To the drivers, crews, family, friends, fans, staff, officials, and al

Sunday was spent sleeping off a sore throat, going to the war zone for a few hours (CTS) lol, spending time with my wife and pets, eating out at Din Ho...best Chinese food in the USA, and going to bed early. Today, we cleaned up CTS and she's ready for business (65mph go karts open to the public to rent). And now, I can finally write what I've been thinking about for the past 48 hours.

First, to the staff who worked long, hard hours getting the facility ready AND running our daily business AND working on their days off...y'all are amazing and I am proud of the job you did for the drivers and fans. Everyone pitched in wherever needed and worked as a TEAM. Thank you so much for your efforts and caring about the quality of your work. GREAT JOB!!

Second, to the drivers far and wide who came to CTS after a downpour the night before not even knowing if we would race with dark clouds looming overhead most of the morning. Thank you for spending your hard earned money, thank you for waking kids up early, thank you for getting dirty, thank you for being understanding, thank you for speaking out, thank you for supporting, thank you for organizing, thank you for bringing your pride and joy to the track and putting on one heck of a show. Special thanks to Cody and Rodney for getting much needed car counts to the track. And, of course, all your crew, family, and friends.

Third, thank you to all the officials, Nick Holt (prayers), Dani Flowers (National Anthem), Amvets, and all the sponsors of the track. Everything you did reflected our values and integrity at CTS. I am humbled.

And, to the fans who showed up in droves...all 2,050 by 7pm...and they kept coming and coming. Nothing better than seeing packed stands to match the packed pits. WOW!

I hope that you enjoyed your time at CTS and we met your expectations. We would certainly appreciate your return to the track on August 24th, September 21, and November 16. The racing was nothing short of fantastic. It was my pleasure to meet a lot of new faces and sorry to those of you I didn't get a chance to meet...next race. Of course, always nice to talk to those of you who have been able to make it all season. The only thing left is to find out where we can improve and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Please leave your suggestions here and kindly allow me a few days to respond (many of you know why I'm on tape delay-lol). Again, we thank you for a great raceday and a great season at CTS!!! Good night!

PS-I apologize in advance if I forgot someone. :)

Jim as racers and future racers we need to thank you for keeping the gates open and giving us a place to race with no questions asked and kept promises..my hats off to you and everyone involved with CTS for helping keep asphalt racing alive in Texas!

I have one small complaint...I had to park my truck, trailer & race car outside the pits. I will gladly do it again if there is another event like the one we had this weekend ! I had a blast racing with 22 cars in my class. Thanks Jim and CTS for the hard work. It just keeps getting better.

I enjoyed the heck out of it.

You guys kept the lights on a few minutes longer for us friday night so we could fix my car to make the show. Its a little thing but they add up. Thanks!!!

Gotta love it when the track may be forced to seek more pit space to accommodate all the cars! Nice problem to have.

Mickey.... you just need to show up earlier! LOL

Nick

I DID NOT GET THE MAKE IT ..MY SON DID AND ENJOYED HIMSELF ....IT IS GREAT TO SEE SOMEONE TAKE ON SUCH A TASK SUCH AS JIM AND STAFF .WORK HARD SPEND WHAT IT TAKES TO PUT ON A SHOW .TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN TO DRIVERS AND TEAMS AND CHANGE THINGS IN ORDER TO PULL EM IN ......AT FIRST MOST THOUGHT THE TRACK WOULD BE A CARNIVAL AND CIRCUS SHOW ..RACING WOULD BE JUST A SIDE SHOW ..TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT VENTURE AS FOR RACING ............WELL ITS NICE TO BE PROVED WRONG . ....

HOUSTON ..CC .SAS .KYLE ....BLACK TOP RACING IS STILL ALIVE ..ALL FOUR TRACKS ARE WORKING HARD TO KEEP RACING ALIVE ..SUPPORT ALL ....

Archived