Please explain/clarify these rules

WaerRacing00

im not asking about a car im asking about a rule..i dont care about a particular car what im trying to figure out is these 2 rules...

just take it and go. hell i still have decking on car that was built and ran by sos rules then. now have to change so i havent made time to change and havent raced either. looks like you may not have to worry. could be another track opening and im sure we could get body apperance rules tweeked.... :lol:B)

part 2 of your question has a weight penalty for any cars that may have been built (gutted)before these "new" rules came into affect, the car we have ran 4 years with interior decking off the package tray down to the cage and down to floor pan and was supposedly grandfathered in the way it was with the 3400 weight penalty, after the big race in march we were told to change it so we did, the sides of our car are flat at the bottom and have square tubing to attach the door especially on the passenger side were it had been wrecked and the framerail is bent in 12 inches, most people who build or re-skin cars use sheetmetal to build the door vs. an old door skin so you can have some overlap to attach it instead of trying to weld or bolt it in place, I don't need to tell you how to build your car so I guess build it how you see fit and if they don't like it they will tell you what you need to change. I personally like to have a nice looking car and like to represent my sponsor with a decent looking car and try and maintain it throughout the year...sorry for the long explanation

Comdian87,

You are correct. We were missing several cars in the limited's. This cost the class to only receive $325. The purse rewards cars and hurts when there isn't. This is everyone's incentive to help each other and get more cars to your class.

I will be doing my part this week. I will call several drivers who were not here and invite them.

Drivers in this class, call and invite the others. I want to see full field.

Ken Hobbs

I can see both sides on this issue.Fact is at most tracks Pure Stocks are going to be your largest class so they should be rewarded. And I understand tracks not paying full purse for low car counts. But I think 24+ cars is too high a bar.No body is going to make that except Pure Stock.

Arob,

I think you miss a part of this. There are 2 cut offs, One is at 16 and the other is at 24. If you reach 16 you get a bonus. If you reach 24 then another bonus. Last week several cars were out and they only had 14. Most cases they will be above the 16 cut and receive $425.

These are still better than any other track in our area.

Ken Hobbs

Hey our class will be happy to run for $325. Our gas and pit passes cost the same as the pure stocks.lol.

Im very happy how the pure stocks got paid. I have always supported the idea that an inexpensive car with a big reward make the series grow thus makes the track more money with more spectators and family/friends of the racer. Kudos to the pure stocks for achieving this and to Ken to provide this. None of the now closed tracks did this that I know of. Only thing Ken is you might be doing this all year especially if Lawrence really does this because many will follow his lead. I think a 30 car field of pure stocks can sell as much tickets as a 14 car modified show.

Now about compacts. Only because this was moved to the STS page. We are slowly coming together bring a sultry group of old and young, modern and antique but now involved left out racers and with the tracks evident success and new found interest in all the classes we might be able to put a program together. When a place become fun everybody wants a piece and we offer a place where some of us will only fit. Don't let the mouthy ones mess it up like they did everywhere else. One day we will get that second bonus level and you will be paying us $300 to win. No Lawrence you cant drive every class........on second thought you probably could.I would love to race you in my kind of car.

Back to the original post. We have a similar deal in compacts where some cars are gutted and some are complete. I believe all this for the street stocks came about because many cars came from the asphalt track built when it was very successful. Asphalt cars are built this way.As they shut down the cars started to migrate to the dirt and this might be why some are like this. Most body racers cant just toss a car and start over so this is a difficult issue to resolve. I think make any NEW car follow the current guidelines and grandfather the old ones. Gradually bring them into compliance. If a non conforming car proves to be superior because of the non conformity then deal with that. We have too good of a start this season to screw I up over a door skin. Again, JMO and like everybody. I have one.(opinion)

I would like the rules clarified also $325.00 to win sport mods , $ 500.00 to win pure stock. I think I want a pure stock .

Add to that the cost of burning off tires on a very abrasive track. Please get rid of the sand.

Arob,

I think you miss a part of this. There are 2 cut offs, One is at 16 and the other is at 24. If you reach 16 you get a bonus. If you reach 24 then another bonus. Last week several cars were out and they only had 14. Most cases they will be above the 16 cut and receive $425.

Ken Hobbs

So the regular purse is $325 and a bonus if there is 16 cars?

Arob,

Ken Hobbs

So we don't get a full purse, use 2-3 tires per night and now you want to invert the field up to 5 rows. This hobby is already expensive enough an your making it hard to participate.

Archived