heil thred ?

ramey60

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick did not delete the Heil thread. I did.

I felt that it had run it's course - more than one person made a comment about "beating a dead horse." The thread was up almost a week, and I felt it gave everyone sufficient time to hear about what happened and express their thoughts.

Please do not blame Nick for this one - it's all mine. And I wasn't directed by anyone, including Terry or Nick, to delete it.

I know some of you may not agree with my decision, but I felt it was in the best interest of the website.

Deb, you are aware that this topic was being reponding to on a regular basis and even newer information/ideas were being brought forth. But, if you or Nick feel that about a week is only needed for a topic to run it course, then please start deleted all the old topics that haven't had a response to them for awhile then. But, it is curious to myself that as this topic was turning and looking bad towards T.D. that is was suddenly deleted. And why is that you feel you need to state you werent directed by Terry to delete this topic? I know this is just my opinion, but as you are an employee of T.D., i dont think its in the best interest of this website for you to screen/delete topics that dont put your boss in the best limelight

ramey60/its awefull the class,or lack of you have displated here.its great to have a forum for all.but [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/14/06] like you ruin a good thing.i dont agree with all Nick says or does,but he does not cross that line as you have.your post is pathetic.Frank Torres

i have had my hand slap ed for a few words or sayings that where not nearly as bad as .well who ever that was .i suppose all those nice words that fits his vocabulary fit his life aswell . .i have choice words to but i atliest try and keep them to myself and not on speedzone .young poeple read this to .but then again maybe the mentality of said person is not on the level that rest of us are on .

Nick,

You need to edit them from Chase's (SS99) as well. He quoted ramey60 and the curse words are still there. My grandma was reading it and got very offended.

I think it's great that Deb-Wil deleted both posts....

One of the biggest NEGATIVES in the local race scene is -- the local race scene is, at time, NEGATIVE!

I applaud Deb for taking down 2 threads that were degenerating into nothing but bad talk, and was causing negative feelings...

How about we look at the positive in this, and everyone start taking a POSITIVE look - and outlook - for the local race scene??

I've talked to Deb, Mary Ann, CT (Tavo), Aryn White, and others..One thing the K-MAC Sports racing division is going to do over the off-season (there IS an off-season coming up, right?) is to meet with ALL track owners (including dirt track owners), touring series owners, etc. and find out how we can help promote - and grow - racing in Texas in 2007.

It is nice that they will meeting with all the track owners in the off season but shouldn't they be meeting with the drivers and teams that have not been racing to find out what it would take to get them back? The rapidly dwindling car counts have to stop real soon or there will be fewer tracks for we fans to enjoy.Fortunately car count is not a problem at STS so if they are involved in these meetings everyone should listen to what they have done.

i was talking to a friend yesterday that does'nt race but is or was a die hard fan of local short track racing. a very intelligent , very hitory oriented race fan that has only attended two local races in the past two years. i won't name the reasons he gave me but i will say that it would be in the best interest of the tracks and promoters to try and set up a say' town hall meeting' with your avid race fans.....let them tell you what they see from the other side of the fence , what they want more of or less of , and don't brush their suggestions off with a "well this is the best way we've found for this to work" attitude.

not a 'start' or 'fascar' meeting , no drivers involved............just owners and promoters meeting with fans.

trust me, when you start loosing support from race goers like this person ............youre in dire need to listen to what they have to say. it's hard to bring new ones in , let's not chase the old ones off.

Crazy,

I think you've made a good point. If the meeting were set up in a "solutions" versus "complaints" format, I think we would hear lots of good ideas from the fans. Sometimes when I'm in meetings with the staff, I try to wear my "fan hat" and look at things from a fan perspective. I was a fan for many more years than I've been a staff member. I, for one, can't stand the saying, "but that's the way it's always been done."

We hope you continue to offer ideas to help us grow short track racing. I think that's what all of us really want in the long run - whether we're a promoter, staff, official, driver, pit crew member, fan, etc.

I can't believe that CazyHorse wrote that stuff about the fans.I've been hinting in almost every post about the fans being overlooked here.

Crazy...my hat is off to you...thank you very much for what you said.

I hope if something like that were to happened that every racer and track official grow a thick skin.They won't like and will be surprised by most of what they here.I'm sure even I would be set back by what is said and would have to bite my lip about it.

Most fans ideas and opinions won't seem to understand the racers and tracks costs and hard work involved in putting on the shows.Their opinions and ideas will be derived from finished product that they have witnessed at successful tracks and success the local tracks have had in the past.

Please listen to the fan though,because what they want to see is what brings them back no matter how expensive and hard it is for tracks and racers to produce.

Fun,fun,fun....where have all the fun times gone?

Hopefully fun at the tracks just took a vacation and will be back soon.

Chin up Tavo,you are one of the people trying hard to bring it back,among others.

AMEN Chuck!

Yes amen. Because as we all know, when a driver screws up and overreacts, everyone is here to discuss/criticize that person and talk about it at long ends. But god forbid, if's its a track owner, promoter, or even a reporter that makes a mistake, then this open website has a duty to end the discussionand try to end any further embarassment it causes. Just a suggestion, but the three aforementioned groups might wish to try and actually listen to their fans or even the drivers to help racing all together for everyone in general. It seems everyone is all concerned about the track owners sitting down and talking to one another, but mostly they all need to just learn how to LISTEN.

Archived