To all Arts drivers

GUNAR

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy And whoever else, we dont care it is just an "open invitation," If your there thats fine, if your not thats fine. It has nothing to do with arts in any form or fashion. Not one freakin thing, this whole thing has been blown out of porportion, and people wearing there feelings on there sleeve need to get a life. and if these comments piss you off so be it, Generally Im pretty easy going and will just about do anything for anybody,but at this point and time I do not give a rats a. Matthew Howell

Not picking sides. I appreciate all Jon T Garrett does so we can race. If Matt can help create opportunities for trucks to race at other events great. I hope everyone supports our base ARTS series first and foremost. Matt, how about $20,000 that Colt finishes in front of the Champ. Colt in a truck, Justin in his car? Now that would be funny.

Greg C and anyone else this may apply to.

Justin can post a fast time of 21.40 in sportsman and the fast trucks can go even faster qualifying. But we are only talking about 3,4 or so cars here.

The AVERAGE race lap time for the average sportsman, i am guessing is about 22.75. Where will that place the majority of the field? Will other cars show up if there isn't a snowballs chance in hell they will be in the money? Or will other cars decide not to bother because they can't run with them?

Don't know.

I had personal improvement this year in my laptimes and am way slower than Justin. Knew that all year.

I was happy with my improvement and I think that I did good. I accomplished the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year. Sure I was the one bringing up the rear more times than not. But I did it on my wallet with 1 crew member (my son) with no sponsored motors, no high dollar machine work, no help. But I didn't spend 20 grand either. Could I have? Yes. Would I have? No.

I love racing, the sights, sounds, smells, grease, rubber - everything. But I am there for other reasons and don't have a "win at all cost" mentality. Some do and that is great, I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't. Do I enjoy not winning? No. I want to win too. But you have to be willing to pay the $$$ and I can't so I won't win.

I said all that to say this. I am one of those that don't have a snowballs chance. But I plan on being there the 16th to race. I may bring up the rear. I may get laughed at by other competitors and the fans. But my son and I will give it everything we got with what we have and run it. To me that is part of racing.

So come on. Rain or shine, hell or high water, etc. Bring yourself on up here and lets play!!!!!!!!!!

See yall there.

Mark

ZOOM and COLGATE....Thats what racing is all about. No matter what position you finish on the track you are both winners in the sport. You have to race for the love of racing. Im only one person but you have my support and respect.

Hey 29LL i admit it we did suck in the truck. The gear sucked the motor was down and the truck was to loose. I hope you do come and race so the #0 car can do circles around your truck and then we will see who the dizzy one is. Oh yea thanks for calling me a champ cause that is what i worked all year to get. Have you ever won a race or nething.

from the looks of it there may only be a handful of trucks if that at the oct 16th race, one thing I can tell you for sure is that the #23 truck will be there. It might be the only one there ,but it will be there. Matthew

yes, but not in the trucks...yet...all your people said you had a bad truck...it's just you popped off about something you don't have a clue about.

I think that race would be fun...I wish I could come down and do it...Matt knows why I can't...

PS - quite a few Champs in the Truck Series...variety of tracks...better judge of skill than a single track...come race with us and see how good you really are...If you can beat Colt, Bryan, Jon, Todd and Jimmy Spillar I will be impressed...then there are about 5 or 6 more of us I don't think you can beat either...your only shot is at SAS...but that's just my opinion, come show us...don't mistake this for hostility...just a freindly challenge...see you out at the track...

October 11, 2004

SPORTSMAN Race - October 16

San Antonio Speedway strives to present a level and fair playing field for all competitors all of the time. We constantly review our rules to encourage the greatest amount of competitors to be able compete in our events.

Last week after reviewing a request to allow the AllStar Race Trucks to compete during the Sportsman OktoberFAST race on October 16, we looked at previous race results and decided based on known current data that the trucks would be fair competition vehicles.

On Saturday night we immediately noticed that the trucks were running quicker than in August. This morning we acquired the qualifying times for the August 14 event and compared them to the October 9 event and the trucks are running a lot quicker. All of this data was found on the AllStar Race Truck website.

POS Aug 14 Oct 9 Difference

#1 21.619 21.399 +0.220

#2 21.671 21.493 +0.178

#3 21.799 21.521 +0.278

#4 21.913 21.541 +0.350

#5 21.920 21.563 +0.357

#6 21.963 21.565 +0.398

#7 22.120 21.672 +0.448

#8 22.412 21.834 +0.578

#9 22.665 21.936 +0.729

#10 22.678 21.978 +0.700

AVG 22.076 21.650 +0.426

We looked at different options including the addition of weight or changes of left side percentages but felt that without a considerable amount of testing time the results would be mixed.

Regretfully, San Antonio Speedway will not allow the AllStar Race Trucks to compete on October 16, 2004.

Mike Sepich

I second that motion, I want racing to be fair and exciting for everyone. I also believe only a few trucks would have shown up, that being said how many street stocks guys would that have run off and then have only to trucks show up. So until there more time for testing this was a good decision for everyone. The #23 truck qualified at 22.4, But the second practice of the day by the arts transponder got us at 21.90s and the truck had a serious push, that was also on the same exact tires we ran at thunderhill 2weeks before. put please you street stock guys keep an open mind about this for next year thats all we ask. Matthew

Now that the trucks won't be at SAS but are ready to race...

I look forward to seeing a great ARTS truck count at Houston on the 23rd!!

In addition to the every week regulars, it was great to see Matt Howell, Jeff Rosenbeck, Pat Wiley, Mark O'Donnell, John Kelly Jr, Tim Sowell, Colt James, and others that are not there every week show up in San Antonio.

Not trying to start anything, just thought I'd mention something I have noticed and am thankful we have going for the trucks..

I've seen some winners get 3-4 races out of some tires. I've seen some winners take other racers leftovers and win with them.

ARTS isn't one of the expensive tire bill series'.

i totally diagree with the descision to run the ARTS series with the sportsman cars , i am wondering why all these tracks are changing or adjusting the rules the week before they race , i dont understand , the ARTS ran last week end , why should they run with us, the trucks run similar times to who , justin oats , he is the cream of the crop and if someone is going to catch him why a truck, id rather see a car get him , are they just worrid about filling the field or what , let the cars run their race and leave the trucks out of it !!!

Dont get me wrong no excuses here ,just stating that they could let me run the sportsman race and be very safe by the times I was turning .just wanted to get more of a chance to figure this truck out, and by the way your pole sitter had 4 fresh tires, I dont care what yall say it does make a difference at least 2 tenths. and gundog how many races have yall one. Dont get wrong I am not taking anything away from robert, just trying to be factual. umscheid, tell you what did not get to make 2 laps during tha main event, just like it is "setupwise"how about you come show me how its done. I heard your pretty good.

Archived