What is an acceptable Grandstand fee

abrungot

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a regular night $10.00 - $12.00....but at THR regular nights are a thing of the past (recent past). Each race date is considered a big show consisting of local classes and 2 or more touring series. Now if these big shows only cost the same as a regular night......somebody get that dead horse ready :D

Special shows are definately intitled to atleast a 15-25 range entry fee.... I was wondering why THR's gate prices where a consistant 18 all year though... I didnt realise they had a touring series at every race this year... Are they planning on expanding their season next year since it seemed very limited this year with dates they ran?

I plan on makeing atleast 1 or 2 trips up there next year on an off night from SAS....

To answer this I look at what I would spend if I went Bowling, Golfing, Arcade rooms, Amusment parks, etc. When I attend these entertainment offerings and others not listed above. I almost always spend more than what it would cost me to go to a dirt track. Dirt track general admission ticket prices have remained relatively stable for many years. So a price hike would be justifiable since so many over head costs have gone up for raceway operators.

My answer would be $12.00 - $15.00 for a general admission seat at a regular season event. I can spend 3 hours at a track and have a heck of a good time for $23.00 - $25.00 total. ( After fuel costs, admission ticket, food and a snack. ) Still far less than I can spend at a bar, a evening at a local go-kart track or who knows what else. I don't bat an eye at these places when I spend that kind of money for some entertainment. And the same with countless other people. I have attended some high school sporting events and payed more money for a admission ticket than what it costs for a ticket to racing events. And the concessions prices was terribly high at those school events.

It is time to raise the price of admission tickets at raceways. Sure we will hear a stink about it. But we always do when prices go up. But at the same time. DO NOT raise the price of concession stand prices.

hate to disagree trackannouncer , but people are already not showing up. WHY?

every six months or so this discussion comes up , while we watch fan count dwindle down , then we ask "why don't they show up anymore".................guarantee you that is 80% of the WHY.

if the race pays 4,000 to win charge a reasonable amount like 15$ . to cover cost it's obvious the purse went up. but a normal night should cost 10.00$.......a traveling series that comes to town that doesn't generate any eXtra funds from the stands (only the back gate) should really tell you not the jack up grand stand admission.

i beg people to come watch us race , and they laugh at me when i tell them the price of admission(and i even shoot it low to try and atleast get them to the parking lot).

but hell i guess the system is working sooo well now we aughta just charge 30 $ on a regular night and 50$ on a 'special event'...............and really what is a special event? USRA?

usac was special , grand nat'l was special , asa is special. but everything outside of that , well it aint to special , it's still just local racing with a pretty ribbon around it....sorry

the big thing i hear is not concession poeple exspect to pay . but that gate when its 8 are more that cost the average fan with his family 30 to forty .now this is not a movie show this is live .and im talking aboult regular poeple who would rather go to the races than a movie .everyone talks aboult what it cost to go to a baseball .hockie football and so forth .raceing is no where that kind of sport .it is on its own .so you have to treat it that way ..you have to convence fans this is where its at .so far no race track has been able to fill the stands the way it should be 100 poeple to 3000 ratio . but the bottem line is 6 to 8 dallors gate .get those poeple in .50 poeple at 10 gate or 70 poeple at 6to 8 dallor gate .the other problems are the drivers arent getting out enough off season and during to meet poeple .i for one have done that before with good out come but not lately .so i havent done my part .it is always our best interest to meet poeple .well i know i have made no sence .so ill .

go to heart of texas speedway, ton of cars and 9 dollars to get in and full stands, I dont mind paying 20-25 dollars to see a race but have some cars to watch, not 13 of this class and 12 of this class and maybe 4-6 that finish, you have to put on a decient show to charge accordingly, just because its a name series dont mean you can charge out the you know what to get in, usac, 20 to get in to see 17 midgets, cars were fast and racin was good, worth 20, for a regular show 8-9 dollars, I agree, 7 dollars and get 1500 - 2000 vs. 12 to get 800, dont take a mathmatician to add this one right.

I like to watch the truck series now.

thanX ,see ya at THR on the 28th......but what would you pay to see the truck series newton.

10.00 for an adult ticket, 6.00 for 12-16 yr. old, 3.00 for 7-12 yr old under 7 free. Get rid of the bottled drinks and use the soda fountain. charge .75 for a drink, 1.25 for a large. If you can buy anything in the concession stand for under 2.00 people will go more. Family of four should get in for 25.00 I quit going to the races for 2 reasons. I like to eat and drink when I go and I can't afford to spend over 40 at the gate and then drop another 40 just to get 2 drinks a piece and something to eat. Forget Beer that's high dollar. Reason 2 the races are over too late. To draw a crowd you need to quit worrying about what time the races are over and worry about when your customer is going to get home. Your people are having to drive at least an hour to get home after sitting out in the heat for three hours breathing fumes and dust. Make your 9 races in 3 classes last for no more than 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Leave the fan wanting more (and coming back to get it) not sitting there wishing it was over.

Keep in mind I'm not telling you what would be nice for the track, or the racer or the racer's family. I'm telling you a few reasons why the regular fan and the casual fan doesn't go. You guys don't seem to understand that the gung-ho every weekend fan is not what you need to survive. That guy is coming anyway. And as you can see there aren't enough of them. You need to be attracting a few thousand of me 4-10 times a year.

Just my humble not spending my dime at the tracks opinion.

I like to watch the truck series now.

thanX ,see ya at THR on the 28th......but what would you pay to see the truck series newton.

The trucks by themselves or included in the whole program?

either way I would say 12.00--based on current car(truck)count. As the car counts increased I could see paying a little more money.

more cars, more racing, better value.

I guess thats it caballo loco

You are competing with everything else someone can elect to spend their weekend "fun money" on, from the movies to high school or college football to pizza and bowling.

They can charge a little more because they are established and the fans are accustomed to the prices.

What tracks are doing now is trying to raise prices on the people who already come to the track, and that won't work.

The shows ARE too long, and the feature can't take the green flag at freakin' 10:00 pm; how long would a movie theater last if they didn't show the movie until 10:00?

Get the gate fee down, get the concession prices down, video every single race every night and get separate stories to every TV station in town by Sunday afternoon for a Saturday night show.

And do whatever it takes to get the local newspapers to cover the races; without them, you are not a real sport.

Night at the movie --- $26.50

2 games at the bowling ally ---- $ 45.00

Day at the water park $ 100.00

Watching 45 -60 men and woman on a short track --- PRICELESS

for everything else , well who cares :D

Well, first of all i don't want to go where you go when you pay that much to bowl 2 games. :P but as far as priceless goes, most want a bigger bang for there buck than they have been getting. ;)

I tried I really really tried not to post something, but I do have to point out that in all those examples except the movies the person paying is participating. If you go to the water park you get wet, if you go to the bowling ally (I used to do all the time) you actually get to bowl.

UT can charge insane prices because they have a lot of people who are dedicated fans (players enjoy celebrity type status)

Hays High School (Buda) has a 350 member marching band if all the parents show up to watch their kid march at half time that is 700 people not to mention the football, cheerleader, and high stepper parents. THEN the football fans get counted their prices are easily justified because they fill up the stands no matter who is playing because the parents love their kids.

I looked up on the Internet and found the price of a movie:

Adult Fri/Sat after 6pm $8.25 <- Cost of movie as listed on Cinemark.com (Tinseltown)

I'm shocked how many people that live within a few miles of THR and SAS don't actually know people still race there. It is really really strange to talk to someone who knows exactly where the track is but didn't know it was still in business.

SO remembering this is a spectator sport(meaning they don't get to race), nobody is famous that races in USRA and a movie ticket is still cheaper EVEN when a travelling series is NOT in town, I think you can see my point. People might come out once but they won't be regulars unless it is worth it. AMEN to not starting features after 10:00pm. I promise you people start leaving after 10 just watch the stands don't take my word for it, just watch the stands.

Disclaimer: This is not a bash against anyone I am a supporter of central Texas tracks. I enjoy racing I show up everytime I can. If they want me to make an appearance to promote I would do it BUT it seems painfully obvious that when I am showing my truck and people ask how much they cringe because they WANT to go but they can't afford to go.

Anyway like I said at first, I tried I really really tried not to say anything and I know a lot of people disagree just couldn't stop putting my really long .02¢

It all boil's down to...if you really want to go....you will pay what ever to get in...in anything you do.... football, baseball, auto racing, ect,ect....IF YOU REALLY WANT TO...key word!!!

we dont want to pay 180.00 dollars in fuel, 79.00 hotel, 300.00 to get in, 125.00 intry, 80.00 in race fuel, and what ever get's torn up to race in Houston this weekend......OH yea we do!!!!!

we are not talking aboult us the racers raceing is a drug .we just need to find a way to make every one else get a high on our drugs .any pushers out there .we will always find the money somehow to get to the races .its a powerfull drug ..give me more i got to have it .now while your at it get every one else some to .

I know the few times I've been to Mobile International Speedway, you can take in your own food and drinks. The concessions still had long lines, not sure, but I think it was a dollar for refills on the large drinks. These were Miller Lite Super Late Model Series special events, $15 for adults. Another thing they can do is allow to take in a certain size cooler. Child gets in free with paid adult admission or after purchasing and attending 4 or 5 events, receive 2 free adult admission tickets, only to be used for regular nights.

Archived