ARTS LOYALTY!

Chevy Orange

Iv'e got a question. Why in the world woul Mr Dickerson want to try to

monopilize racing in Texas? This is what it seems to be happinig at this point.

Jon Garrett and his staff have worked very hard the last year and a half to get ARTS back to what it is right now. So why does this guy think he needs to try to run another truck deal?

I'm thinking, maybe shouldn't be, but here i go. Mr DICKerson why don't you try to think before you leap. ARTS is a great sieries, why would you want to TRY to f-it up. We have ran with ROMCO in the past with no problems. Why dont you get off your deep pocket high horse and work with Jon to be your support class. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO OWN IT FOR IT TO WORK!!!!!!Racing cost alot of money. WHERE do you think your going to get 16-20 truck's at the drop of a hat? We have them already what a deal!

ALL of us in ARTS would be proud to be a support class for ROMCO! But not with a guy that would try to mess up something that Jon has worked very hard to revive! By the way Mr Dickerson are you going to extend credit to your driver's for parts,intry fees,ect. I think not. It sound's like its all about the money for you!

WE DO NOT NEED TWO TRUCK SIERIES IN TEXAS. WAKE UP DUDE SMELL THE RUBBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this makes anybody mad, but its the way I feel about this crap!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys,

Correct me if I'm wrong... Hasn't The Super Truck Series been around for a while... If I'm correct several of our ARTS Trucks went to one of The Super Truck races on the way back from our Altus race... Seems like two years back...(Not to get off the subject)

In all of my talking to Jon Garrett, he has always seemed opened to talking to people about sponsoring ARTS... Jon seems to have a very good grip on ARTS and again has done a knock out job this thing... ARTS basically went BELLY UP and several people took off with the respected regions... The concept of ARTS is a great one, Jon and the other people who run the different regions just need more support from the drivers... I said early, I'm one of the ones who needs to try alot harder next year to do my part of being at the races...

Sorry to be repitious, but I'm sticking with ARTS... I just need more time and a few sponsors wouldn't hurt either...

Also, anyone who is interested in ARTS needs to contact Jon... There are several GREAT trucks For Sale that could run towards the front...

I'm starting to sound like a salesman... ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

yall are being ridiculous. Especailly GUNDOG.

All you know are the RUMORS that have gone around. Wait until after the meeting to talk bad about this subject.

You dont even know what Mr. Dickerson has planned, how can u say hes going to monopilize texas racing?

From what it sounds to me is that hes doing something good. Having three series under one organization. I dont see how that would hurt any part of racing around here. Look at other organizations with more than one series. ARCA,Southern All-Stars,ASA(was a good series).

Give the guy a chance and quit criticising what he is doing....atleast until you know what is actually going on.

I guess I've got about as much at stake in this as Jason or a couple of other people. That being said, If the guy wants to come in and start another series, well it' will either work or it won't. I don't know any of the people who have these series' but even if you accept the premise that there are aleady too many series' (which I don't) and we don't need more, then why does an expert like Jason get to decide that the ones in place right now are the ones to stay. For tracks and promoters (successful ones anyway) this is business. If he thinks he's got a good business idea let him try it. If it works and you get 2 series out of it- Great, If an other series dies because of it, well then the stronger concept won. If the existing series remains and the new series goes belly up, Well I guess he had the wrong idea. To listen to some of you guys, you'd think that racing was welfare and everyone's entitled to it.

Rookie49,

The reason we don't need anymore series is because our local tracks are hurting on car counts. You start another series where are the drivers going to be coming from? The Limited Modifieds would be perfect if Johnny was focusing on getting dirt guys. But I see him at THR, SAS, and CCMS trying to sell his idea to asphalt guys. We need new blood not blood even thinner than it is now. I agree with Kevin. Listen to what Dickerson has to offer before you burn bridges. He might surprise some of you.

Hey gang..

Terry's gonna be on Sunday's show. Feel free to email me any question (as Jason and Reb did last week) and I'll ask him on the air.

Send your questions to mzone1300@hotmail.com

Look at other organizations with more than one series. ARCA,Southern All-Stars,ASA(was a good series).

exactly the point (was)....he's not thinking about trying,and it's not up for debate with mr.dickerson...

it's not rumored, it's fact , he will attempt to have his own start up truck series....

the only problem with either working or not- it's splitting hairs,weather his series last or not it will have an effect on the ARTS series...it just dosent seem like the right point in time to try and test the waters with low car counts at every track and series....

My point wasn't that the drivers should not do what they think is right. Or the tracks. What I'm saying is that if he (or anybody for that matter) decides they want to start a series let em. If it works then fans are getting races to see, drivers are getting a place to race, and tracks are having races. Sounds like that is what everybody wants. If it fails then his concept was wrong. If his works and it causes another one to fail, then why would you think the more successful one is the one that doesn't belong. Everybody keeps throwing out the "WE" word. Well the driver's "we" is different than the fan's and the track's. Driver's have more at stake than a fan and track's have more at stake than individual drivers but less than drivers as a group. And a bunch of fans jumping up and down and deciding who has the right to make those changes and who doesn't is hilarious. Let the promoters, tracks, and drivers run their business, fans should give input, but remember its just input, we have nothing at stake.

Guest RobCarter88

The ARTS truck put on a good show and have a decent truck count. The fact remains, there are not many fans that would show up to a ARTS/Street Stock race. The ARTS and street stock are basically the same race vehicle. Maybe its time some of the ARTS guys step up to a Race type (Super Truck) vehicle. If that is what the fans want to see, that is what will work. Being loyal to arts is great, but if this new deal works, it will be racing in front of fans instead of empty seats. If you guys want a wake up call, put on a ARTS race only and see how many fans show up. That is not a backhand to drivers, crews or tracks, that just shows there is not market for that type of racing here. (Other than CC Speedway) "NATIONAL SERIES" or not, its time for a change.

The ARTS truck put on a good show and have a decent truck count.  The fact remains, there are not many fans that would show up to a ARTS/Street Stock race.  The ARTS and street stock are basically the same race vehicle.  Maybe its time some of the ARTS guys step up to a Race type (Super Truck) vehicle.  If that is what the fans want to see, that is what will work.  Being loyal to arts is great, but if this new deal works, it will be racing in front of fans instead of empty seats.   If you guys want a wake up call, put on a ARTS race only and see how many fans show up.  That is not a backhand to drivers, crews or tracks, that just shows there is not market for that type of racing here.  (Other than CC Speedway)  "NATIONAL SERIES" or not,  its time for a change.

Rob,

I'll take your quote one step farther... Take ANY racing series that runs at CC, SAS, THR or even I-37... Now put on a one series race and see how many people show up... ROMCO is THE ONLY SERIES I can think of where you would pull in a good crowd...

All,

The point to this thread was and is how many ARTS people are going to be running(loyal) next year... There is another thread on here that asked Who from SAS Sportman will be back next year? These are just question of intent to run... If people want to run with Mr Dickerson, then let them run... If people come and run with the ARTS truck then let then run... If Garrett and Dickerson get together and do a joint deal(hint hint) then great as well...

Again, I myself am running ARTS(driving), spotting for an SAS Sportman car and also spotting for an SAS Latemodel... I'll be happy doing it because I love racing... Oh possibily spotting on a Busch Team... My point is we all have plans for 2005, lets wait and see where we really are come March...

One last thing, I wont speak for Jon Garrett; but I'd almost bet if some $$$ came his way he might sell and go back to doing what he loves... We all would....

The ARTS and street stock are basically the same race vehicle. Maybe its time some of the ARTS guys step up to a Race type (Super Truck) vehicle.

glad to see you know what best for other individuals-are you as generous with your wallet as you are with your opinion???i think most people are doing all they can effort or else they would be trying to "step up"....

johnny-the loyalty issue....he is calling drivers and trying to get them and their trucks, and if he can't get them ,he wants their trucks ......same rules,same configurations,just no pescky little thing like someone else's affiliations to deal with........there is no super truck series evolving rob....call it what you want, but trust me when i tell you - it's not a rumor...

ps-rob, i've been looking for sponsors on my tsrs.i'm ready to "step up" if you are....

The ARTS and street stock are basically the same race vehicle.  Maybe its time some of the ARTS guys step up to a Race type (Super Truck) vehicle.

glad to see you know what best for other individuals-are you as generous with your wallet as you are with your opinion???i think most people are doing all they can effort or else they would be trying to "step up"....

johnny-the loyalty issue....he is calling drivers and trying to get them and their trucks, and if he can't get them ,he wants their trucks ......same rules,same configurations,just no pescky little thing like someone else's affiliations to deal with........there is no super truck series evolving rob....call it what you want, but trust me when i tell you - it's not a rumor...

ps-rob, i've been looking for sponsors on my tsrs.i'm ready to "step up" if you are....

Since I'm out of the loop on this, can you give me a little more insite as to who is calling whom... Are you saying he (Dickerson) is calling people? And am I understanding you correctly that he is offering to buy our trucks?

Sorry I'm not trying to read into what your saying, just not sure I understand...

Guest RobCarter88

Bubba the billboard salesman has a billboard on old hwy 90 that 500 cars see each day. Slick Rick has one on IH 10 that has 3000 cars each day that see his. So I ask Bubba, why dont you build a billboard on IH 10? He says, " I aint gonna do it because I am loyal to the people on hwy 90 that I lease my space from". So I say, ok Bubba, it was nice doing business with you, but times have changed. I will be with Slick Rick getting more advertising for the dollar.

I am retired, so I dont advertise anymore, but that is the situation. Old hwy 90 was good in its day and will probably survive, but noone hardly notices it.

Why advertise/sponsor a truck that will have 500 fans (hwy90) when I could advertise on one with 3000 fans (IH10).

One last thing, I wont speak for Jon Garrett; but I'd almost bet if some $$$ came his way he might sell and go back to doing what he loves... We all would....

I think you already lost your bet.

At the ARTS banquet on November 20th, Mr. Garrett addressed this very issue. He stated that he had been offered a significant amount of money to sell the series to Mr. Dickerson and had turned it down. A standing ovation followed. And I think we are seeing a great deal of support from current ARTS teams for Mr. Garrett's decision in this thread and in other threads.

I may be wrong, RobCarter88, but I believe that there are people in racing whose principles and sense of loyalty rise above their pursuit of money or their quest for personal satisfaction.

I recognize, however, that I'm an old fart with old fart values and may be way out of touch with the integrity of racers these days. If so, I'll just sit down and shut up.

Nick Holt

Nick,

As I mentioned early on in the thread, I wasn't at the Banquet and I've been out of the loop as far as whats been going on with ARTS... I did make a call after the above post I made and got the return call about an hour ago... The gentleman I spoke with was at the Banquet, he relayed the same thing you just stated... That being that Jon Garrett has said it public that he has no intention of selling ARTS(Lonestar Region)... So I stand corrected in saying that for the right $$$ he would sell...

As far as Loyalty, as I mentioned earlier our truck will be in for 2005 with ARTS... I understand that Mr. Dickerson is offering more money for pursues and such, but Jon has proven to Us that he is trying to make this Dog Hunt...

This is a question from a novice, so please (nicely) help me with this; Would there be a way that the two truck series could run opposite weekends so that people could run both if indeed the set ups are the exact same? If they do run the same weekend, maybe they could be the weekends when ROMCO/?? series goes to its out-of-state tracks (if it does). Or, at least try and schedule it so that if both series HAVE TO run the same night, one runs in CC while the other runs SAS/THR? I'm guessing there's enough guys that run ARTS from Austin/SA, that they would hang out around town and not make the long drive and vice-versa for CC. But, for the most part, TRY to run opposite weekends, or out-of-state? Like I said, just a novice here, but a true question. This would allow guys, who so desire, to run both and also not conflict. From a tracks point of view it would also guarentee a trucks race at least every-third weekend.

Edit: If I'm seeing correctly, last year ARTS had 14 scheduled races, ROMCO had 15. If you exclueds TMS (2) and HMS (2) that leaves 11 races with ROMCO. THR (one track), had 25 scheduled races. What do you know, that's 25 sheduled races between ARTS and ??? series. Even if you include TMS/HMS, that's only 4 conflicting weekends. Could this work if they/we work together instead of apart?

Shawn,

Believe it or not, I agree with you and RC88. One of the many aspects of this particular business deal is loyalty of drivers. Just one comment about Nick's loyalty comment.

This is not directed at any promoter in particular be they series or track, because I don't know any of them.

If fans or drivers stick to a track, series, class, whatever- out of blind loyalty with no consideration as to whether it is headed in the right direction or is a viable entity, then they deserve to have nothing or nowhere to race when that entity fails.

Keep in mind that every point that I have made could be used to defend ARTS for example, as easily as someone could take it as an attack.

All of this being said- I hope to see ARTS grow and improve. I enjoyed seeing them at a couple of tracks this past year and I find the truck races to be among the most entertaining.

I have heard from several folks on this subject. I appreciate the Email, but really folks, the forum is the place to share your views.

What I am hearing is that Mr. Dickerson will come out the clear winner if he decides to compete head-to-head with ARTS. The reasons?

1) ARTS will not be able to compete with the purse structure.

2) Most teams will want to compete before the large crowds that the Super Late Models draw.

3) The ARTS ownership should have sold when they had the chance.

I will be interesting to hear what Mr. Dickerson has to say at the meeting on Sunday and even more interesting to see how things shake out next season.

Nick Holt

RC88,

Old Hwy 90 vs IH-10

so what if that billboard on 90 only gets 500 views vs 3000 on IH-10

remember you will be charged based on traffic. 3000=$$$, 500=$

So, with the billboard that ONLY 500 people see-50 people are loyal to the product advertised.

What will your ROI be by advertising on IH-10? just because the traffic volumn is higher does not mean your sales are going to follow suit.

DEMOGRAPHICS!!!! sometimes the old way is the best way---slow BUT proven.

just a thought (to your comment on the turnout if only the ARTS series was racing)

would it be any different say if ROMCO was the only race that night. (same race format) my point is, all series, classes, tracks work well together in putting on a great show every Sat night with 3,4 or more series or classes running.

If I read this right... ROMCO(?)+trucks(super trucks)=next best thing since cream cheese...maybe to you...to me its just another traveling road show.

(the circus comes to town 1 time a year..why?)

I am not knocking ROMCO or a truck series (Super Truck), what I am saying is you seem to think ROMCO needs a partner other than ARTS (truck series)

to bring in the large crowds. I disagree..I believe what we have is great...there is always room for improvement.

Sometimes the answer is not bringing in something new, but just working to improve what you already have.

TomH

3) The ARTS ownership should have sold when they had the chance.

Wow!!!!!!! It amazes me as to how people can say something like this! I'm assuming you mean when the main office was in Arizona and before they went bankrupt...

These guys that are running the different regions are doing a knock out job... ARTS was history when Jon Garrett and the other guys in the regions defibulated this thing back to life... Jon and these other guys may not have the money that Mr. Dickerson has, but they didn't give up when it went belly up...

KISS_Racing,

I'm assuming you mean when the main office was in Arizona and before they went bankrupt...

The person who emailed me made it clear that he thought Mr. Garrett should have sold the LoneStar ARTS series to Mr. Dickerson, not, as you suggest, the main office...

Nick Holt

Guest RobCarter88

Nick, I believe for the better of Racing, Arts should have accepted Dickersons compensation to join the SLM series. He kept the series in the persuit of personal satisfaction and money. Where do those guys buy their parts and trucks? There is nothing wrong with that. Why accuse Dickerson of any thing other than being helpful to the racing situation here in Texas. You have to respect him for offering compenstion instead of just competing with them head to head. It takes fans in the stands.

Direct Flow, What if 25% of the people on I 10 bought your product? You have stayed in business instead of closing down. It does not cost any more to race with the SLM than it does to race without them. I now see it will not be a super truck. That is even more reason to join them. Business 101.

Do people still plow their fields with a mule because they love him?

Hell no, they buy a tractor. However, there is nothing wrong with keeping your mule and farming 1 acre. To each his own.

KISS_Racing,

I'm assuming you mean when the main office was in Arizona and before they went bankrupt...

The person who emailed me made it clear that he thought Mr. Garrett should have sold the LoneStar ARTS series to Mr. Dickerson, not, as you suggest, the main office...

Nick Holt

Hey Nick,

Twice in one week... I'm slipping!!!! I didn't read what you typed, you were quoting someone off an email... Instead I thought you were saying it... Sorry!

I think that depending on who your talking with, your going to get different stories... The ARTS & Mr. Dickerson deal... The Mary Ann & THR deal... The Mary Ann & SAS deal...

I plan on calling Jon Garrett tomorrow to get his side.... I'm interested in learning if there was an offer to join in with them or if it was a purchase only deal...

Archived