USRA/ARTS Drivers Question

SASPEEDRACER24

Would you entertain the idea of running at least one maybe two races on dirt this season?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you entertain the idea of running at least one maybe two races on dirt this season?

• Yes in any situation
    • Yes if points were involved
    • Yes if points were not involved
    • No if points were involved
    • No if points were not involved
    • No I dont want to wash my truck
    • On the fence

either all asphalt or all dirt- you don't want to try and use the same truck for both.

+ dickerson wants to get away from the dirt scene, and MR.Garrett & ARTS have no desire to do so....

I hope it doesn't mess up my purdy stickers...

you do a bang up job of that already!!!

it's all in jest bro....7/8ths

either all asphalt or all dirt- you don't want to try and use the same truck for both.

Is there anything in the rules that prevent this or is it an issue with the way chassis are built ect. ect. ect... I ask because up north there is a truck series that uses very similar rules to ARTS and they have been rather well recieved...DTRA

While I am not in the truck series, I think it is a great idea. In fact, I would love to see all of the asphalt touring series run at least one or two dirt races each season. Any dirt track touring series should also run at least one or two asphalt races.

The change just adds to the excitement for the fans and the drivers, and could help bring new fans to the stands. It would give the drives more exposure to other kinds of tracks and be quite challenging. Sort of the way adding at least one road course does.

JMO

Lloyd

TPS #19

Absolutely, it would be great to run on dirt as far as the trucks are concerned. I know the 970s work ok on dirt if you have the setup right, I ran take-offs from my ARTS truck on my purestock @ I-37 last season. As far as super latemodels go...hehehe now that would be an interesting show on dirt!

Jr. B)

Just my opinion HELL NO!!!!!!! Now i dont know a whole lot bout dirt racing but i do know that the cars we run are not set up to run on the dirt. I have looked at some of these dirt cars and im interested in learning about them and learning what all these extra bars (that our cars do not have) actually do. Thats just my opinion.

Wouln't an asphalt car/truck have to have a little "Beefer" chassis? I mean wouldn't they need some bars on the side and front and rear bumpers to deal with all the contact that happens on dirt?I would love to watch the LM's on dirt but I just dont think anyone will want to put their high dollar peices on dirt. JMO

The trucks and the tire they run would work and no one would be at an advantage chassis wise I would think... Everyone would be on equal footing... So to speak...

From a suspension engineer point of view, successful asphalt and successful dirt setups are very different. Even the chassis are made with different goals in mind. A dirt chassis is built a narrower track width and a higher center of gravity height in an effort to promote weight transfer to the outside tires to produce side bite. An asphalt car is built wider and with a lower center of gravity height in order to promote less weight transfer top produce more adhesion on all four tires.

Nick Holt

Right 24! It would be up to the teams to set up their chassis better than the others (as in all racing). Jason & I ran very competetively @ I-37 on Friday night w/ the purestocks & then Saturday night @ SAS w/ the roadrunners. I'm not disclosing setups, but it didn't include changes in: springs, rearend, ride height, track width, or shocks. I personally think the ARTS style truck would be great on the dirt but would include all of the above changes to be really fast. I'd definately be there ready to race if one of the truck series decided to race @ I-37. (hint, hint ;) )

B)

Right 24! It would be up to the teams to set up their chassis better than the others (as in all racing). Jason & I ran very competetively @ I-37 on Friday night w/ the purestocks & then Saturday night @ SAS w/ the roadrunners. I'm not disclosing setups, but it didn't include changes in: springs, rearend, ride height, track width, or shocks. I personally think the ARTS style truck would be great on the dirt but would include all of the above changes to be really fast. I'd definately be there ready to race if one of the truck series decided to race @ I-37. (hint, hint ;) )

B)

Well there you go. I guess little things like springs, ride height and track width just don't matter when switching between dirt and asphalt environments. You learn something new every day in this business. LOL

Nick Holt

Guest RandyBorlace

i was over there on saturday's helping out jason kelly at his house and we didnt change anything, it's all in the driver, john jr. won i think 2 RR races and jason won a heat or two, with no changes at all, i have never heard dirt cars were more narrow then asphalt cars, my chevelle had 2 in. offset wheels all the way around and was as wide if not wider the most of the Roadrunners or sportsman out there. oh well i got jason's nova now , maybe i'll be able to put it in the winner's circle too.

Archived