Support Class format change

Racers, we have listened to you and we are going to follow the format that has been used in the past. Each night will be an individual race.

Here are the purses:

Thursday Street Stocks

$300,230,180,140,110,95,85,75,70,65,60,55,50,50, 40 to start

Friday Street Stocks

400,300,220,180,130,110,100,90,80,70,65,60,55, 50 to start

Saturday Street Stocks

500,400,300,250,200,170,140,110,100,90,80, 75 to start

Thursday Sport Mods

500,350,200,150,130,110,100,90,80,70,65,60,55,50,45, 40 to start

Friday Sport Mods

600,450,300,200,150,130,110,100,90,80,70,65,60,55, 50 to start

Saturday Sport Mods

750,500,400,300,200,172,150,125,100,90,85,80, 75 to start

Agree wholly Waer. I haven't been this excited for a race since last May for ASCS at SOS. Lets pack the stands and try to make it even better, chip in a few extra bucks to the track to thank them for their efforts and the drivers for coming out early. Businesses may want to jump on board here, great things happening at Shady Oaks!

Lets do these folks a favor at this point. If you coming then come race and have fun. Since the announcement this week they are getting murdered by phone calls and alot of basic questions that will get answered in due time. They have a ton on work to do to pull this off. Pulling off the show is one thing but lets let them work this thing behind the scenes so they can prosper. By all means if you can bring sponsorship, help or add something that contributes to the show call em. But lets help them out by not killing them with questions that are not a huge priority right now. What time gates open, and if you dog to come into pits type stuff doesn't need to be a focal point for them right now. You know the purse, rules, dates really thats all the matters right now.

Practice night spectator area no charge. Concession will open if we see a need.

Concessions will be open for Thursday, Friday and Saturday events

Spectator ticket prices:

Thursday: $15.00

Friday: $20.00

Saturday $20.00

Kids 12 and under free all nights

Spectator gates will open at 5PM Thursday and Friday. Saturday 4PM

That's a easy fix if majority wants the Ss the way it was like a shootout deal then let them do it but I was more talking on the way of Lim mods making it a separate show each night as that's normally what it is it just makes it to where if you can't race a day you still racing for a purse JMO I think they made the right call on separate shows each night I feel it will bring in more cars but I could be wrong I think the street stocks is more of your local class that was thrown in to let you Ss guys be apart of a big show but Id say if majority would rather run a shootout type race with Ss then let that be the only class that does JMO

No offense but this isn't a big money event for Streets, they are a SUPPORT class for the big money USMTS show. This deal didn't have months of planning but the track is SAVING a race. Want more money in a class, find a sponsor. I'm sure Other classes would love to race next week. I'm trying to find sponsors and my class isn't even running but I am trying to support this show.

Right on postell about thanking SOS and all involved, but wouldn't be fair for those Street Stock guys that ARE coming. This will be a huge event for SOS, USMTS, and the fans in South Texas. Saw some Missouri folks already down here scoping the track so let's find ways to help them rather than pick about something.

Right on postell about thanking SOS and all involved, but wouldn't be fair for those Street Stock guys that ARE coming. This will be a huge event for SOS, USMTS, and the fans in South Texas. Saw some Missouri folks already down here scoping the track so let's find ways to help them rather than pick about something.

You mean these folks?

USMTS has never had a registration or entry fee for support classes other than pit passes.

Thats why SOS NOT changing ANYTHING...its not a SCAM guys its time to race and time to watch racing so just come and enjoy your self if you like racing at all...its all laid out in plain English...

Good luck to all Racers...the Lord is upon us let him Shine bc the oak tress as SOS will keep you cool...

Archived