COTA

24nomo

5 hours ago, arob said:

STARTING  to look like nascar   is getting back to saturday  local racing .. with all the   lack of  respect comments   fingers pointing  .makes  me feel  like im at the local track ... this happens   every  weekend some where .. . the deal is young drivers coming in and beating old drivers and the old drivers dont like it . the nascar  has done everything to make all cars run  like iroc clones .no matter the make they are all the same .. . taking most of the innovation nascar use to be . soon ill be able to look up on amazon  and   order a new  daytona car .ready to go ..  just add firesuit  fuel and  yahoo  .. 

On 3/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, Radical said:

From what I see, the drivers who are complaining the most about no respect are the ones who give the least respect.

its a time we have all seen in racing .. the old dogs like us  give alittle more respect on the  track we try to race clean   . young ones know one thing  race past their paycheck .push like hell to win at all cost  and hate to  lose . with out  thinking maybe i should learn    how to drive first  how to pass  and realize  cars cost money  poeple get hurt or can  /  /that starts with a parent if they  are the builders and sponsors ..  when joshua started racing  i gave him free hand the first night .just do  not take anyone with u  ..then  he started the next weekend in the back and followed even the slowest car ..  then i said ok you can can pass a couple of cars  . no over driving  dive bombing or spinning out ..dont even touch another car  type deal .. well  he went from like 8th  to second before the exit of turn two ..  i  asked him a after the race why  .he said the gate was opened . i laughed .he was right .. . jesse  gave joshua the best advice  i never  thought of ..  drive like u are on the freeway  . u sure dont want to hit the car next to you and u sure dont want to hit the  wall  to the left of u .. / then  i told  him i wont fix the car every week  and if u wreck and are  off the track u cant win you cant finish and u are not getting  lap times .. respect is earned . 

2 minutes ago, HiTech said:

its a time we have all seen in racing .. the old dogs like us  give alittle more respect on the  track we try to race clean   . young ones know one thing  race past their paycheck .push like hell to win at all cost  and hate to  lose . with out  thinking maybe i should learn    how to drive first  how to pass  and realize  cars cost money  poeple get hurt or can  /  /that starts with a parent if they  are the builders and sponsors ..  when joshua started racing  i gave him free hand the first night .just do  not take anyone with u  ..then  he started the next weekend in the back and followed even the slowest car ..  then i said ok you can can pass a couple of cars  . no over driving  dive bombing or spinning out ..dont even touch another car  type deal .. well  he went from like 8th  to second before the exit of turn two ..  i  asked him a after the race why  .he said the gate was opened . i laughed .he was right .. . jesse  gave joshua the best advice  i never  thought of ..  drive like u are on the freeway  . u sure dont want to hit the car next to you and u sure dont want to hit the  wall  to the left of u .. / then  i told  him i wont fix the car every week  and if u wreck and are  off the track u cant win you cant finish and u are not getting  lap times .. respect is earned . 

it reminds me of 1971  WHEN  three drivers were complaining while i was  giving them pit passes  ... we have a 15 year old punk   racing with us  ..watch out for your fenders  ....    .  terry ...

On 3/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, Radical said:

From what I see, the drivers who are complaining the most about no respect are the ones who give the least respect.

What a true statement.  Mr Hamlin dumped a low budget guy just to get a caution.   I hope they get him back when it counts