Wilks

2 minutes ago, HiTech said:

HARD  enough to remember my name seeing  i have been called everything u can think of . i am bad about   names too .. really bad now days i call my son my brothers name and my brother my sons name ..

all the time ....

ill add something and many of us will understand this one  .. MY SON ONCE SAID dad how can u remember  50 years ago  bUt u cant remember 50 seconds  ago of  what i just said  ...     .. MY ANSWER  .. in 50 years from now i will remember what u said 50 seconds ago ..

Really enjoyed the old grass roots aspect of the weekend but the race was really a snoozer.  Larson was dominant in the Trucks and Cup.     Kinda strange, what if there were 40,000 fans at TMS and the leader had a 12 second lead.  People would be frying Nascar, right?   LOL   That place had a bout 35,000 and the race was boring, but everyone loved it.   

THOUGHT  is   if nascar is going to a new track that no one alive racing has raced at .. they should have a lot of practice time .. .... but this isnt a points race just a million bucks race ..  and  gives them a 200 lap practice session  anyway ..  IF   nascar  does next year    teams  will have notes  ..  .... if u look this race  hasnt  had  the fan base they use to ....      .  .put  2 million or more on the winners purse   let the teams  work  on those cars with more freedom  to change a  thing or two  be innovative  like they use to  .... its not a points race ..   you had a driver figure out the best way to get around the track  and his team was able to adjust the car to run what he wanted to .. did they get lucky i say more yes than no . .but it worked and  the best team won last night  in this race .. 

I guess because Wallace flipping the bird was more entertaining than the race. Bad thing about the race being a snoozer( I didn't watch it , I'm taking Nomo's word) is it may be remembered next year and the enthusiasm won't be the same.

Edited by arob

Man I liked the race.  Like Larson said, "Old fashioned ass-whoopin".  I thought it was awesome to watch a dude just be pretty much perfect the entire race and absolutely dominate.  Had to deal with lapped traffic, coming from the back of the field on the restart, didn't touch a single car doing it, I thought it was awesome.  I appreciate when people are absolutely on their game and it was awesome to watch. The cars slid around, the track had no grip, and he was just on full-kill the whole time while the car was clearly an absolute handful to point it straight and try to put the power down.  I haven't seen Next Gen cars slide around that much ever, and it was awesome.  Teams and drivers are finally getting those things stable and comfortable despite the lack of any suspension travel.  

If that's not entertaining idk what to say.

I do think one big takeaway that people are finally talking about, this is what Next Gen with less mechanical grip looks like, and it was awesome.  Give them more power, and less tire.  I like the talks of more power and grooved tires, that would be awesome.  Time will tell.  

On 5/23/2023 at 12:26 PM, RodneyRodriguez said:

I'm still amazed from the race Sunday how all the people that don't watch NASCAR saw Wallace flip the bird. Shit I watch closely and missed it.

ME TOO  and i watched every lap ..

On 5/24/2023 at 10:46 AM, MikePeters95 said:

Man I liked the race.  Like Larson said, "Old fashioned ass-whoopin".  I thought it was awesome to watch a dude just be pretty much perfect the entire race and absolutely dominate.  Had to deal with lapped traffic, coming from the back of the field on the restart, didn't touch a single car doing it, I thought it was awesome.  I appreciate when people are absolutely on their game and it was awesome to watch. The cars slid around, the track had no grip, and he was just on full-kill the whole time while the car was clearly an absolute handful to point it straight and try to put the power down.  I haven't seen Next Gen cars slide around that much ever, and it was awesome.  Teams and drivers are finally getting those things stable and comfortable despite the lack of any suspension travel.  

If that's not entertaining idk what to say.

I do think one big takeaway that people are finally talking about, this is what Next Gen with less mechanical grip looks like, and it was awesome.  Give them more power, and less tire.  I like the talks of more power and grooved tires, that would be awesome.  Time will tell.  

..   NORMAL racing at that old track .. there is always one  and then there is the rest ..