ARTS LOYALTY!

Chevy Orange

Guest RobCarter88

Ok, I will be quiet, your post speaks volumes for your series. And whoever Andy is, tell him he can quit PMing me with threats. If it makes him feel better if he whips a 72 YO guy, I will be glad to meet him.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noone has threatened anyone in any pm or anything else for that matter. I don't know Rob where you came up with that If anything I said offended you then I apologize. I'm really passionate about ARTS and the people associated with it. My brother, Jon has sunk a lot of time and money to keep the series going after it almost folded about 2 yrs ago. Our friend, the late Bruce Stark started ARTS in the Lone Star Region and it's our intention to keep it going. ARTS is the best it has ever been and there isn't many series around here where you can go race on different parts of the country and be under the same rules.

Rob I dont know you but your remarks show that you are [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/29/04]. You think Jon makes money from this...Hell no. I havent bought a truck from him and I have run with arts for 5 years and ran in probally 5 diffrent trucks which not a single one was purchased from Jon. Bruce Starks did alot for this series and when he passed away know one knew what direction it was going in. But Jon picked it up and kept it running. He has come a long way. You think he made money when they only had 8 truck show up to race the first year he had it? And why should he sale it. Why does Terry D have to own every series??? I myself think its pretty crappy of him to do this. He knows what he is doing, he is trying to run arts into the ground. I will continue to run with arts whenever im intown to race to support my friend Jon Garrett.

1ST rule of engagement of an argument little brother, is never argue with a [self edited on the grounds that it could be considered slanderous and or edited out anyway by adminastrative officials ].....

you know rob i'm sure you a hell of a guy-but most of your post/opinions are so far from fact it's embarrassing...i'm actually embarrassed for you sometimes when i read them....but please don't take offense,i trying to state this the nice way i know....

ps-if you were threatened (pm s) i apologize for ARTS on behalf of whom so did it...

Guest RobCarter88

You guys enjoy running off fans? I am sure sponsors are lining up at your door now. The stands will have a few less now when ARTS is running. It looks to me like you ARTS boys have drawn the line in the sand. Where are you guys going to race next year? Let me know, I will be sure and not invade your loyal series. I am sure there will be plenty of seats open for your few fans that you have. Good Luck, and Colt, everyone knows the strings attached with TRC and ARTS. A lot of drivers know that too. Your opinions are strongly biased.

I thought this thread was about ARTS loyalty.

I'll give my opinion,and just being honest guys,how many registered drivers did

ARTS have this past year?

How many trucks do you know of that are not racing?

To say that ARTS is as good as it has ever been would be ridiculous.

Here are the numbers

Year Trucks per race

2000 24.13

2001 14.3

2002 15.23

2003 13.2

2004 13.93

Atleast there was a better average in 2004.

These are the numbers off the ARTS website,now is the truck count up or down.

If there are so many drivers & truck owners out there that have ARTS Loyalty

where have they been the last four years?Just my opinion and looking at it

from a fans view because I love watching the ARTS races when I can.

everyone knows the strings attached with TRC and ARTS

Rob, please explain. Cause if the fix is in I am pissed off cause I didn't my wins I was expecting. Yes, we have three national championships and bring 4-5 trucks to every race. And if you think any of the wins is because of any reason other than Terry knows how to set-up trucks, the Meredith's know engines, lots of long hours, hard work, Colt is faster than a scalded dog and Bryan is damn good himself, you are dead wrong. We have crap that goes against us too, and we have to pass tech just like everyone else. I understand where you are coming from and you make some good points, and I have made no secret I would prefer ARTS to run with USRA. But should I leave my wife everytime I see a younger girl walk by, even if things aren't always perfect?

But I tell you what, I will trade you Andy66 for one of those billboards or the mule.

Charles

That would be like asking why your not out there every week that late models are racing. MONEY car problems MONEY family commitments MONEY do I need to go on?

A lot of those 13.9 you show on your post are not always the same trucks at every race, I am sure we could get a count of how many different ones there were all year, but it won't be me doing it .

I know that most of the truck drivers, along with your self (in a car) had unlimited time and money would be at every race.

I have followed two traveling series, and by far enjoyed the truck series the most, it was like family. We also had the opportunity to race at alot of different tracks. East coast one week and the West coast the next. What more could you ask for?

Cheryl

A lot of those 13.9 you show on your post are not always the same trucks at every race, I am sure we could get a count of how many different ones there were all year, but it won't be me doing it .

There were 37 drivers in 2004 in Lone Star...that includes about 7 that were USST in Witchita Falls that raced with us...some of the others were 2 drivers racing the same truck. So I think there were approx 25 ARTS Trucks that raced...

I am just putting the numbers out there and asking because I'm not in the

ARTS circle.I do see alot of these trucks that are not being raced.

Two questions to think about.

Do the people out there racing ARTS want more trucks racing?

Is the Lone Star Region content with the truck count that it has now?

Wow,

To think this thread has gotten so far off track... I spoke to Jon today as the press release was being put up... As usual the conversation went very good... One comment that I made to him that I'll make public is the FACT that so many people have ideas and opinions of what they feel needs to be done with ARTS... Many of the comments are from people who can't keep a car/truck on the track(money) much less run a race series... Here's my idea, go out and buy TSRS or TAMS, then run it for a while. If it makes it I'll be the first to congradulate you, if it fails then go stick your head back in the sand... I am one of those drivers who runs on a limited budget, when I have ideas I call Jon and make my suggestion; not try to cram it down his throat...

Good Job Jon, ARTS and my fellow drivers and crews...

Oh one last point... Anybody stop to notice that the car count at SAS for Latemodels was down the last half the year... Folks money is tight, despite what you think of ARTS...

Once again on 12/14 we will be having the S.T.A.R.T meeting at the Highland Bowling lanes 183 and Burnet road @7PM.. and this issue will be on the list.

Sub items include

#1 How to draw ARTS trucks out of retirement

#2 How to promote the sport to areas to gain more sponsorship.

One other requested item is how to convince 29LL to donate any winnings to JRA Kids Club!!! :rolleyes::huh::P:D:D

Charles,

I was typing as you posted... I for one run on a limited budget, as do many of the other trucks you mentioned that are not out there... Plus the company I work for keeps me quite busy... Some consider these to be excuse, thats fine; but when you consider that even with Mr. Dickerson payouts one can't make a living racing... You have to pay your dues and go to the big leagues...

Why would Jon T not want to sell the series? He could concentrate on the bussiness of selling parts and Dickerson could concentrate on getting the purse and the truck count up.

Eddie,

I think Jon T explained his reasons for not selling in another post. Jon T's Post

Nick Holt

As far as selling parts, that would be limited to Cams, Carbs and Crate motors... Everything else we can buy wherever we want... One can't make much on just those...

Don't get me wrong, I understand your point of focusing; but that isn't what Jon wants... Jon wants to make this(ARTS) whole thing work...

Thanks for all the info.

I'm just trying to get as much as I can.

Do any of the ARTS trucks want to show up and do

Promos next year?

Please let us know I easy to get in touch with email,pm,or call

cell # 431-3392.

This would be done through the new S.T.A.R.T. organization that will be

meeting at Highland Lanes 12-14 at 7:00 pm.

This will be a great venue for every class to promote an get exposure.

ARTS will be there. They have been there. They understand the difference between Houston Motorsports Park and Houston Raceway Park.

There website actually works. check it out for yourself/ www.allstarracetrucks.com/ usra2005.com

They aren't using someone else's name, they own the trademark. There name wont change.

They won't cut and run if the going gets tough,they are up front and they know what they are doing!

ARTS HAS BEEN HERE,and most of all, THEY WILL BE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gundog10, are you the ARTS gaurd-dog or what? Dickerson was just trying to help the trucks grow. If another SLM series came to town, the racers would choose the series that has the most to offer. Racing is part of the free market.

gundog10, are you the ARTS gaurd-dog or what? Dickerson was just trying to help the trucks grow. If another SLM series came to town, the racers would choose the series that has the most to offer. Racing is part of the free market.

Bandit,

Here's a question for you and everyone else... Why is there so much flack being given to Jon garrett and ARTS? Why aren't people just as upset with TSRS & TAMS for not wanting to sell? Heck for that matter how many TSRS Cars were in Corpus? Whoops my bad that was a LATEMODEL Race with a HUGE PURSE... So I'll ask again, what was the car count for that BIG MONEY WELL ADVERTISED RACE... WITH FREE TICKETS AND DISCOUNTS!

Did I make my point?

This thread is about: ARTS LOYALTY!

I agree with you Dickerson was looking to buy ARTS, he also made offers again on TSRS & TAMS... All three DECLINED! Start another thread on the fact that ALL THREE SERIES MADE A HUGE MISTAKE... Believe me I wont be typing on that thread...

NEXT!

Kiss_racing, to my knowledge, TSRS and TAMS have large car counts. The ARTS races I seen could have used more trucks. I have nothing against Garret, I consider him a friend. If it were not for Jon the trucks would not have a place to race. Along the same lines, Robert Mullins loves SLM racing and has always wanted the series to continue to grow. That is why he chose to sell it to Trackside Entertainment, he believes they can take it to the next level. I am just saying maybe Jon should look at it the same way. I no longer race in that series, but I don't want to see a split that kills the ARTS series. As to question about the big race at CC, I don't know, I don't race that series either.

Bandit,

That post wasn't ALL directed at you... The car count at that race(corpus) plus several other latemodel races have been very low... That is why I was saying that just because you offer bigger purses doesn't always mean you get more car/truck count... As far as the part where I was saying tsrs & tams, these as you know are touring series... They both have higher vehicle counts agreed, but again please realize this is Jon Garrett's first full year of running this (ARTS) thing... Jon has ideas, dreams, goals and a vision for where he wants to take ARTS... I for one as well as others have decided to stay with Jon and ARTS... To Mr. Dickerson I wish him the Best in Super Late Model, (Latemodel and whatever) else he gets into... I have nothing against Mr. Dickerson, I just choose to stay with Garrett...

Archived