USMTS SHOW

It is with great sadness we must announce the USMTS show at South Texas Speedway is cancelled. We have had a significant amount of rain over the last few months. This has hampered our ability to make the necessary repairs needed to have the USMTS here February 11th. The safety of the drivers are the most important thing to us and we must be able to give them a track that is as safe as possible. Currently the back wall has a partial structural failure. This was due to the rains washing out the dirt foundation. We are in the process of moving and replacing the back wall to make sure it is safe for the rest of the season.

We thank you for your support.

We are planning on having a practice in a few weeks followed by the opening night. Sames Ford night at the races February 28th.

Ken Hobbs

Honestly we need two things, The first is equipment and the second is operators. We need a drain placed from the infield to the ditch. All the water now just sits on the front stretch. I talked to Tedd the other day he spent 80% of his time at the track this season pumping water. We are still pumping the pits and track out today. I finally was able to get a backhoe out at the track. I am going to try and use it to fix the back wall.

The track used to have two drainage pipes. One has since been removed during the Mud fest and the second is stopped up completely or collapsed.

We have spent $7,000 this year in pumps and fuel.

If you have any equipment please let me know.

Ken Hobbs

Archived