TSRS judgements calls

krusty_rusty

A large portion of the LM class at Thunderhill in years past was comprised of teams from Houston that drove to Kyle on a semi-regular basis. I am very confident that were it not for TSRS most if not all those teams would not be returning to Kyle at all, but rather would be racing "at home."

The top part of this post is what Jeff Pollard posted First.

Hey JP,

I find this rather interesting what you said in an earlier post. So, are you saying that you would be racing for "nothing" if TSRS had not come along? That is what Houston pay's right? $0

I think I read somewhere that the big purse is part of the attracting of TSRS.

Also, I have to ask you kind of the same question you asked of me. How long have you been running a Late Model car? Why, have you not moved up to Romco where the really big money is at? (Thanks to Robert Mullins.)

Just wondering.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am curious KATHY, about a couple of things. I have recently been inrtroduced to this sight and have read this entire thread with interest.

First

I notice you keep referring to things people have "posted, questioned you that you are returning the questions"and yet I can find none of this in any of the posts. No where has anyone said they "run for nothing".

Second

Having been involved with racing from 1979 to 1990 at Speed-o-Rama/Longhorn and a little at THR as a spectator, this just amazes me that you are convinced that "drivers have been stolen from you".

Did you have contracts with these racers in which they committed to racing at your track? If so, I would be interested in what their compensation was in return for giving up other racing. If that was the case then I could see you calling them "your drivers". But then if that was true then I am sure YOU would have had lawyers involved by now so obviously there were no contracts. Therefore you had no drivers and they are free to race where they feel comfortable.

Third

Did not THR do the same thing when it opened up and Longhorn was still running? And rather than working with Longhorn to make the cars legal at both tracks as TSRS did when they started, changes had to be made to the cars if they wanted to run both tracks, I believe. Now who was out to steal or at east who stole from who?

Ancient history I am sure you have blanked out [bash edited out by Nick Holt, 7/3/03]

Just a curious Old Timer

oldtimer_mht,

The information about no purses being paid at Houston Motor Speedway is spread throughout several earlier threads. HMS does not pay purses at their track. If a purse is paid to the drivers it is paid by the organization running at HMS, not by HMS. That is the track's policy.

And, yes, racers are free to race wherever they feel comfortable. And no contracts were signed by the THR drivers and no lawyers are involved in this matter. However, anyone honestly looking at the facts can see that the LM car count at THR is about half what it was last year. There are many causes for this to be sure, but clearly one factor is that some of the THR LM drivers opted to run with the TSRS this season rather than THR or Houston Motor Speedway. Were they free to do so? Yep. Has it hurt the car count at THR? Probably. Are there strong feelings on both sides of this discussion? Yep.

Nick Holt

Ah Since I started with this thread I missed the info on purses in the others. But the drivers run for nothing? What a concept!! Whether the track pays or the sponsors pay is immaterial but thanks for letting me know the situation at HMS. :o

That really makes me wonder that a driver would rather run for nothing than run for THR. Seems like TSRS is not the main factor but something else entirely. Feeling comfortable and welcomed can have a much bigger impact than money? Maybe Kathy needs to "listen" to what is being said. If it was just TSRS then why doesn't THR have a higher average since THR runs every weekend and TSRS only runs one a month.

BTW Statements of fact can't be bashes

oldtimer_mht,

Calling someone a name is not permitted here whether it's true or false and no matter what label you put on it. Call it a bash, or just rude, or plain agressive. Doesn't matter what you call it because it's going to get edited out. For instance, a person can't call someone a stupid idiot even if he is one... LOL We try to keep things civil and respectful here. There are plenty of sites out there where folks can call people names 24/7, but not here.

If you would like to discuss this further, please email me or send me a PM.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Nick Holt

I did not use any rude or disrespectful words. I described a behavior/attitude that is being exhibited is all.

My Apologies to all

I had seen similar comments here in this thread and did not think I crossed the line. I will choose my words more carefully in the future as I am sure you will when you edit other people's words. (inappropriate maybe, bash no).

oldtimer_mht,

Nobody likes to have their messages edited, but I'm not doing it to be a jerk.. I'm doing it because we are trying very hard to make this the sort of place that EVERYONE can come to and not feel intimidated, threatened, cussed out, ridiculed or grossed out. If you ever had the misfortune of being a part of the old sa360.com site then you know what I'm talking about.

As a result of our anti-bashing policies, track owners and promoters, series directors and all levels of competitors, crew members and fans all feel comfortable posting here.

And you're right about the line being fuzzy. I just do my best and if I have made an error in your case I appologize. And if you still have heartburn over this, feel free to email me or send me a PM.

Thanks.

Nick Holt

from wackyracefan

This is the way that I see it, she basically stole those cars, they had a place to run every Saturday night unlike the other series that got started. Romco, Legends, Trucks, Pro Sedan they had no where to run on a regular basis. But those Late Models did. That’s just how I see it.

hey oldtimer

I think that if your going to post someting about what was said, you might want to make sure you are talking to the right person. Kathy was NOT the one that stated that TSRS stole the cars from THR. And I dont want you to take this wrong but I think that you should actually READ what is put on here and who it is really from. This was a problem in other posts and that is how somethings can get started. Thats just my take on it.

Krissy :P

Thank you Nick & Krissy for watching my back. As, I said in the other thread I was at the track tonight and just home to read all this.

I was asked a question by Jeff Pollard and I answered it. I thought it was a fair question to ask of me and I answered it the best I could. Then I thought hey, I'll ask him kind of the same question after I read his post about staying and racing in Houston. I just thought it was a rather interesting statement considering all the talk about the big purse in TSRS. Since that was one of the attractions to the class.

I do think that is the only time I have turned around and asked someone the same question that they have asked of me. I think it is anyway.

I would be interested to know where I posted the statement that said they stole OUR cars.

Cause you sure didn't see Kathy post that here.

As for Longhorn , I am not even going to go there with you. That is and has been a dead issue for along time. If you where involved in racing as you have said, then you would know that I worked and raced out there for about 8 to 9 years. I left there to go work for the TIDA Late Model class. When they disbanded THR called and asked me to work for them.

Like it has been said on here many times before--racers are free to race where they want and in whatever class they want.

:)

Haven't we all just about worn this topic of discussion out! Lets work on a solution to the car count issues,payouts, attendance, etc. and no I don't know the answer either.

Yes, I agree we have just about worn this subject out. As for any one stealing anyones cars, no one stole anything. So cant we just drop it already. Kathy did not make that comment WACKYRACEFAN made that comment so before u go and point fingures at someone make sure that u have reviewed all the facts. No one stole anything from longhorn either, there is a whole nother side to that, but we wont get in to that. Oldtimer u just need to review the facts next time before u go and pin something on someone who had nothing to do with.

Apologies to Kathy on that one. I guess in reading over 2000 posts I screwed that reference up.

TO wackyfan's email to me

If THR was so good for racers and racing instead of running there the 4 weeks as you suggest (possible $2000) and if the drivers were only in it for the money, they would be running TSRS one weekend and THR the other 3, possible $2500 per month. but that would be assumming that one person wins every week and the rest just have 3 extra weeks of expenses.

Like I said, people need to feel welcome somewhere to contiinue spending their time and money.

Out on this

Archived