Prelimanary report on penalties

South Texas Speedway drivers and Crew,

Many of you are calling me and wondering what penalties will be placed on those individuals who broke track policies this last weekend at South Texas Speedway. I have not concluded what the penalties will be for everyone involved at this time due to a tragedy that happened with my partners family. I will however share with you some details below.

First: I has a official with South Texas Speedway am responsible to act in a professional matter no matter what the circumstances are. After one of the incidents Saturday I lost my temper at a driver and used words that were not appropriate, especially since kids were there. I take full responsibility for my actions and will do everything I can to not let this happen again. I have placed a penalty on myself. I will be penalized $200 and will be on probation for 6 months. I will make the payment to a charity of my choice. If I lose my temper again and act out, I will have a much stiffer penalty in the future.

Second: Penalties will be placed on both the crew member and driver that broke track policy. I will let you know those has soon as I can. I will explain at a later time the penalties and why I believe they are fair.

I thank each and everyone of you for your support of South Texas Speedway. I look forward to next year and spending many more years with you. I hope to have all this concluded in the next 7 days.

Thank you,

Ken Hobbs

Think the goal of making it public is to ensure no one else repeats the behavior and if they do, a precedent is set and in the public eye. He's still keeping the parties involved unnamed and even punished himself for his part so I don't see this as a bash towards anyone, more of a fair warning to everyone. For those that were there they know whatever happened is being looked at and there may be penalties coming. For those that weren't there, it's saying, "don't do anything that may lead to this involving you" or at least that's what I'm getting out of it and officials aren't immune to disciplinary actions either. They have standards to live up to just as much as the drivers and crews.

Everyone has had their name in neon lights for misbehaving. We are all adults no reason to not act like it on here. I don't see any reason to not let the track do what they have started on here. Especially if it keeps further incidents from happening.

I will never knock a man down for admitting his mistake in public .. goes to show he cares . he wants every one to know he is human and can make mistakes and is just man enough to share with all ..I don't care to know what happened that does not matter .

Archived