Will he make another race this season?

With five races in the books, I thought it was interesting that Michael Waltrip is in the negative column regarding the point standings. Not only is he last in points, but also he has negative 25 points. Good thing for his last name, but I just can’t see how his sponsor can justify staying with him and for that matter how he could land another sponsor in the future.

Watching the race on Sunday, they use to talk about who did make the race, know they seem to post it and move on, I guess Darrell doesn’t want to talk about how his brother can’t qualify.

Will MW even make another race this year? :blink:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes down to this guy I guess its better to have the name then actual driving skill or something, I mean how did he manage to win anything and how is he managing to keep his sponsor especially one as big as NAPA??? Whens the last time he actually qualified for a race and didnt use a provisional...

BTW did anyone catch the commocial with MW and Sammy Haggar??? That was halarious...

BTW did anyone catch the commocial with MW and Sammy Haggar??? That was halarious...

LOVED THAT ONE!!! It was too funny!!! I think I laughed for a good 15 min at least!!! LOL... :lol::lol:

With five races in the books, I thought it was interesting that Michael Waltrip is in the negative column regarding the point standings. Not only is he last in points, but also he has negative 25 points. Good thing for his last name, but I just can’t see how his sponsor can justify staying with him and for that matter how he could land another sponsor in the future.

Watching the race on Sunday, they use to talk about who did make the race, know they seem to post it and move on, I guess Darrell doesn’t want to talk about how his brother can’t qualify.

Will MW even make another race this year? :blink:

Both Talladega races and Daytona....MAYBE. There is hope for him, though. After all, Allmendinger and Mayfield finally made a race, and Jarret didn't need a champion's provisional for once.

MIKE NEEDS TO GET OFF TV AND SPEND MORE TIME WITH HIS TEAM . HE ALWAYS HAS TIME FOR TV ...ITS ONE THING WHEN YOU JUST MAKE THE RACE AND FINISH LAST ITS ANOTHER WHEN YOU DONT EVEN GET TO LINE UP .HAVE YOU NOTICED MIKE HAS MORE GREY HAIR ...

nope. because he'd prolly put k. wallace in it or some other [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26/07]like ruiteman , or a washed up one timer like jarret (that don't even wanna be there to begin with).

he stands a chance of winning a race before anybody that drives for him , or that would replace him would. and at this point making races don't even cut it , he better hope for a couple of wins to keep the sponsors and manufacturers backing - new name plate or not. jmo [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26/07]

your killin' me............ it was censored. still haven't figured out what LMFAO means yet ?

washed up one timer like jarret (that don't even wanna be there to begin with).

WOW, I thought I was the only one who thought Jarret had no talent, all the way back to when his father was announcing for NASCAR. You would hear him plug is son, just like DW does for Mikey. The light bulb just went off in my head, that's why Mikey pick Dale, they have so much in common, both had family members who deserved to race and both road in on their coat tails. How the world that guy won a championship is just mind blowing to me.

On the bright side, he only has two champion's provisional left and after this weekend he will most likely have one!!!

JMO :D

I love that!! Mr. Holt always seems to be right on top of things doesn't he?? LOL.. Bet you guys keep him quite busy.. HA.. Thanks for the smile guys... :):):)

nope. because he'd prolly put k. wallace in it or some other [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26/07]like ruiteman , or a washed up one timer like jarret (that don't even wanna be there to begin with).

he stands a chance of winning a race before anybody that drives for him , or that would replace him would. and at this point making races don't even cut it , he better hope for a couple of wins to keep the sponsors and manufacturers backing - new name plate or not. jmo [edited out by Nick Holt, 3/26/07]

John, Matt, crate motors arent all that and I am going to prove that this year I promise!!

one race and already the swelling is uncontrolable?

I made the comment to my dad that DJ was that talented of a driver to which he replied "but he won a championship" I had to remind him that to win a championship in the years that DJ did all you had to do was win 3 races and finish in the top 10/5 most of the time, and just finish every race of the season.

Mikey isn't tat great of a driver and even when he had the short of the stick with the best equipment at DEI he still wasn't that great of a driver. He's not even a good announcer (but then again neither is his brother). Kenny Wallace can drive, I think. I've seen him drive some great races. I mean when he was in roush equipment he finished better than Jamie McMurray...

Hey now, hey now!! I am one of those people who can't see over the steering wheel too!! Ouch! If I took things personally, I would have taken offence to the short joke.. However, I don't know a heck of alot about taking things seriously.. LOL... Still love these conversations... HA...

Hey don't pick on Jamie McMurry, it's not his fault he can't see over the steering wheel!!!! :):D:lol::huh::blink:

Archived