Late Models Switched at THR

SaltySag

The decision has been made to switch the THR Late Models from this weekend, Saturday, Sept. 17, to the 9th Annual Stock Car Spectacular on Saturday, Sept. 24.

The Late Models will not run this weekend, Sept. 17.

Instead, they will run in the Spectacular under TSRS (Texas Super Racing Series) rules. They will run 50 laps.

There will be no practice at Thunder Hill Raceway on Thursday, Sept. 22.

There will be a 10 hour practice on Friday, Sept. 23, from Noon until 10 p.m.

Also, there will be a special "Two Day Pit Pass" available for those who want it on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 23-24. The Two Day Pit Pass will be $45 for car and driver, and $40 for crew members and others.

Those who don't want the Two Day Pit Pass, it will be the regular price for Saturday only, Sept. 24.

In Summary:

NO LATE MODELS AT THR ON SATURDAY, SEPT. 17.

LATE MODELS TO RUN UNDER TSRS RULES ON SATURDAY, SEPT. 24.

NO PRACTICE ON THURSDAY, SEPT. 22.

PRACTICE ON FRIDAY, SEPT. 23, FROM NOON TO 10 p.m.

Guest Mary Ann Naumann
It's going to be a long day...
Can't we all just get along, LOL...between this thread and the "too many touring series!" Although, there is certainly some very good input on both and certainly hot topics.
Why can't they run both dates? They were at one time a "weekly" class.
Economics of the racetrack, it is not affordable to run the LM with 7 or so cars, we picked up a sponsor for TSRS for the Texas Stock Car Spectacular, that means...FREE to the track. Hey, this is going to be an exciting event, we are working to get everything scheduled to run as smoothly as possible. Racefans will most definitely get their monies worth and then some!
that's going to be a long night of racing, 10 touring series.
Jamie37, we will try to get a detailed schedule, so if you only come to see one particular class, you can plan around it, me, I don't want miss any of the racing action! We got the cream of the crop racing on that weekend, bring yours RV's, trailers, tents, rigs and remember, TSRS will be there and as Jason says, they know how to party! Lets have fun and then turn around and do the same @ the upcoming OktoberFAST and all the remaining end of the season big events! Lots of time and effort have been and is being put into the tracks working together to get the rules in line with each other and the scheduling of these end of the season events. Bubman & supertx sound like they will bring plenty of coffee, now who is going to cook breakfast!?! Hope to see everyone that can make it out.

B) Racing, gotta love it!

i seriously want to know how in the hell THR is going to fit the SLM, Trucks, Modifieds, TSRS, and whoever else is going to be there....the pits already look crowded with just USRA there. Its also going to be one hell of a night, and a long one too. Why dont they just do it on friday night and saturday night since we have so many classes?

i seriously want to know how in the hell THR is going to fit the SLM, Trucks, Modifieds, TSRS, and whoever else is going to be there....the pits already look crowded with just USRA there. Its also going to be one hell of a night, and a long one too. Why dont they just do it on friday night and saturday night since we have so many classes?

Like I said before, they've fit that many cars in the pits before. David Mackey is going to be one busy dude! :lol:

It's like a totally different place during the spectacular - the atmosphere around the pits is like no other night.

They tried the Fri/Sat thing before. With high school football being what it is in these parts, they may have concluded that a one-night show is best. It's better for some of the racers also who have a hard time taking a Friday off of work.

HECK! We'll park in the parking lot outside the gate if necessary! This race night (in my opinion) is going to be the best show of the season! Best bang for the buck!

Like Chuck says.... Lets gooooo racing!

:D Mel

Archived