2015 Rules

2015 STS PURESTOCK RULES, ENGINE MUST DRAW 15 INCHES OF VAC AT 1000 RPM AND 450 LIFT AT VALVE. NO RACING SHOCKS AT ALL, 3300 LBS, MUST HAVE METAL IN TRUNK OVER REAR SPRING BUCKETS, NO SPOILERS AND NO HOLES IN HOOD, COMPRESSION RULE OF 160 WITH 5 PUMPS. STOCK BUMPERS OR FRONT NOSEPEICE AND REAR TAILPIECE IF PIPE BUMPER. STOCK 4412 ONLY. THESE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS, A LOT OF MONEY NEEDS TO BE SPENT TO MEET NEW RULES. JMO. I DONT RACE THIS CLASS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is good that the two tracks are working together.But it seems they left one important element out,,the race teams.It is obvious the STS pures are going to have to spend a lot of time and money to comply.I see 4 things happening.1/Spend and comply 2/Run illegal and take chance with tech 3/Sell 4/ jackstands .The lesson to be learned here before radical rule changes have a drivers meeting and get their imput.At least then they are heard and the track may find out things they didn't think about.I hope I am wrong but there may be unintended consequences here.

WELL i know one team aint happy but he will spend the money he should not have had too ...i dont have a dog in this fight other than a team mate races there .....why ,,you have a large class and now you may screw it up ..i just dont get it .what to meet other tracks rules ..i can understand if you had small class .but these rules i know of still wont fit all the dirt tracks ....other than try make other racers from other tracks happy they dont have to spend the money to conform with this track ... i hope this track did not kill that large class .... i still wish all the best but i dont think this is the way to go ..jmo .....i know ill get beat up here most likely .....so it may ...i hope this track comes to its senses and listen to its local racers seeing they are a large class .there are common adjustments that dont cost this type of money to almost rebuild a car just to be even with others

the hard part is trying to replace missing interior metal, i have a 68 chevelle thats cut out behind drivers seat. dont think i can many chevelles around to get these parts. not going to be able to sell these cars because they wont fit any local rules, and they are too heavy to make streetstocks. jmo

Might have to but that means traveling every week. Not bitching just saying finances don't make sense for that to me personally. I know about half of the LLM have done that for a few years and I respect that but if that was what was in the cards for me I'd join STSSS, TALMS or DCRST. Guess we just deal with the cards dealt and go from there.

Put 10 inch tires on and join super stocks....classics ..sorry... Just a thought

I have looked at those rules and they look pretty good. only problem is the weight, my car and most of these old purestocks were built with heavy pipe, hard to get them light or rear percentage cages are too far forward. there was a couple of new ones built recently that would work.

I AGREE WITH STARTING A BOMBER CLASS, BUT YOU CANT RETURN RACECARS BACK TO BOMBERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE LET THEM EVOLVE. I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT BECAUSE I USED TO RUN BOMBERS AND SEVERAL YEARS LATER MY WIFE RAN BOMBERS. JMO WHY ARE WE POSTING THIS ON GOLIAD PAGE ANYWAY? THEY DIDNT CHANGE THE RULES. I WILL NOT POST HERE ANYMORE NEED TO MOVE IT TO STS.

They need to learn how to say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't run them.. If you wanna run roller rockers, tubular control arms, all the RACING stuff ,then just move up a class! I think there's a reason they call it pure stock.. Suppose to be an ENTRY level class.

I don't know any of the pure stock drivers at SOS that asked for STS to switch to our rules. Bobby there are a lot of cars in Houston at a salvage yard, go pick one up, drop it off at my welding shop and I'll put a cage in it for you, that will take care of your sheet metal issue.

Archived