Track Promoter

Abel64

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a new class? You guys can keep your 4 car class and race tires. Call it Hobby. G60's and model it around the Shootout rules. There are metal body cars sitting around that can run this class. Yall stay happy with your follow the leader racing and also get to grow a class that will bring exciting racing back to CC Speedway. Everyone wins! Bam! Genious! LOL.... If the track opens...

That is what we are trying to do mini. Greg may have stumbled across something.The 4 cars can keep their slicks and become late models.Do the Street Stock Shootout rules and G-60's class and look out.I would love to see what Jones ,Danielson Schlott etc would do at CCS. Yes , I am a diehard dirt fan now but was raised on 40 years of CCS.Most of us were.The track is special.But Dan can't survive with classes with 5 cars in them.I still think both tracks can survive.But face it the cars are at the dirt tracks and it is no different at CTS either with CBS in the area.CTS went to an 8 race season which seems weak to me. Would CCS survive with an 8 race schedule?I doubt it.I've seen 3 dirt guys say there would run CCS on G-60s.Heck that is doubling your field! If CCS closes what are you guys going to do?You really only have three choices . One is good , one is not exciting and the other one is bad.CCS needs cars and they have to change to get them.Can't go on with 25 cars in the pits and 1/2 of them in one class on race night.

G60s would be great. What good are slicks against 4 cars.... plus we wouldn't even be in this situation if the racers of Corpus Christi would have worked together. Now we are in jeopardy of losing another track. The oldest operational asphalt track in Texas. Oh well.

Cody, I think you get what Im saying.

20 cars had complete control of their cars on street tires. And there was good racing. Tore up about as much as got tore up this year with 4 or 5 cars...

SA is gone...hope not CC. Better change now or you ain't gonna have a choice but to run g60's....ON DIRT

Interesting.

My brother Donny and I are building a metric car currently. We have hopes for running asphalt in CC.

I'd hate to throw my 2 cents in considering we have not been around for a while, but then again why else respond.

It's mostly been said already......So

I like what Greg is saying.

I like what Bobby is saying.

Thanks All

Just want to add of course all CCS cars are inmvited to enter the shootout at your neighbors.I think the Super Streets are the Street stocks,Bombers like the Pure Stocks Frontrunners to the Sport Compacts and the Sport Mods are the same everywhere.Im not sure about everyones rules but Sport Compacts are inviting any and all 4 cyl or eco stock 6 cyl cars without any changes needed.Great oppourtunity to blend.No politics,just racing.Hope to see you all there.

Well there was 20+ street stocks at sas for every race this year. If everyone would get off the computer and start working on y'all's cars maybe we would have cars on the track. Quit crying. The tires are Hoosier slicks.

Matt you bought a car that wasn't legal to race at CCS and then say people are crying ! Everyone needs to support their local tracks or don't complain when they shut down. It gets old hearing BS from people who sit in the stands , drink and talk crap instead of racing and helping solve a problem not be part of it ! JMO

Has there been a drivers meeting scheduled yet?

no arob not yet...I've been calling Dan and haven't been able to reach him yet ill try again after thanksgiving...and I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving

i bet there will not be any mention of a rules meeting till there is an answer from dan on the track reopening . and so far there has been no statement from dan ...either way ....and untill then . just keep on trying to figure out what this class needs .come to an agreement on something that will help .if the track opens yea will be ahead of the game .

How about this idea......, adopt the Shoot out rules, current super streets become limited latemodels, get together with Owen and come up with a schedule that doesn't conflict with either track, and the on top of each tracks season championships, have a combined champion crowned from the pool of drivers that regularly both tracks during the season.

you've got 2 tracks right now running on the same nights trying to pull competitors and fans from the same pool and that just doesn't make any sense. I would go as far as move CCS to Friday nights, to make it easier to run both tracks. We ran both asphalt and dirt with the same car car in 92 in AZ, the tracks ran on opposite weekends so we were racing every week. It took about 2 hours to switch the car over from one to the other and damn near won the championship at both tracks, it can be done!

I like going to races at both tracks, and would like to continue doing so, I would hate for a track with as much history as CCS shut down.

Steve

Agree CCS can not run the same night as STS.Agree is the current SS's keep their slicks the become LLM's.Agree with using Shoot out rules. Don't agree with CCS running on Friday.To be blunt CCS has to work with or work around STS.There really is no competition between the two.CCS cannot compete head to head with STS.And that is everywhere as dirt racing has pretty much taken over.If CBS gets going good CTS will be history soon.That being said I still think Corpus is in a good position to run two tracks. I know this will never happen but for that to be done right the same guy will have to promote both tracks.But think about how awesome that would be. CCS was rockin a few years back.STS is rockin now.Could be combined point systems and point funds.Could be a lot of new things where racers and fans both would be the winners.It would take a special promoter to pull that off and I think there is one here.But I'm not sure he is crazy enough to make this crazy dream come true.

I don't think no one know what a LLM is unless you had one , what to do to a SS to get to a LLM ,much , much change to a SS ,cuz I did it before ,and still own A LLM,,, just because you put slicks on a SS becomes a LLM ,I don't think so.. the SS 3400 lbs with max penalties ,, LLM right how about 2600 to 2800 lbs Max. So the street stocks that run at STS if you put slicks on them they become a LLM ??

Archived