Daytona

toyotatim

man, what a race, that Daytona race was awesome.  Both the infinity and cup races were filled with drama.   That is exciting.  Crunched up metal and sparks, gotta love the smell of that.  The Xfinity kid went below the yellow line because his momentum carried him there when he was making the pass.  He ran a great race, but he is young and knows now, just like football, if you step out of bounds, that it.    And Ricky, he should get an award for wrecking Cryle Busch.  They dont call him Wrecky Stenhouse for nothing at Daytona.  He almost took out enough cars to win it

People love to see the big ones, the car owners do not.  It is a plus when you get to see Tony Stewart, Cryle Busch, Bad Keselowski and Kurt Busch  cry.   We love that.   The chicks were hoping for Kasey Kahne but the Jones kid pulled it off.   My boy Matt DiBenedetto got him a 7th and Jeffery E got 11th.   Good for them two troopers

19 hours ago, rebelracewriter said:

I don't consider wrecking good racing....JMHO

And once again NA$CAR screwed the pooh on the Haley deal in the Xfinity.....the last line in the rule book at one time was "at the discretion of NA$CAR"

36754181_10214929936097863_3327086082155085824_n.thumb.jpg.e5789bb56adc8aaa2dd8219412ef4393.jpg

Oh yeah, the Earnhardt rule.

I was at this race in 2003. Lots of controversy over it. I recalled this while watching the Xfinity race Saturday on TV and thought "shades of 2003". The 8 spent alot of time pushing the 1 car back into the pack since he was trailing a ton and then came back to race for the win. I recall Mikey in the 15, Earnhardt in the 8 and Steve Park in the 1. Those were three strong horses that day.

Haley needs some more PR with the Chiefs at Nascar and they would have given him the win. That was quite a move and caught everyone off guard

From what I saw  he was already beside the leaders before he dropped down below the line so that looked to me like a clean pass  .that would have been my call there is a grey area and nascar needs to look at that again . bad call from my view ..had he been down on that line before he got beside the leaders then that I would say was a good call by nascar . ...I think the young man deserved the win .nascar called it too fast to me long before they took another look ..the kid got burned .

15 hours ago, HiTech said:

From what I saw  he was already beside the leaders before he dropped down below the line so that looked to me like a clean pass  .that would have been my call there is a grey area and nascar needs to look at that again . bad call from my view ..had he been down on that line before he got beside the leaders then that I would say was a good call by nascar . ...I think the young man deserved the win .nascar called it too fast to me long before they took another look ..the kid got burned .

11 hours ago, toyotatim said:

The bold move was awesome and what he had to do to have a chance to win, unfortunately, his momentum carried him out of bounds.  Nobody got screwed or burned.  It was an awesome race and finish. 

Agree with both (even though its contradictory) ....Great race...very entertaining which is what Trucks and Xfinity do, not so much Monster Boys!

Plate races are "wild cards" and even up the field which makes for a great race!

You're either a race fan or a wreck fan, you can't truly be both. How many times did races at THR end after midnight from hours of track clean-up?

When I hear criticism of Kyle Bush, I can't help but think of a driver who was known for driving through others to win races. They called him the Imtimidator. Isn't he some kind of NASCAR hero. Yet I talk to folks in their souvenir tee shirts, that say Kyle is too aggresive. What a bunch of hippiecrits.

On 7/12/2018 at 11:52 PM, HiTech said:

well king you have me confused .on one hand you agree with me some what on the other you agree with Toyota ...so does that mean you are really undecided ..:P

Mr Hi Tech I think the kid got burned too....on the other Nascar says he went out of bounds. Whose opinion counts? Not ours of course! Not undecided but rather

"know that we can all agree with the fact it was a  great race, just not the outcome".....that we can call OUR grey area

2 hours ago, King237 said:

Mr Hi Tech I think the kid got burned too....on the other Nascar says he went out of bounds. Whose opinion counts? Not ours of course! Not undecided but rather

"know that we can all agree with the fact it was a  great race, just not the outcome".....that we can call OUR grey area

True

Archived