Update on the little boy who fell?

stevenmacc

Thought it was quiet ridiculous the amount of kids running around acting like wild Indians , most had no shoes on running up and down steps. Looked like a accident waiting to happen. To the child who was injured . I hope the best for him! The race track is no play ground. Hope the officials make it safe hate to see the ambulance take another at the next race.

Now that someone else kinda alluded to it, one thing I'd like to see stop are kids on bikes or scooters in the grandstands, that's a disaster waiting to happen as well. Still hoping the injured child recovers and safety is considered for everyone. Those poles are taking a beating just passed turn 2 as well.

I'm sure kids running around without shoes is a result of the bounce houses.It should not be on the track to control kids ,that should fall on the parents.But I guess it is time to post signs along the fence telling parents to control their kids.I agree there is no good reason for some to ride a bike or anything in the spectator areas.Another thing that bothered me were the two guys standing behind the turn one fence at the start of the lim mod feature.No good reason for anyone to be there.

Sad a track would have to monitor parents who love racing more than their kids and lets them run around ..every once in a while like almost every day at work .i have to remind parents to keep control of their kids while in the store so i dont have to .we are glad they chose us to shop with . to darn many ways to get hurt in an auto parts store ..and most do so .some well just makes me want to put a knot on their heads .and have had some tell to me kiss off and still want me to help them they get mad at me .so what .. .......i dont and i wont when it comes to me going home knowing i saved a child from one getting hurt from the lack of parent and care skills .. and i have mentioned to them if the child gets hurt from the lack .i will make sure the police knows why the child got hurt ......its then left of to the police to call who ever....you know just where those kids are headed in life ...my mom would burn our butts for leaving her side and we never let our son run around ..if you see your self in my post ..its up to you to fix it just dont hold blame but to your self ..

This was a accident we were sitting not far from where it happen and the boy was walking up the steps with the parent walking behind I looked away for a sec and next thing I knew he wasn't there dunno how or what happened exactly but I think the railing needs to have a foot guard or extend the cattle panels all the way to the top..I also witnessed adults and kids walking on top over the concession stand roof top that needs to be addressed aswell

The injury isn't what has me irked, I sit towards the other end of the track but generally speaking there's a lot of kids running around or riding. There's not a lot of time or room to react while walking and a kid goes by on a bike/scooter. Thankfully it hasn't happened. I'm all for playgrounds, bounce houses, etc and love that there are kids at the track and have a place to go burn energy but as HiTech said, it's easy to get hurt at a track. It's unfortunate that an injury occurred and seemingly while everything was done right to prevent it. The track did a nice touch in caring for the kid and asking for prayers over him and the family.

Well STS had twice as many kids as they do now and other than a kid sticking his foot in a hole by the back fence behind the stands that happened to have a snake in the hole I don't know of any other incidents.I looked at the end of the stands and I have to say I don't know how anyone could just fall through.Anyway hope all is well with the child.

Archived