To all Arts drivers

GUNAR

i have to agree with gunar, 4 freshies at sas in a arts truck is alot. matt was on old tires and probally wold of picked up 2 or 3 maybe 4 tenths on stickers. id like to see umschied race services get in that truck and make something happen.

big john

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats right big john, that was all that bad boy wanted, hell I came close to hittin the wall during qualifing, You Know when you run that dam thing in there and you hands are at 12 and they end up at 6 3 quarters of the way through the turn thats tough. I have never claimed that I could do anything, but when we finally do get it right watch the freak out.

Ok not trying to start anything here with big jon or gunar i like you both. but i totally disagree on the tire situation. I have run just as fast or faster on two race old tires as I would on "stickers" I actually think if you bolt on fresh rubber with out scuffing them in on a arts tire you will slow down. I just dont think you will pick up 3 or 4 tenths from a new treaded tire.

Geez, let me restate that. its kinda hard to win when the decks stacked against you. Most of the wins this year have came out of the Terry James camp, he's one of the best at these trucks, and they have had a lot of luck as well. Cain't take anything away fron them, but if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all. WE have been quick, but bad luck has bitten us in the but toooooooo many times this year! Going to Houston to win, if we don't- going to tms to win-if we don;t next year where ever the first race is going there to win,and on and on and on.ROBERTS A WINNER,whe'll just have to have a little luck to prove it!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL IN ARTS............................................GUNNAR

The Shrimp....

I've never been to Corpus... I don't know what these tires do down there. But from what I've seen you should be able to get a few or more ARTS races out of a set of tires. The majority of the group does. Stickers may be fast early, but they will fade faster and more than scuffs will. These trucks are not real heavy so there should'nt be a weight issue for the tire. These trucks don't have monster motors with big 4 barrells on them so they shouldn't be blowing the tires off. And the trucks have all sorts of suspension and alignment adjustments, when the truck is right, you're not going to wear out tires because your not fighting it. Colt probably had minimal wear on his tires Sat night at SAS... that thing was so smooth through the turns, I don't recall him ever getting crossed up or real loose. Those tires might not make another race, but they can get 1 or 2 practice sessions out of them for sure.

Tires in ARTS will only be a money issue if the driver/team want it to be. But someone else will go out there with used rubber and do just as well or better. It's been proved for years in ARTS. Just be thankful we don't have to go through a whole set, or even 2 or 3 sets in a weekend like some of those late model teams do. That's what I was talking about when I said that thankfully ARTS is not a big tire bill series.

colt of course you have to scuff them in, secondly Kyle likes old tires, San Antonio likes new tires, , . Bradley told us saturday new tires would pick up at least 2 tenths. Does not matter everyone going to have there opinion.

Your right Gunner, Like I said before Not taking anything away from robert. You like apples.

in my experience(limited) on an arts truck, old tires work good at kyle, new tires work better at sas. when john paul was driving the truck, we would pick up 2 or 3 tenths on freshies. we would also drop off 2 or 3 tenths at kyle, but get it back after about 30-35 laps. we won a race at kyle on 3 race old tires, tried it at sas and it did not work at all.

big john

Maybe you should see if one of those pregnacy test companies will sponsor you...cause your awful late!

Ha Ha hmmmm <_<

Since my previous sponsor suddenly decided that they couldn't fulfil the commitment for Octoberfast, I am now scrambling trying to find a replacement.

29LL, , . ! (typed in white so that I can keep civility on the board and Nick won't have to edit)

Archived