ARTS LOYALTY!

Chevy Orange

Ther are a lot of rumors and discussion about Romco's new owner starting his own truck class. The man has the connections, money and know-how to do it. Pay-outs are rumored to be higher than what we at ARTS are used to,running with Romco would definitley be very good exposure. But to quote Gunnar at our awards banquet -( We run with the WELL- known ARTS series--- and you run with WHO???-Never heard of them!!)There are not enough trucks to run two truck series-THAT IS A FACT!(8 or 9 trucks is not much of a show if we split the drivers!) I would like to know where all of the ARTS drivers stand on this issue?? This last year was Jon Garrett's first full year of running the series and I feel he did a bang up job for one guy who had the series dumped in his lap and was told to run it himself or watch the truck series DIE!! Jon has a family. like we all do and has to try to make a living and find sponsors and run the series and put up with all of the crap and headaches that go along with it!! He is working very, very hard to make the series better, more profitible, well-known, respected, and with a little patience we will have a series sponsor for next year!! Bottom line is; are we going to see a lot of fly-by night drivers leave to join;(Who do you race for?-Never heard of them!!) or are we going to support the series fans love to watch--The action packed, we ain't afraid to rub, competitive,fun, and comradery- filled, hurry back to your seat the trucks are about to race-ARTS SERIES!! And in case some of you are wondering what ARTS stands for---ALLSTAR RACE TRUCKS SERIES--The best thing going!!!!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well put! Thanks for your support and I hope ALL of the ARTS teams stick together on this. Jon has done a great job of keeping the Series alive since it was dumped into his lap ayear and a half ago. Promoting, scheduling, and racing in the series to keep the truck count up to have a good show. This year, I feel was the best year for the trucks in the 6 yrs. that we have been racing in it. Keep in mind, if you change series, you'll probably have to buy a new truck to compete. I don't think alot of you can afford to buy a new truck to compete in a series that you don't know that will even exist in a year from. Just a few thoughts to consider.Keep ARTS going and I know you won't regret it!

paste from other tread

Next Meeting: 7:00pm Tuesday December 14, 2004 at Highland Lanes (corner of 183 & Burnet Road)

Highland Lanes

8909 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78757

(512) 458-1215

This meeting is open to anyone from any track or any traveling series who would like to attend. We will try to hold some meetings north and some meetings south, maybe even San Marcos (ish) so the SAS group can join in now and then as well.

It is understood that some might have prior commitments which will conflict with this meeting. If you could still send a representative from your pit crew, press box or corner of the stands to stand in for you, we will try our best to not conflict with future schedules. This will probably need to be one of the first things we learn and discuss with STOP is that, not always will schedules mesh perfectly. When this happens, we need to try and make the best with what we have and move forward from there. With a group of 50 - 100 - 200 people, it's going to be hard to make sure we always find a "perfect" time and place to meet, but we will try our best.

As I said, this meeting is open to anyone who enjoys the sport of Auto Racing and would like to not only see this sport survive and grow, but see if they might be able to help it do so. Constructive critisism is very welcome, but lets try not to let these meetings become a gripefest.

I personally am extremely excited about what we are going to hopefully start and hopefully be able to make a difference with.

Chuckman, did you say y'all put together a list of things to think about before our next meeting?

This post has been edited by nascarbar on Nov 23 2004, 09:06 AM

--------------------

> > S.T.A.R.T. < <

START Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together - Stop working against each other to kill it

START Giving creative ideas to help the sport grow - Stop complaining and watching it die

START Promoting the sport to everyone you know - Stop waiting for the fans to "just come by"

Eric Hoes (THR Fan)

I believe the majority of ARTS teams, including the top teams, will stick with the series...Orange, I told Jon last week he could count on me...I cringed a little when I read this thread, but went ahead and put my number down...everything you said is on the money...and while I agree with the sentiment, we should ratchet down the emotion.

We are all loyal to Jon T and his crew for all they have done for us and we aren't going to stick a knife in his back...I would wonder about anyone who would think that they could wave a little money around and expect you to sell out people who had been supporting you...Then anyone that whores out, how could he ever count on them?

There is no reason at all that this should become a devisive issue...what kind of foolishness is going on when we have to pick sides? Mr. Dickerson wants a truck series to run with the top class in the state...I'm guessing most all of the Truck drivers would like to race with the ROMCO show...

Let's flip this around to a positive tack...This is an opportunity for everyone...Guys, work it out in the best interests of the fans and teams!!! There should be someway to make it work for ARTS and ROMCO, for Jon & Terry.

Again.. S.T.A.R.T.. is a partnership open to all.. I would love to see mr. Dickerson join us on 12/14 so he can express to the group his view of why the Trucks and Romco will make a better show.. and what is long range plan is... I will try to contact him and extend and invitation to him this evening..

Aaron

That's nice A-train, but promoters are signing deals with the tracks now...the die will be cast...I think Dickerson is already having that meeting this Sunday at the events center...

This will end up like it has in the past. Two or three groups arguing and not getting anything accomplished. This will not help asphalt racing in Texas.

--------------------

"The Shrimp"

Steve Grantz

#91 R.T.R. Racing

Jon Garrett has done a TON to save the trucks in Texas. I don't think words can express how hard he has worked at keeping them around and actually building up the count! The problem is egos. That is what tends to kill all the good racing. The fact is ROMCO is the premier racing series in Texas. It draws the most fans and most attention. TAMS also draws a large number of fans but it is right behind ROMCO. In a PM I received it seems as if a couple people involved with the trucks dislike Mr. Dickerson and think he is bad for asphalt racing. Well when you start seeing the ROMCO series being promoted like never before and big things start happening you will wake up and smell the roses. I have heard there are guys who live right next to Lone Star that will drive 2-3 hrs just not to drive at his track. Then I also have heard that he has always paid the purses. He has helped make Lone Star Speedway one of the premier dirt tracks around. He has brought in the BIG series and even promoted some races at the TMS dirt track. Personal grudges and jealousy need to be put aside if we want racing to succeed. I understand the loyalty you guys have for Jon but I think he could take the trucks even further with the help of Mr. Dickerson. Lets work together and not against each other. This ISN'T CART VS. IRL.

Jason

Ok.. question.. can a ARTS truck be converted to a super Truck.. and is so what and How much $$ will it cost.. To be competitive of course..

Also i am sure that the meeting on Sunday is and open meeting for anyone interested in the series.. and i think in my return trip for SA i may just attend... get it from the horse..

that does make more sense...........but i thought the start of thread said it was a rumor that he was trying to start a truck series...........doesn't make much sense to get all worked up over a rumor.........kinda like everybody was getting all worked up about the new modified series..........instead of trying to work together everybody gets pissed and starts drawing lines in the sand..........seems like more exposure would mean more payoff for the teams and sponsors...................jmo

i'm pretty sure that all of the trucks with TRC on them will remain with ARTS...

don't want to speak for other people-but i know for damn sure the 28 is sticking with garret & ARTS....

Archived