Preregistation is now open

SouthTexasSpeedway

Just throwing out this idea, use time limits, excluding emergency red flag circumstances. Heat races, 8-10 laps or 15-20 minutes. 25-30 lap features 45-60 minutes. But splitting the show into two days even with just 3 classes shouldn't be a problem getting a "decent" time. I know a lot of people are worried since Havoc ran late but they ran heats and features for 8 classes plus 3 Go Karts AND a special event for kids at Intermission. If 3 classes with a split show can't be done at a "decent" time...

e-mods only draw local cars if they all show up maybe 14-16 , pure stocks and streets run everywhere and are a bigger draw as far as car counts go.. and everyone lost out on a lot of racing due to rain -outs so don't feel like the lone ranger--ette..December = possible cold = less fans, try not to drag it out

E-Mods do offer a bunch of pluses.1/ There is a hint that STS wants a decent time.Since there are only 15 or so E-Mods they fit 2/Most of these drivers are around 20 or under,gives them the spotlight they never had 3/ Race program moves fast as you only need two heats and a shorter feature 4/Won't have to pay as much. Having said that the Streets will probably bring 30+ cars.To save time with 36 or under divide heats by 3 take top 6 from each heat and the remaining 6 from last chance.No B-Mains this way.Same could be done with Pure Stocks.Modified heats 12 cars per heat.Since this class tends to have more cautions solo spin in heat resulting in yellow you are out.In B,C Last Chance and Main two solo yellows ...out.One chance at side by side restart otherwise single file restarts for all classes .All this to save all important time.

I would imagine if Street Stocks are added, they'll use the STSSS rules. I know Ken is trying to get Pures from SOS and heard some Houston guys are interested. I'm not even sure which CBS class would fit STS and haven't seen any of them run. I'm sure the track will be releasing some more info in the next few days.

Just speaking as a spectator I hope there are not too many classes running that could extend the night of racing into the wee hours of the morning. Some of us older folks who love to watch racing can't make it too late into the night. Thanks Ken for giving these guys a place to have fun.

Archived