Long Range Weather Forecast for Spectacular

NickHolt

Long Range National Weather Service Forecast for Kyle, Texas, September 23, 24

Friday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a high around 91. East northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Friday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 74. Northeast wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Windy, with a north northwest wind between 25 and 30 mph.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy and windy, with a low near 76.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

feel lucky-your only showing 30% sat nite,we're showing 60% sat nite for our race about 40 mile south of THR and we're starting our show at 9:30pm and running till 2am sunday morning-i may have a better chance of seeing your races than doing my own

Last I saw in a previous post R Date is the 22nd of Oct. or somewhere thereabouts... I could be wrong but I think I saw that somewhere... All things said if it keeps the track that its supposedly on and turns north late like Katrina did (remember the original track was to take it over Mobile but it never turned) Corpus San Antonio and Austin for that matter will get wet. It wont be a matter of if but how much... JMO but if it looks like its gonna hit anywhere close to Corpus by Wed. I personally dont think the out of town racers would mind staying home cause I wouldnt want to have to drive back home in the middle of the storm... Just thinking ahead... LOL I can already see Nick getting his calling the races too early speech ready.... :P I know alot of you want to race but unless the storm slows down or speeds up a bunch it dont look very promicing...

If its a big enough storm a lot of Corpus people would go to SA/Austin anyways. I am sure people from Houston wouldnt mind staying a few extra nights in Austin or SA if the storm goes there too. Be no reason to drive back. During hurricanes everything is shut down.

Here is a link to another forcast those in the military should be able to read zulu time otherwise known as GMT. These guys get a little more specific in their forcasts and each time there is a weather update update the track....For those that have no idea what zulu time is as an example 18Z would be 1pm...06Z is 1AM... For example 06Z/24 means 1AM Sept. 24.... Click Here For Rita's Track The page will change with updates from the Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Center division of the US NAVY...

post-2-1127259115_thumb.png

local austin weather with jim spencer on channel 36 at 6pm just said cat 4 hitting middle texas coast,topical storm hitting around lagrange to smithville with 40 to 70 mph winds saturday-chance of rain in austin 70%-and another thing they said,they are shutting down the oil platforms off the texas coast to prepare for the storm and you know what that means,Hakeems getting the ladder right now and his box of #'s.So who knows

watching one news channel awhile ago and they said this should be the biggest hurricane to ever hit the texas coast-didnt sound to good the way they were speculating-said high winds should be felt as far inland as abilene-they are saying there is going to be alot of damage-i hope they are wrong-