USRA Folded?

chiefs13

WELL I LOOK AT IT THIS WAY . IF YOU GO OUT TO EAT .AND LOVE IT OR HATE IT .THEN YOU WILL TELL EVERYONE WHO ASKED WHERE TO GO OR NOT GO .YOUR CHOICE . I TELL EVERYONE WHERE WE RACE ,I TRY TO GET THEM TO COME OUT ,NOW IS THAT SPONSORING A RACE TRACK MAYBE SO .AT THE SAME TIME I HAVE SPONSOR.S ON THE CAR NOW IF POEPLE DONT COME OUT AND SEE MY SPONSORS ,I WONT HAVE THEM LONG .SO ITS THE SAME FOR THE TRACK THEY HAVE TO HAVE POEPLE IN THE STANDS TO MAKE MONEY AND WE NEED THEM TO OPEN SO WE CAN SHOW OUR SPONSORS OFF .SO.S WE CAN HAVE FUN .THEY HAVE TO ADVERTISE TO HELP OUT ALL . .. SOMEONE OF US WILL SOMEDAY GET ALL OUR IMPUT AND SAY HECK .IT WAS RIGHT HERE IN FRONT OF MY FACE ALL THE TIME THE ANSWER TO GETTING THE FANS AWAY FROM FOOTBALL AND TO THE RACES . WHEN THE TRACK HAS THE FANS IN THE STAND IT HELPS YOU GET SPONSOR S. VISE A VERSA .

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think at this point most of the Texas SLM racers (at least the front runners) have made their 2007 plans! The only way that a SLM race in Texas will suceed at this late date (car count) is to offer a big purse. I would think that most of the people on this forum are race fans like myself who will truly miss watching the SLM Class - the SLM are now in a class of their own - if you want them in Texas you are going have to put up the money to get them here. It is black and white SLM are very much alive and the purses for the SLM events (Birmingham, Rattler, All American, Snowball Blizzard Series, Pass Series, Lakeland) are very attractive. They draw good car counts the promoters do their job and sell the show and its a win win situation. Racers Happy, Fans Happy and Promotor is Happy.

Debbie i have an idea.

Have a mayors race. How many local cities/towns are near the racetrack? Give each mayor X amount of free tickets or discounted tickets at the gate when he or she is racing. Have a Mayor Championship series throughout the year, 2 losses and your out. Or maybe a points system, i dont know just an idea but it would get the local cities/towns involved and maybe by doing that would get the local press involved.

J.C

I agree with anything that lets Mayors race. :D:D:D

The Cibolo grand prix,tie it in with Cibolo fest,a few laps around the jogging trail. :D

If somebody would put up the cars I will take care of the purse sponsors and the winner will get to put the money to the American Cancer Society Event of their choice. My choice is the Randolph Area Relay for Life. My wife is the chair of that event and I am so proud of all the volunteer and charity work she does. :D

Honey can I race now? :unsure:

Milton,you have stirred up a lot of the same old repetative crud on this thread.Until Mr.Dickerson responds to your question,it would seem the series is sore but still alive.The answer to your question will seemingly be answered by the running of a SLM race of some sort,whether it is USRA sanctioned or not.A full field would show a heart beat,a small field would make finding a pulse hard if not impossible.Forget about who or what is too blame for this struggle.At this point in the game,if Hill Country Satelite,San Antonio Speedway,or USRA put a foot forward in producing this event,it is completely up to the racers to decide whether or not this form of racing lives or dies.San Antonio Speedway is the best choice for such a deciding event because,as grand a facility as HMP or THR are,this is the one track in Texas where having this type of race car really does make a difference.The speed difference on the stop watch and from the grandstands,at those two facilities is not so great that a TSRS type of race car could'nt take it's place.Even the Legends cars at HMP do this.At SAS,a Super Late Model knocks the socks off of the other classes.As Doug put it,let the horses run.

BTW...was the originator of this thread trying to be sarcastic?That is how I first saw his post.So many others missed that...so I guess I'm wrong?

so you have the other 40 percent right .

well when you put it like that it sounds so much better. :lol:

40 PERCENT OUT OF THE 100 PERCENT OF NADA IS BETTER THAN 60 PERCENT OF THE 100 PERCENT NADA . WHICH GETS YOU CLOSER TO HAVEING 0 PERCENT OF NADA. GEEZ .WHAT THE HECK HAS GOTTEN INTO ME .IF ANYONE CAN FIGURE THAT ONE OUT LET THE FUNNY FARM OF SOUTH TEX KNOW SO THEY CAN GIVE ME THE PROPER MIDICAL ATTENTION I NEED .:D

Racedude,

The races you mentioned have been around for a long time. As far as their purses, they will be able to pay these purses, mainly because of where they are located, east of Texas. That means more people, like I posted earlier, that want to sponsor the tracks or single race. Take The Snowball Derby, when you go to Pensacola for that race you would think a Cup race was going own. The city and the county and the people in the business there all are happy this race takes place. I have never seen that kind of cooperation in this area, not even when the Grand Prix was here. I heard nothing but complaints about that event from both city and county officals. My point is you cannot compare what happens over there to the problems here.

Terry Barden

Hray, it is the money not the purse money though. the racers money, I cant imagine spending 40 -50k on a competitive car and when a rule change happens like an abc body that 1500-2000 dollars will really affect a teams budget unless you are running around the back. So what did we see in 06 all the teams that have the money to race this really really expensive series did and the rest blamed it on rules changes or the promoter or what ever. Bottom line is SLM's are for the well off.

I hear mention from time to time there's 2 classifications of racing- #1-NO Budget "Skys the Limit" Racing and #2-Budget "Hope I can eat next week" Racing.

i've said it before , bologna and tunafish go along way.............

Rookie49 I'm only 21. Give me some time.

Young Man, Your an [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07]!!!. We are tired of reading your [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07] postings and replies. Read the Forum and keep your thoughts to yourself. Consider a new past time / hobby because you [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07].

hray, you're right, it's not the purse, lots of folks race for the fun of it .. we do. :D:D :D

xcellracing, you're right, it is the racers wallet that's most important to the racer. Without it or/and a healthy $$$ input from sponsors we don't race. And that's no fun. :(:(:(

racedude, you're right, SLM's are a class of their own. So are Truck and Modifieds and Legends and Top Fuelers and Funny Cars and .... you get the picture. I can take my SLM just about anywhere and have fun racing it .. as long as I have enough $$$ to pay the bills .. but then I like tunafish... :):D:lol:

Everyone is somewhere. Some race :D , some watch :) , and some bitch about the noise. :angry:

I got an SLM. Who wants to race? :D

Rookie49 I'm only 21. Give me some time.

Young Man, Your an [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07]!!!. We are tired of reading your [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07] postings and replies. Read the Forum and keep your thoughts to yourself. Consider a new past time / hobby because you [edited out by Nick Holt, 2/5/07].

your mama must be proud......................you must be a sirien wearing grazer.

Hray, it is the money not the purse money though. the racers money, I cant imagine spending 40 -50k on a competitive car and when a rule change happens like an abc body that 1500-2000 dollars will really affect a teams budget unless you are running around the back. So what did we see in 06 all the teams that have the money to race this really really expensive series did and the rest blamed it on rules changes or the promoter or what ever. Bottom line is SLM's are for the well off.

hold on there cowboy!!! Ihave only had 2 top 10 finishes in over 25 starts. I wouldnt consider myself a front runner, or well off. And I didnt bitch about the rule changes until it came to the crate motor. If its an ABC body, fine. Different tires, fine. Different fuel, fine. Bodies are still 1500 bucks, 100+ for new tires, gas still 6 bucks a gallon. Get your facts straight.

Now, can anyone on here tell me who lobbied for traction control in the slm,s?

How about The ABC Body? Sunoco fuel? American racer?

I bet not. So dont start pointing fingers.

Brandon Bendele whipped my butt every week on the track. Great job brandon.

I work during the week to make my car as good as his. So he has more resources than me, so what.

Im not whining cus he has a better shop, more money, more tires.

Get off the money kick!!! Its not the money. I knew when I bought my car that it costs alot to compete. And thats what I want to do is compete. 500 or 5000 dollars doesnt make a difference to me. Im just in it for the fun of it. You guys (or gals) that are tring to make Sat. night short track racing like Nascar are the ones messing it up.

Sorry, didnt mean to ramble

Archived