i-37 enduro

ups88john

Guest OLDFLATHEAD
The intent of these rules is to take a car off the street put a simple cage and seat belts in it and go racing. This class is not for pure stocks, Super Stocks, Modifieds, Street stocks etc.

Any 4 door car; 2 door cars must have a minimum wheel base of - 108" (No Camaros or sports car of any kind).

The largest tire size will be a P235-70 x 15 passenger type tire. All tires do not have to match in size. NO RACING, LIGHT TRUCK, OR BIAS TIRES WILL BE ALLOWED.

Maximum 7-inch wheels

A few of the enduro rules I dug up from the CC website. How does a 2-door mustang that Swenson drove legal? Maybe my tape measure is broken! The 2 car with 60 series tires, yeah that is legal two. Sounds like a long line of DQ's is required here! :angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:o to old fllathead;we set our rules last year,before others.i wanted to make it a three way deal.but there were some exceptions!we did not let our cars lean the tires,c.c. did.we ran our tires there with proper camber,did not ruin any sidewalls.RULE 1#d;no cameros,firebirds,sportscars(however)we are allowing mavericks.darts el caminos,front whelel drive cars,call for approval of car in adv.NO WHERE ON THE RULES DO I FIND 108 min.wheel base.did you see the 60 series tire or did you hear that 2nd hand?i will be glad to give you the brand and size if rou woud like.bet it was not a 60 series!.noe as per post tech,it has not been given out yet.and the part where the bonus winner is to be notified,i have not got owens list of who finished there race where yet.i knoe bobby jack and wayne norrell finished there and here....and as for class names flathead,our pure stocks are enduro rules,did not know i had to name our classes like the c.c. track.do you have a set of our rules?good day.........................frank t.

Guest OLDFLATHEAD

No Frank I do not have a set of your rules, where are they located?

Frank you don't have to get upset, just observations.

I am sure it is tough to DQ cars and the tracks need car counts to survive so I can see your situation, I am glad I am not in your shoes. The 139 was to the rules just to bad the transmission broke.

Hey Frank you posted you see no where in your rules a wheel base rule and your pure stocks and enduro's are the same right? If so read the pure stock rules on your I-37 site. It states 111" or 108" for unibody .So is a mustang 108 ,NOT. How can you run an Enduro race in a "Stock" car and compete with a "Pure stock"? If we would have known the rules were not the same I would have brought my pure stock/Super street like I posted earlier .Sorry to say the only dirt I will get on my car is from the pits or infield at an Asphalt track not from I-37 .

It's all fun till someone loses a rule book.

MADRACING19/think we have had this talk before although we have never met.you are picking the winner before its been awarded.dont recall talking to you or anyone about the 2 car.dont talk about how you tech cars in corpus.we had several there .i know what was looked at.and yes nothing would have been found with the 6 cars we had there.and sas was following our rules,why would we follow yours?i try to work together,but then others jump in and say ,we only do it like this here in c.c.,the racers that race at i37 are great guys.we work well together,but the ones that race here are not a bunch of cry babies!.they step up to the plate to race.think i challenged you before on a one on one on the track,you backed out.i will race you at either track!again you are calling the (PURE) stock name as to the c.c. name.two tracks two views of class names....you are talking about the (SWENSON)car being to short,why not (NORRELLS)car being short.or the WALLACE barretta,or the festiva,or the skylark?it was a enduro,and those cars were legal.and if you want to try and bash car count as you did,compare mods to mod count, were ok.at the rain out was it 8 pure stocks?i wish all tracks full stands and great car counts.i like going to c.c. because of OWEN and his crew,but trash bashing ruins it.kind of like setting the track record then being teched by a racer in the class thats complaining!i think you get my drift.i tell my guys to step up to the plate when getting beat legally.we can step up MAD19,can you?if you want to run me friday,i will run you saturday......friday dirt,saturday your house!

Frank not sure where you are going with all this but what are you talking about setting the track record then getting teched by a guy in the class that is complaining.

How did CCMS get dragged into all this?

Frank I will get you a copy of my results and we can iron out who wins the $600 bonus.

Wish I could have been there for all this!

that 2 car wasnt legal we were parked right next to it.i thought enduros were suppose to be totally stock cars.not cars with cams, 60 series tires,racing wheels with 2 inch offsets, and locked rearends, that sounds more like a street stock.we had three cars there that i know wont go back.this race was the november race all over again.no rules.if you want to talk about it i will be racing at cc on 19th red #88. git er done.

OWEN,as stated earlier working with you and crew is good,but all these guys before race saying at c.c. owen said its this way.....its by our rules only.......hard to work with them.they drug c.c. into it.then you got a group saying the tires this and that.....and we use two different names for our classes and they cant understand why we dont name them the same.and major complaints on the SWENSON car,you would not allow that short a wheel base according to this group,but its ok for the 17 car to be short?i saw nothing wrong with either one of them,these guys did,said that you had a problem with it.now before parties go and say i just have a problem with wayne(17),it was one of our cars....and as stated earlier,results are not final yet.....

Frank, that is all fine, I understand some of the points these guys are making, the Swenson car would not have been legal at CC and that is probably why he did not bring it down. My rules not yours but my rules said any size 4 door car or 2 door cars with minimum of 108 inch wheel base. With that being said Wayne Norrell's Buick Skylark is a 4 door thus making it legal by my rules, a mustang is not legal by my rules because it is a 2 door with less than 108 inch wheel base.

I guess everyone needs to look at the I-37 rules for guidance not the CC rules. On guys from my track I apologize because I told you to follow our rules. Live and learn we need to follow the rules from the track in which is putting on the event.

I can understand both Frank's and Owen's point of view here. However, what I don't understand is how three tracks can agree to have these enduro races within just a few weeks of each other and offer a bonus to the best average finish and NOT be running by the same set of rules. Makes absolutely no sense! If in fact this bonus idea was agreed on by all tracks, one race has been run (so be it at CCMS), wouldn't the CCMS rules supercede all other rules?

Frank, I told you before I would race you and you were the one that shut up and didn't put up! I told you I would race you at your track on your tires then you come to CCMS and put on our tires and lets race after that I got no reply.I did talk to you at your track about the #2 car and you didn't want to discuss it.I was driving the total turd #10 .I went to support I-37 and have fun with a junk car. Car count is important at all tracks and you need people to have a good time so they will come back and race again but, when your out motored,out tired and so on when you go in the front gate thinking the rules are the same at all 3 tracks well how fun can it be ?I would like to see all 3 tracks have rules atleast for the enduro's be the same if not all classes somewhat close that way we could run where ever on our off weekends.The tracks need to work together .As far as bringing CCMS into any of this it was just to state that their rules were clear to everyone before the event took place and the understanding everyone so far has had was that the rules were the same for ALL 3 tracks or I am sure other people would have took different cars to I-37 .

Now as far as us racing I told you bring your so called purestock .Don't bring a modified and say your rules have changed and this is now a purestock .You know where I am at CCMS.

P.S. The next time I see you I will make it a point to let you know exactly who I am!That way there will be no confusion next time.

You guys need to just chill out it was an enduro we were all out there for fun and all besides for the 2 car everything was great no one particular car had a big advantage. we were all out there to have fun. and i-37 did a great job putting on the show. I had a great time.

I don't have a problem with 4 cylinder cars outdriving and outrunning our v-8 tanks. I only have a problem with the race cars being allowed to run. They should have been told before the race that they were not legal so they didn't put 200 hundred laps of practice on their race car for nothing. Its Monday at 10:00 p.m. and I don't see the official results. Please post results soon.

Ok, I know not everything was perfect, but it was a very fun time. This is the first enduro that Frank has put on and a few mistakes were made. This was well supported by all the tracks in the area. Lets not let that go to waste on the issue of legality of the #2. I'm sure Frank is making notes on what was done right and what he needs to make more clear in the future. Sam, give Frank another chance , cause I would like to see this enduro happen again for all 5 tracks in the area...maybe a "winter" deal. Heck, I gotta get me one of those enduro cars also. Maybe we can get ol' Simpson in one at the end of the year!

I would also like to hear the important stuff, like did the kids from the childrens home have a good time!

Remember those pictures of the track up north with what....50 or 60 enduro cars on it. Bet we could do sumpin' like that too.

Race hard...and have fun,

Mel

Mel, I would like to see more enduro's at all the tracks but ,the rules would have to be the same at ALL tracks involved.You can't have different rules at all tracks or it isn't going to be fair unless you build a car for each track.I will go support any track that is fair and stands by the rules posted for that event but, I won't help or support a track that changes the rules without letting everyone involved know before the race. We had the same problem here in cc for awhile and I still raced and supported the track wanting the track to be here for everyone to race at.Car count fell then things changed a couple of years ago and now we have good car count in all classes and I look forward to racing and have fun doing it.I would hope Frank would see that when things happen like this racers would poeple won't come back to race and EVERY car counts.

Just my opinion

final results will be posted very soon.we sent out two letters of d.q. and they have a right to appeal at i37 our findings.otherwise results would already be posted thanx to all for the support and will post very soon.this does not change the $600.00 bonus winner.i will let OWEN post this winner as it is a c.c. driver......congrats!will call you today.

Just so everyone knows the 2 car was legal.We were faxed a copy of the rules from Frank.We run enduros in waco and a few other tracks so we are not new at this. I am not trying to get anything started but everyone needs to know that the 2 was legal per:the rules we were faxed. Thanks David

Archived