heil thred ?

ramey60

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nick did not delete the Heil thread. I did.

I felt that it had run it's course - more than one person made a comment about "beating a dead horse." The thread was up almost a week, and I felt it gave everyone sufficient time to hear about what happened and express their thoughts.

Please do not blame Nick for this one - it's all mine. And I wasn't directed by anyone, including Terry or Nick, to delete it.

I know some of you may not agree with my decision, but I felt it was in the best interest of the website.

I for one and sorry you took it down. I can understand locking a thread, but not deleting it. Sure, the racing scene here in South Texas is experiencing a rough spot or two, but it is part of who this community is. I hate seeing the blemishes covered up like they do not exist. I think they should be left out there to learn from. JMHO, FWIW!

Nick did not delete the Heil thread.  I did.

I felt that it had run it's course - more than one person made a comment about "beating a dead horse."  The thread was up almost a week, and I felt it gave everyone sufficient time to hear about what happened and express their thoughts.

Please do not blame Nick for this one - it's all mine.  And I wasn't directed by anyone, including Terry or Nick, to delete it.

I know some of you may not agree with my decision, but I felt it was in the best interest of the website.

I for one and sorry you took it down. I can understand locking a thread, but not deleting it. Sure, the racing scene here in South Texas is experiencing a rough spot or two, but it is part of who this community is. I hate seeing the blemishes covered up like they do not exist. I think they should be left out there to learn from. JMHO, FWIW!

well it has been kind of boreing .sence that was takeing off .so hart start telling us whats in your car .and randys car .make up lies .something im going to sleep .i mean say something nasty aboult me or someone .come on you can do it . ;)

I personally think Deb removed it because she felt it was the right thing for racing!

I think things happen at sports events (reactions) and people feel bad about them, most of the time, anyway. Beating dead dogs up is hard for those that may already feel ashamed and wish they had never behaved as they did. I am not speaking for anyone, just my opinion. I for one appreciate Deb taking the responsibility for getting rid of this negativity that effects the majority of the racing community.

OT Lloyd has put a tunnel ram on his car and twin carbs( Has to get that Yugo running somehow) :P

yugo tell lloyd that he could also put a blower on it and it still wont even outrun adam ..sorry adam ./ but im old and and and well you think of something . ;)

Mary Ann Naumann Posted on Oct 16 2006, 01:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally think Deb removed it because she felt it was the right thing for racing!

I think things happen at sports events (reactions) and people feel bad about them, most of the time, anyway. Beating dead dogs up is hard for those that may already feel ashamed and wish they had never behaved as they did. I am not speaking for anyone, just my opinion. I for one appreciate Deb taking the responsibility for getting rid of this negativity that effects the majority of the racing community.  

So Mary Ann,

does this mean that you are going to forgive and forget TD and meet with SAS now?

Mary Ann Naumann Posted on Oct 16 2006, 01:26 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Mary Ann,

does this mean that you are going to forgive and forget TD and meet with SAS now?

I think this is what is on everyones minds right now...

So Mary Ann,

I think this is what is on everyones minds right now...

I have nothing to forgive Terry Dickerson for, guys, all three tracks have at least one more event to concentrate on, as do most of you, the racers and fans! Can you please give each of us a break, before anything takes place for next season!?! We do not put a race event on by simply showing up on Saturday, anymore then a driver/car owner and your crews do.

It is nearly 24/7 and if we do not stop what we are doing and answer all your questions on this site, then some think we do not care or whatever someone post, is the total truth, some is and some are strictly their opinions. It takes a lot of time to monitor this website just to make sure something is not taken wrong, like TD owes me an apology! You guys influence a big majority of the racing community, many that never even post. Why don't we concentrate on what we can do for others and what we can do to promote racing in the state of Texas? I think we all love racing and want to see it stay in our home towns. No one wants any of the tracks to go away.

Have a great week. There is some great racing going on this weekend, pick a track, drive safe and have fun! B)

Mary Ann, i can honestly say that most are aware of all the efforts it takes in order to put on a race, but i believe most are just alittle curious as to the timing of the cancellation of the meeting. While yes it is also nice to remove the negativity from this website, you also have to think of the timing on those topic's. And yet why remove/delete, instead of just closing it, so at least everyone can try and learn from the mistakes of others.

Randy has a "Porch" motor in that thing! Must be a Top Secret "Porch" motor, because instead of building it on the Front Porch; he's now building it on the Back Porch..... :D  ;)

How's that?

ok thats funny you like my porch .post .

You had me laughing so hard I almost (oops) this is a family board... Sorry!!!! Ok, I was laughing lets say....

If we see Randy laughing a lot, I suggest someone check for nitrous.... Oh wait, Randy has always laughed and smiled since I've known him..... Never mind!

I have a question along the lines of Terry and John Heil. Does anyone know if Terry and John have talked since Octoberfast. If they have then can we please move on!

he.s working on the friends porch now to many eye balls were peeping .yes i know he.s smileing .in thought of the wipping hes planning on giveing us .we wont bend over for it so if he does ill be very glad to see it .been along time sence a bugger has won .and we need to give thanks to all who dare to even think aboult keeping that history alive ...so the question is will neil let us teck his car . :D

Well I have not and my question is.. MaryAnn are you going to let John Heil race in TSRS? It seems to me that he would be a big liability to let run at any track or serries. What is going to happen when he chunks a fire extenguisher at an offical or a pace truck? Just my opinion big liability. Now I will let it go, on this forum anyway...

and if they haven't, can we still move on?

Already have...

Rosie - Speaking of moving on (and I lost track of the original post you had put it in,) but did you win the OC Chopper??

Nope.

Some guy from Abilene won it.

Wasn't a total wash.

Got to spend time with some good friends in Dallas.

Got to see the State Fair for the first time.

Saw the Dodge Challenger Concept car. Sweet. I think I want one...

SFOT_004.sized.jpg

Actually, I think I want two...

Archived