Will he make another race this season?

cel 73 ..i always say your not short / other poeple are taller ......simple .. look around your local tracks and every track has one .just as nascar .... there is always a no tallent driver out there that has all the luck of haveing money ....i knew a few ..give them less of a car .and see where they finish ....so i must have tallent for i have no money ......and won my share of races with equipment that was substandard ... drove my butt off ps not nameing names ...... ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the time DJ won his championship,only a few cars could follow that Yates car(horsepower)around the track.The rest all waved at him every time he passed them on their right.How many races would Davey Allison have won in the Yates rockets by now?Scary.How many Cups would he have stolen from Earnhardt and Gordon?Hmmmm......remember the four race point lead he had when he passed away?

John, Matt, crate motors arent all that and I am going to prove that this year I promise!!

one race and already the swelling is uncontrolable?

Shawn Paul,

I thought they were going to need the JAWS of LIFE to get Rusty out of his Truck.

Congrats Rusty!

Mickey Sells stuff... He has proven he can sell widjets(sp?)

HA.. Funny!! So I am not the "short" one, everyone else is just "overly tall" do I have that right oldtimer? LOL!! you are just way to funny! Thanks for the smile!!

cel 73 ..i always say your not short / other poeple are taller ......simple .. look around your local tracks and every track has one .just as nascar .... there is always a no tallent driver out there that has all the luck of haveing money ....i knew a few ..give them less of a car .and see where they finish ....so i must have tallent for i have no money ......and won my share of races with equipment that was substandard ... drove my butt off ps not nameing names ...... ;)

If that's the case, I should have a NEXTEL Cup team calling me up for a ride in a car soon, seeing as the only thing residing in my wallet is a family of moths. :lol:

Mikey used to be a top 20-30 driver when he had good equipment,plus he finished races with his car in one piece.He is in sub-par equipment right now but it is his team that he built that has him in the situation that he is in.The top notch guys in the bussiness were not going to leave the good teams to go work for Mikey!!!

why not?......because he showboats , he's sub par........sounds stable to me.

Mikey used to be a top 20-30 driver when he had good equipment,plus he finished races with his car in one piece.He is in sub-par equipment right now but it is his team that he built that has him in the situation that he is in.The top notch guys in the bussiness were not going to leave the good teams to go work for Mikey!!!

Top 30 at best, with the best equipment, that doesn't cut it. I doubt he has sub par equipment now and if he does he only has himself to blame. I'd bet he has 2 PR people, one to blame the owner and one to blame the driver!! lol

Rusty glad you got you one, i was so happy to here you won the race, if you all do not no rusty he is the the most cheerful, hes fun to be around, great to race with , that guy is just all around happy all the time they do not get any nicer than rusty, congrats to you buddy YOU DESERVE IT. Matt

Hey don't pick on Jamie McMurry, it's not his fault he can't see over the steering wheel!!!! :):D:lol::huh::blink:

yeah! the 2007 LA phone book option for his racing seat is back ordered! :P<_<

and there's lots of low riders and cruizer snoozers riding around with only their top knot showing above the window sill - just goes to prove you don' t have to be able to see to ride around :lol::lol::lol:

Guess, Mikey wants to give the rest of the field a big head start before he starts qualifying for any races. :blink:

You know, I wonder what would happen if DW came back and got in the drivers seat of the 55? And Mikey just became an owner. Betcha he could qualify WITHOUT a champs provisional.

Hey Adam, I will split seat time with you in Mikey's car !!

The call I'm waiting for, however, is from Hendrick Motorsports, lol. B)

DW couldn't qualify in his own car without a champs provisional for about his last 4 years, what makes you think he could now. The rule about previous champions provisionals was changed because of DW using it EVERY race. It was pitifull.

DW couldn't qualify in his own car without a champs provisional for about his last 4 years, what makes you think he could now. The rule about previous champions provisionals was changed because of DW using it EVERY race. It was pitifull.

i was about to say...............every race for two years.

i'd say he's fine where he is at , but hell i don't even like him there.

CORNELIUS, NC --- Michael Waltrip Racing announced Monday morning that driver Michael Waltrip is being relieved of driving duties in the number 55 NAPA-sponsored Toyota Camry. Waltrip has missed five of the season’s first six races, and has a season point total of negative 27 after incurring a 100 point penalty for a fuel additive that was discovered in his car’s intake manifold after qualifying for the Daytona 500 in February.

“We simply can’t continue on the path we find ourselves on,” stated an obviously dejected Waltrip, “and the time has come for a change. I’ve decided to release myself from my driving contract, and begin the search for a replacement.” No possible replacements were named, and any potential candidates would have to first be approved by Toyota Racing Development officials.

Michael Waltrip’s struggles as a driver began in 1985, and have continued through to the present day. Despite a handful of super speedway wins in DEI-prepared Chevrolets, including a pair of Daytona 500 victories, Waltrip’s career has been marked mostly by mediocre finishes and several memorable television commercials.

When asked if the controversy surrounding this year’s Daytona 500 had anything to do with the decision, Waltrip reminded that he is still working on finding out exactly who placed the fuel additive in his Toyota. “Just like OJ’s tireless hunt for his wife’s killer, we’ll continue to follow the leads until we find out once and for all, just who it was that actually made our car seem competitive during Daytona 500 qualifying.”

Ads for car parts, guns, rent-to-own furniture, and other necessities for the NASCAR fan still grace the Michael Waltrip Racing website, reminding vistors that Watrip’s effectiveness as a pitch man can still lure advertisers into signing million dollar endorsement deals despite his complete inability to competitively drive a stock car at the sport’s highest level.

Despite his firing, Michael tried to remain upbeat. “It’s not cool to be fired by yourself, and it’s really uncool to have to fire yourself,” said Waltrip in a statement that was clear only to himself, “but you have to remind yourself to look at the bright side. We’ve got some really cool things going on at the Raceworld shop this summer where the fans will be able to participate in some actual shop activities. That is, if we still have a shop this summer.”

Michael sign up Terry LaBonte ( He has those Champion Provionals)

Good for at least 7 races???

that ship ain't sinking , its sunk..............nobody in their right mind would jump in and try and safe it ......

i've got alot of favorite drivers (most are dead) but i wouldn't ask that of an enemy let alone somebody i respect.

last sentence of that release says alot , not about the shop closing , but about the shop being interactive in such away with the public - PRIORITIES -

• 2 weeks later...

Archived