Central Texas Speedway Updates

RodneyRodriguez

Hello LSSZ hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Here is an update on a few items:

2014 8 or 9 event race dates will be announced by the end of next week. We have been working to get dates from 5 Flags Speedway as well as Mobile and others so that we do not duplicate dates for some of our Texas teams that race in those events. At that same time we are looking to have rules for everyone as well. Registration and pit stall reservations will begin as well. November race date is planned but with the announcement of TMS and COTA running events the same weekend everyone's thoughts on this would be much appreciated. I am thinking the week after but I am hardly an expert..

CTS will be taking part in the Austin Auto Rama at the Palmer Event Center January 10-12th, 2014. This will be a nice event and the opportunity to get new fans out will be great. I will be reaching out to some drivers soon to come out and possibly work some small shifts that weekend to help promote the speedway and talk to folks about what happens at CTS. I would love to see race fans come out and stop by our booth and also check out all the other cool cars and hot rods that will be there. Will have information posted here later on this event.

CTS will have our 2013 Season banquet at the Car Bar at the Speedway on Saturday January 18, 2014 beginning at 6PM with a social and happy hour. Full details forthcoming but mark this date on your calendar. The event will be open to racers, teams and anyone else that would like to come take part in the fun. We are looking to have dinner as well for the event, ticket information and a detailed schedule will be posted here on LSSZ as well as www.centexspeedway.com . Drivers we do ask if you plan to campaign in 2014 to begin to prepare a driver bio and have that at this event as we will be producing a 2014 CTS fan and media guide. It is a huge goal of ours to market each and every driver and team. I will go on record and say you all are the show and the entertainers. You deserve the credit and attention!

Please feel free to e mail me at RodneyRodriguez722@gmail.com with any questions. I look forward to seeing all of you soon. Remember 2014 is

'ALL-IN" so let's springboard off of 2013 and make Central Texas Speedway continue to grow and thrive as a team next season.

Regards,

Rodney Rodriguez

In my opinion it would be a bad idea to run on the same weekend as F1. The hotel prices were ridiculous.
l we spent the night with blankets and pillows in the pit with all that noise going on at the rock pit // .the nearest affordable room was in sa .... sleeping out side does not bother me at all .. but our ladys wont go for it and had to drive up the next day ..so gas to drive back to sa .or drive up from cc saterday cost either way but still saved alittle .....i know its great the track makes a little more money on that weekend ... but its killing us we have to have some affordable too . ....that in the future could hurt the tracks car count....

Archived