I HAVE TO SAY

USRA23TRUCK

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick,

I wasn't referring to anyone cheating.I was just trying to be a little funny.The answer I was looking for relative to the first place car getting such a lead is......the second place car is just too d.... slow for the third through sixth place cars,loose all over the track and impossible to pass without the chrome horn. :P

Everyone knows if you start grasping tighter on the tech inspections the competition will go up.You need not prove it to me,Ive seen it in action.

CYA@THERACES!!!

:angry: nick yes set up would help out alot for time BUT you also need to break it the motor NOT just pulling intakes. you know better than that. it sounds to me like there is some gheating going on and you need to find it. FULL TEAR DOWN OF MOTOR if the driver doesnt like it DQ their butts and go to the next.

hey yall the terriable one is back

colgate,

Remember that the 93 car was converted to a three link rear suspension and did not have to battle the rear suspension bind found in the stock four link suspension.

John Benker put the three link rear suspension in and Jamie has had a ton of experience setting up a three-link rear. Between those two, you can figure they did it right. And didn't John Heil give them a hand in getting it set up to go fast?

I have always maintained that a properly set up three link car has the advantage over a leaf spring car.

Now, as far as the engine goes, Rick Day is looking for someone to tech engines next season at SAS. Hopefully that person will be knowledgable and unbiased.

Nick

Nick,

Thank you for the kind words for that car and the people who worked on it. I was a very small sponsor on that car. I talked to Matthew yesterday and he was lighthearted and dumbfounded as to the record lap. I think I was too. But I wish people would not accuse people of cheating unless they have the proof. I cannot speak for the engine, I trust what Jamie and Aaron said about it. But I can tell you that the car was hooked up and has a great suspension. There's been a lot of bashin' of John Heil on here lately, maybe earned, I don't know I wasn't there, (and please no one respond to that. That thread is dead as the proverbial dead horse) but you cannot take away the fact that he can set up a race car. He helped like you and aaron said. Jamie, Aaron, and company, work hard on these cars and they know what they are doing. If they are cheating they will get caught. I don't think they are and all the time trials in the world won't convince me otherwise.

PS I would like to remind everyone of Oktoberfast 3 years ago. Jamie Fuller started 18th in TSRS 75 lapper in an 18 year old metric frame street stock and absolutely ate up the field, finished 2d and by all rights should have had the win. He knows the track and can drive a car, without beating on everybody either.

Although these are not normal SM times, this was not a normal points night of racing. I AM NOT ACUSING ANYBODY OF CHEATING but when you have a BIG BUCK race things get change and/or get altred. and put more expericenced driver in the car.its the nature of the best. and it happens in all classes.

Just have to see if that time can be backed up next time the sportsman cars qualify. If his time next time they qualify is not even within half a second of the 20.4, then it shows there was either a glitch in the system or something illegal going on.

BTW, when was the last time heads were pulled or cranks were checked in any of the classes at SAS? Seems its been a while.

last time heads were pulled was just past the middle of the 2005 season , i cant even remember a time that crancks were checked in the sportsman class.

im sure they dont like teching the cranks because of the work it will require to get them out.........pretty sure there are some 6" rods in the sportsman class, but it isnt illegal until it gets caught i guess.........jamie can drive, and it is good to see him get another win, congrats.........and if they felt the time was a glitch, then why didnt they have him time again?

For checking the cranks couldnt you just pull the pan to get to the casting #'s on the cranks then check the numbers to see what they are? I know the crank in the engine I got the casting # on it is plainly visible when its turned the right way with no pan on it... Atleast that would be a quick way to do it, all be not always the most accurate or best way... JMO

For checking the cranks couldnt you just pull the pan to get to the casting #'s on the cranks then check the numbers to see what they are? I know the crank in the engine I got the casting # on it is plainly visible when its turned the right way with no pan on it... Atleast that would be a quick way to do it, all be not always the most accurate or best way... JMO

That # will not give you the weight AFTER its been to machince shop :huh:

My point was just to check them for what they are supposed to be... Like I said not the most accurate or best way, but a way to do it none the less without haveing to tear down a motor... Atleast it will tell you the stroke its supposed to have and if its steel or not... Just an idea anyway....

Hey Rebel, I wont take that as you were insinuating the 93 has 6in. rods. I take it as you mean the class in general. Also thanks for the congrats but I didnt get another win and, I felt as though there may have been a glitch but scoreing said differently. I would have happily taken another lap or 2. The first lap does seem to quick but the second lap seemed slow also. Both laps felt the same when I ran them and surely didnt feel almost 9 tenths different. I think I could tell if 1 lap was that much slower than the other one. I promise everyone it wasnt. Anytime I qualify my latemodel the 2 laps are pretty close. Take the 2 laps and average them and you have a 20.855. I told the team 2 weeks before at Oct. fast when I practiced and ran a 20.03 that I felt I could run mid to high 20.80's.

I can guarantee that major motor tear down will not happen until I start racing in the sportsman class and get to the tech pad, LOL like that would ever happen. The first time I made tech pad in the roadrunner class is the first time that they actually teched more than just carbs and weight, as I've been told. I guess they thought I wouldn't know how to work on a car and would refuse. I think the only time this year they teched more than weight and carbs is when I made tech pad.

THIS IS NOT A BASH. IT IS A HUMOROUS RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD. pretty sad when you have to include a disclaimer!!!!

blade,

You got along way to go....

I know just throwing out an idea though... I just figured it would be better than an intior engine tear down on the tech pad... + dont they require that 1 inch inspection hole in the oil pans for just that purpose of checking casting #'s on the cranks? If not then what is that hole required for?

I wouldnt take nothing off any motor in S/A unless it was the last race of the season, or if it had just been freshend up I wouldnt...the dirt there would require a complete o/h from engine builder...it wouldnt be worth the cost to reward's from the purse...I would however go to another location and do what ever they wanted!

Archived