I HAVE TO SAY

USRA23TRUCK

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole tech list was mainly suspension.What happen to the 500inch lift rule in the camshaft. 1.5 rockers (nonroller) and 68cc rule on the heads. 1.94int and 1.60ex

valves on the heads.

Dont blame the racer for getting away with THE CHEATIN. Blame the track for not having the personnel to tech all these things. Yes the car has to handle and make good or plenty of power to run 20.40s

By the way, I prepared that suspension tech checklist several days before the event and brought multiple copies of the list to the track. I showed the list to Rick and several other SAS officials the afternoon of the race.

I make no claim whatsoever to be an engine tech guy. If fact, when I was Comp Director at SAS in the 1990's, I had an engine tech official (remember Gene Moretich?) since I don't know very much about racing engines.

As I have said in other posts, Rick is actively looking for a good engine tech official. If you know someone who qualifies, give Rick a call.

Nick

As for what i checked here it is

Weight (the heaviest car was the 44)

Carbs Top and Bottom (all 3 cars ran the 500)

Carb spacer and gaskets

took intake off car ( all 3 had the stock Eldrbrock 2101)

checked for porting and polishing, any work to the runners

measured cam lift at the cam( all were under the allowed 333 rule)

and had one official with each car to make sure nothing came in or left without us knowing about it.

Rick

To the post of tearing down motors i said The track must pay for them if it was not found illegal---your on your own if it is ILLEGAL stops the crap about well it cost more to tear it down than I won IN MONEY -- please make me tech man i will quit racing period and go get it right for everyone-----I am one person you do not want to see get that job because I will tear your @SS DOWN PERIOD. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO EXCUSES i WILL PAY OUT OF MY POCKET TO GET YOUR MOTOR REBUILT IF IT IS LEGAL BRING IT ON, BY THE WAY I HAVE ALREADY ASKED FOR THE JOB, DOUBT ILL GET, AS FAR AS THE TRUCKS i WILL HAND IT OVER TO DOUG -----PLEASE i WILL WORK FOR FREE----------LIKE ME OR HATE ME GIVE ME THE CHANCE TO MAKE THE PLAYING FIELD LEVEL i WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN---MATTHEW

Christy, the cam in the car is less than 500 lift, the rockers are 1.5 and roller tip. Roller tip rockers are LEGAL in sportsman class. Jarod Benker measured the valves before we installed the heads at the track and they were 1.94 & 1.50. Didnt have a cc meter so I cant give you specifics on what they were. When I pull the heads I will measure them with my meter for my knowledge and if they are atleast 68 cc's I will make an offer on them just to have a spare set.Rick can correct me if I'm wrong but all this was checked other than cc's & valve size.

Archived