them more options to race. I guess everyone hates the good guy!!!! I will say this. Thank you Graham and family and staff at HMP for giving me a place to race .I enjoy it every time I come out. I have other options to race on dirt, but I choose to race at HMP. It is the best facility I have raced at and will do what I have to so we can keep racing.

I think if more people would appreciate what you have instead of complaining about what you don;t have, well, I guess we wouldn't have Speed Zone. :P

The problem is no one wants to race. If they did, they would be out by now. One bunch tried to organize a series, but HMP decided to run it as a local class, and it became a pissing contest. Both had valid points, but neither would budge. The truck count will grow at HMP as soon as racers realize that HMP is one of the few places to race. If they want to race, they will come. If they don't, they won't.

Some of us would love to race but since we haven't, schedules get filled up quickly ie: family, kids, friends, work, vacation, home projects, etc ,etc. Some people just got busy doing other things and are letting the waters settle some. 2008 should prove to be better for the trucks, it's just so late in the 07' season already. I'm still hoping for a "series" in 08 though.

On that note, I tried to generate enthusiasm amongst drivers for a type of driver operated series but that fell flat as ADAPT was trying to take off. <shrug> There shouldn't be a reason the drivers can't call our own meeting and get together to chat about it.

looks like my point has been made once again .... -<silence>- ... hear those crickets? <_<

Lonesome Ford, have you sent e-mails to all of the truck owners? Brent Bell and Rusty Mirth some time back sent out an e-mail to the USRA drivers and owners and basically asked for their status with their trucks, I know that I responded, maybe you can get with Brent or Rusty and get the information and possibly get the ball rolling.

Personally I think that Rusty was at least proactive and had a plan that may have worked or at least brought out some of the trucks, now when that deal blew-up suddenly Rusty disappeared off of the face of the earth and basically no one has been trying to "rally the forces" . The truck racers need an "ARTHUR HERMIZ" , this guy is out promoting HMP, the series he races with and just about every other class out there, SOOOO the truck racers either need there very own "ARTHUR" or we need to get ARTHUR racing a truck, either way the problem may be solved.

A-Rocket, I don't know you, but thank you for the kind words. I would love to race a truck, but I can't afford one right now. I was going to move up to a modified, but I have decided to race the Stock car class again next year with my current car and make a run at the Frank Kimmel Enduro at Kentucky Speedway next season if they run it with my new car.

Now, that is not saying that I would not jump into a truck or a modified or whatever if the oppurtunity presented itself. I am doing what I am doing to help Houston racing. I cannot travel because I also do the dirt track, my photo business is based at Gator Motorplex in Willis and they run every weekend. Even the nights that I race at HMP, I am at Gator in the morning getting things setup for my wife to run the photo booth and my back up photographer to take pictures. I almost always make it back for features over there after I race, with the exception of this weekend and one other weekend this year. I don't think I could help a series, but I did offer Rusty some help, got him a date at the Gator, but I don't know what happened from there.

Again, thank you for the kind words and thank you to all the ones that help me go out and promote HMP, I don't do it y myself.

maybe you should buy arthur a truck.? problem solved.

something with teeth john...we can't police each other.

TSRS is independently owned and operated,with it's own tech and officials (for who ever it was that said it was driver operated).

not mean to you john- there are lots of people out there with the keyboard solution,,,,,yet none of you have nutted up and bought a truck? until there is a future in it why bother,,,, RIGHT.

but yet everybody wants the truck guys to invest their time and money into it while they tell us how we should be doing it......it's real easy to take a chance when it's not your [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/21/07] youre taking a chance with.

This is to great a class to let it just go away. I think with some support of the owners / drivers this could be as popular a class as we've seen. I along with Arthur would like to get this class fired up again and think that it could happen in the 08 season. The problem is that the tracks aren't going to keep running 4 truck fields very long so if we don't get more out we're going to loose what we've got.

maybe you should buy arthur a truck.? problem solved.

something with teeth john...we can't police each other.

TSRS is independently owned and operated,with it's own tech and officials (for who ever it was that said it was driver operated).

not mean to you john- there are lots of people out there with the keyboard solution,,,,,yet none of you have nutted up and bought a truck? until there is a future in it why bother,,,, RIGHT.

but yet everybody wants the truck guys to invest their time and money into it while they tell us how we should be doing it......it's real easy to take a chance when it's not your [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/21/07] youre taking a chance with.

AGREED! It is going to take "the truck guys" to organize and get in touch with each other if we truely want a series again. Email addresses might get the word out to some guys but we need mailing addresses. I'd be willing to bet most of "the truck guys" (or racers in general for that matter) don't get on txsz or are even online at all. I'm willing to help put together a questionaire w/ postage pd return envelope we can mail out to everyone we can get an email and/or mailing address for. I'm willing to work w/ anybody out there to get our series going again so please, PM me here or email me at john@jrkellyent.com . I have 3 trucks sitting that I'd really like to get on the track next season.

addresses. I'd be willing to bet most of "the truck guys" (or racers in general for that matter) don't get on txsz or are even online at all. I'm willing to help put together a questionaire w/ postage pd return envelope we can mail out to everyone we can get an email and/or mailing address for. I'm willing to work w/ anybody out there to get our series going again so please, PM me here or email me at john@jrkellyent.com . I have 3 trucks sitting that I'd really like to get on the track next season.

John, have you been successful in getting any mailing addresses? It seems that someone should have an old USRA information log that you could obtain.

just a question, why are the trucks parked when there were aprox. 20 races on the schedule for 2007 between hmp and thr? still 8 races to go, 2 great tracks that have us running several times and still nobody shows (atleast not many). thanks to everyone who has been racing. to contact me, im easy to find, i will be racing at the races already scheduled.

trk 31 - jim albert

$$$$$$$...How much does it pay to win? How much does it cost to get to a race track and race? I'll bet that has a lot to do with why some are just sitting. I WISH I had the money and time it took to do it. AND TRUST ME I HAVE ASKED SEVERAL PEOPLE ABOUT IT. I love the truck's, and really hate to see where they are right now.....Sitting..sad!

HMP advertises a pretty good purse for the trucks if they get enough out there. The purses are low because the trucks are parked. Get the trucks out on the tracks and get a good showing which can be advertised and I'm sure the purses will increase. There is no reason that the trucks and the late models shouldn't be on the same level as far as payout. I for one would rather watch trucks than late models.

HMP advertises a pretty good purse for the trucks if they get enough out there. The purses are low because the trucks are parked. Get the trucks out on the tracks and get a good showing which can be advertised and I'm sure the purses will increase. There is no reason that the trucks and the late models shouldn't be on the same level as far as payout. I for one would rather watch trucks than late models.

How do you figure that the trucks should have the same pay-out as LMs?

Archived