ARTS LOYALTY!

Chevy Orange

We have TSRS and ROMCO(?), which are two very strong and great classes. Why is it y'all don't feel there might be a way we could end up with two strong truck Series? ARTS is now and will be a strong series which is awsome to watch, but who's to say the new series won't attract a whole new set of drivers we haven't even met yet? That would/could just give us two great truck series to watch. Instead of looking at the negative of this situation, try to look at the positive.

Are all of you loyal to ARTS? Apparently very much so.

Will many of you be leaving ARTS? Apparently not at this time.

Can someone come along and try their best to give us another great racing series? DEFINTELY!

As I said, all of you may stay with ARTS and keep it just as strong as it has been and will be, but that's not to say new people can't come along who enjoy a new truck series. Heck, look at the DWARF car series, aren't there like 800 different DWARF car associations? :D

So stop working against each other to kill the sport we love, START Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together.

Stop complaining about the sport we love, START giving creative ideas to help the sport grow.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason, let's suppose for a minute we were to have a ROMCO level truck series in TX. Let's also say this truck series could, over time, produce the crowd turn out ROMCO has produced (I stressed could). If I'm not mistaken, these large crowd turn outs mean more $$ into the track. So, if we could have this level of turn out say once a month instead of 1 every other, or every 2nd month, wouldn't there be a possibility of the purses going up for even the local classes on those weekends? If the local purses started going up, wouldn't the driver count possibly go up as well?

So, what you're telling me from your above statement is that ROMCO and ARTS and TSRS and TAMS and TPS and... have LOWERED the driver counts? The only class I think MIGHT have lowered the driver count was TSRS because it uses the regular LM's (at least from THR). Other than that, ROMCO drivers, drive ROMCO because they have the $$ and sponsorship to play with the "big toys".

If they were talking about making a traveling Street Stock Series or Hobbie Stock Series, I could see the concern. But, this would be a whole new series, which if it did well, would just help bring in NEW drivers and NEW fans that we didn't have before.

Apparently the ARTS drivers are pretty firm that they won't be leaving ARTS. And I don't think the local drivers will be joining this new series either, or they would have with ARTS.

So, once again, why look at the negative instead of trying to think of the positive? This is an ENTIRELY new class they're talking about. If the ARTS drivers won't join in, then maybe new people bringing new fans and new $$ will.

Plus, just like UPS said, I wouldn't get my feathers in a fluff until we see these other trucks on the track.

Just my $.92

go to www.dwarfcarracing.com and see how its going-a war every year-only tdca stays the same and strong-they change very little-others groups change every year-spend up to 10g's or more on motors and that or more on a roller-call em modlites-alot of cars for sale around the country cause everybody wants to do there own thing-whats legal one place aint legal another place-got dwarfs trying to race with modlites-modlites blow away dwarfs-dwarfs quit showing up cause they know they arent going to win-car counts drop everywhere-tracks drop em cause they cant get a field-they shot themselves in the foot-and now they paying the price-promoters have been stabbing em too-not paying whats advertised-so yes they're may be 800 association but its killing em-nobody knows whats going on-in there case they got alot of indians but no cheif -no leader-not like the old days -will say though -a modlite with a zx12 on alky with hoosiers is plenty fast

This topic just won't die... It has been discussed in several prior threads about a year ago and the issues are still very much with us.

But, just for a change, let's look at it from a different point of view. Let's say suddenly all the touring series except ROMCO suddenly folded. Where would those drivers go? I imagine some would go back to the local tracks even though they may not run every week. Let's say there are 200 touring series drivers out there right now. Would you say that half of them might try running a weekly program at a local track?

I have no answers to the above questions.. Just trying to get a different perspective to this whole issue.

But any way you look at it, if the local tracks fail, it doesn't matter if there are touring series or not. And it has been time and time again that local tracks cannot survive just on a few "special" shows a season. At least it hasn't worked anywhere else in the country for more than a season or two.

Nick Holt

There are to many series already. We don't need anymore. Enough said. To many what if's. There only needs to be a super late model series, a truck series, and a modified series. Everyone else already has a place to race with local tracks. A civil war between truck series is not a good thing. We don't need it. Oh and those of you who have this "You don't race so your opinion relly doesn't matter much anyway. " way of thinking need to realize who is paying the purse. A track run right the purse is not paid by the backgate. You know who you are. In fact that is an exact quote I got from someone.

Jason

But, just for a change, let's look at it from a different point of view. Let's say suddenly all the touring series except ROMCO suddenly folded. Where would those drivers go? I imagine some would go back to the local tracks even though they may not run every week. Let's say there are 200 touring series drivers out there right now. Would you say that half of them might try running a weekly program at a local track?

Very good way of flipping the coin.

A track run right the purse is not paid by the backgate.

Jason

Another valid point as well.

As I have stated before, I'm still a noob to "behind the scenes" of racing, so I still have the "what if" syndrom, it just takes some good points to clearify for me :)

Hey, not a problem. That's what the forum is for. Gives everyone a chance to express their point of view. I learn something new about racing every day.

Some of the issues like touring series verses local tracks, legal verses illegal traction control, all-involved verses judgement calls, etc. just seem to recur every few months. I bet if you went back through the past couple of years of posts (might take a while.. ) you would find we covered the touring series verses local track discussion in detail..

Nick Holt

the 42 team is staying with ARTS. why change. we think that with only two race in the series, ARTS is the best in the nation. Three national champ have came out of this series in the past four years so why mess up the best in the nation

Sell it and get something else.

That is an interesting comment for someone that does not have a racecar. So, you are saying that there only needs to be 3 touring series. Where does that leave the TPS and Legacy series? Their car count can and has been as high as ARTS or ROMCO from time to time. Just because you are not a fan of a particular series doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a place for them to race.

lol

The legacies and dwarfs are both respectible touring series. There really isn't a way to say this without pissing anyone off but I don't think they bring in the fan count like some of the other touring series. Not saying they are subpar, require less work, or anything like that just don't think they are to the level of the other series. TPS I have mixed feelings about. On one end I think they would be better as a local class. CCMS has a local class with close to the same rules and a few races last season had 20 cars. Only problem is SAS and THR don't have this type of class. If SAS and THR both had struggling mini stock classes I would say TPS doesn't belong but until those tracks form a class for these cars that series belongs to. Now if we had 20-25+ cars in every class at THR, CC, and SAS in every weekend and each touring series had 20-25 cars for every race we wouldn't be having this discussion. The limited modifieds are cool. I think they could be a local class of car at each of the three tracks. Just need to bring in dirt racers to fill those spots instead of thinning out the fields even more.

Can we please stick with subject of this thread. It was primarily started to get input from the ARTS drivers to see if they are going to stay with the ARTS series or not. It didn't have anything to do with any other series.Seems that some people who have no racing experience whatsoever seem to know how everyone should run their series and how many touring series that there should be in Texas. Personally, I think the only people that should have a say in this discussion are the ARTS drivers and teams.

Anyways. Back to what I was getting at. Take ROMCO, TAMS, and ARTS. Put them under one sanction. Run them all the same weekend for every race. This makes it so when the show comes to town it REALLY comes to town. Each track gets 3-4 dates and its on from there. This leaves an emphasis on local classes and also makes it so the Texas Tornado Tour with all 3 series is the biggest baddest thing out there. Then the tracks can plan special events with their local classes similar to the races near the end of the season. Just using logic and reason. :D

Andy,

If you try real hard and read this thread you will see I was originally talking about unity in the trucks rather than drawing lines and saying pick one or the other. I was merely responding to someones post and thats how this got off topic. Making subliminal comments towards me and sending me rude PM's is not going to get you anywhere or get anything done.

Jason

ARTS ARTS ARTS...

That being said; Jon, His dad and the guys with Rosecity Racing have done one HELL of a job... Also ALL the other ARTS folks...

If people like me could come up with more time I could make a few more races... Sorry I missed TMS and The Banquet...

Tell Keith to call me, we'll sit down and have a few...

Anyways.  Back to what I was getting at.  Take ROMCO, TAMS, and ARTS.  Put them under one sanction.  Run them all the same weekend for every race.  This makes it so when the show comes to town it REALLY comes to town.  Each track gets 3-4 dates and its on from there.  This leaves an emphasis on local classes and also makes it so the Texas Tornado Tour with all 3 series is the biggest baddest thing out there.  Then the tracks can plan special events with their local classes similar to the races near the end of the season.  Just using logic and reason.   :D

Jason has a good point... My only issue is I want to stick with ARTS/Jon Garrett... If ALL three series could work out the details then great, kind of like Octoberfast and the opening ROMCO race... I know our series(ARTS) could use some publicity, Jon has said that any help is welcome...

Again I think Jon/ARTS is doing a great job of keeping(typo) this thing a float... Look at the car count with the SAS Latemodels, it's down as well...

Crewchief Truck #21, we are with you guys... Lets give this thing another year or so, our plans are to start tearing the truck down this weekend...

You'll have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Archived