i-37 enduro

ups88john

they said in the drivers meeting that the tires along the outside of the track would jump out and grab you, well they were right, luckily it stayed on all 4's. was alot of fun and thanks to all who helped make it possible.

big john

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RandyBorlace

It was fun! Was glad there wasn't too many tore up cars. I can't wait for the next one. luckily, the tires haven't ever grabbed me, but the wall sure has LOL.

some guy from palestine that was hopefully checked out after the race we'll see though, he put a hurtin on everybod, second i believe was a local dirt guy in one of the yellow cars, and chris swenson was in third one lap down, I think me and big john were in either 5th or 6th.

Jason drove the last half of the race in my car. he wasnt lieing about carb problems, but you just has to learn how to work the throttle to make the carb work. but either way the car was still slow i have a little work to do and hopfully some of these tracks will put on some more of these enduros casue that was lots of fun last night. i would like to thank I-37 for ruching this thing together casue when i heared san antonio was canceled i didnt think i was gonna get to race my hot rod so I would like to thank the whole I-37 crew for putting this on it was lots of fun hope to do it again.

i agree with racer 88, the car that(may) have won was not an enduro car..we built several enduro cars and they are stock,stock! it was fun! we'll have to wait to see where they score everybody but we were in that top five for sure. maybe we should've put in one of our race motors to compete with the 2 car :o i wanna thank the guys with DESTROYER RACE TEAM for all the help!! bobby jack and james parks as well.

I hope the #2 car that "Won" gets more tech than he got while we were there. Stock was what the car were to be and he was NOT! He was parked next to us and just from what we saw the guy had 60 series tire on racing wheels(rf) no dash,no inner fenders tranny cooler hanging out the back window and a hell of a cam. We took cars that were stock like the rules said.

Other than that it was a fun night ! Congrats to #15 Chuck Perry who should have won the $600. bonus.

The car was pretty good in the turn. Thanks Randy for letting me drive it in the second segment. Also thanks to Mel and everyone else who helped us get through some of the issues in the intermission. Sliding around was A LOT of fun and I look forward to doing it again. Was pretty cool to have the radio on and windshield wipers goin. I agree. TTOPA track and I37 should add some more enduros. Maybe add them to a local show and start it at 5 or 6 o clock once a month or something. Only scary thing of the night was when Big John and Krusty Rusty were called the FUTURE OF RACING.

Jason

Show was kinda stunk up by the 2 car. Official results should be released on Monday. Just saw were story now posted on front page.

I'd like to congratulate Brad Bush for doing an excellent job last nite in the #17 car. For those of you who don't know, Brad is a good family friend, works at my shop during his summer vacation and is also a very dedicated TAMS official. Brad is only 15 years old and has never driven a race car before -- never even got to make a single practice lap yesterday -- He took the green flag in 4th position and did a great job running in the top five for at least the first 50 laps until a faulty fuel filter caused him to come into the pits. The fuel filter problems continued the rest of the night, but Brad did an excellent job driving the car. All in all it was a great night and it was a pleasure to give a young man like Brad a chance to drive a car and watch him and his family enjoy the experience.

well, you had to hit them to get around them, but nonetheless, you passed a car!!

Sounds like the Larry Latham school of driving, doesn't it?

:P:lol:

can't beat em, join em-guess next enduro race everybodys car needs to be like the #2-ALMOST stock-but not really stock- from what i'm reading-sounds like everybody took a knife to a gun fight-by the way jason- i can hook you up on n2o-hide it and use it when you need it-then you might pass a couple more cars-hehehe :P:P

I also want to congradulate Brad in the 17 car. He was definitely driving the car for all it had. He made quite a few smart decisions by missing spinning cars, and wasn't afraid to run it in 3 wide.

Thanks to Joe Horne and Frank Torres for making the enduro happen.

I also hope that Jean was able to raise some funds to help at the childrens home.

Way to go Brad, you got-r-done!

Mel

I would like to say thanks to Wayne for giving me the chance to drive the car. Thanks Mel for bustin some butt too, the help was appretiated. Also the 'TIRE MAN' Big John had a hand in it. Lastly, thanks to the beer runner for those workers Crusty Roy that was the important job.It was an awesome 1st race and would love to go back to I-37 and have some more fun. Can't wait till next time! :)

Archived