To all Arts drivers

GUNAR

I talked with Mike today, Arts run under there rules, San Antonio Sportsman under there rules is pretty much a done deal. I need some feed back. Or do you have any questions, because this is not an arts sanctioned event this is just an open invitation. I myself Like the Idea what do yall think. There lap times are are pretty much the same.Has the makings of one hell of a show, and I think the fans will love it. Because it is different. This would easily make a field of 30 or more. This Is for the San antonio October 16th Oktoberfast race.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if they like use run with the ss at sas on the 16th I am in. it would be a great show for the fans. i am not in it for the pionts this year. Next year i will be. It will give me more track time for sas.

I think the reason they wont is because of the truck vs. car deal.

I hope Mike would let use run with them. If it is so the #42 truck will be there.

Thanks GUNAR

TIM SOWELL #42 ARTS

Let me start by saying again me & mike talked about this today he has decided to let this take place, Mike is a friend of mine He has never told me a lie, So I will take him at his word. Furthermore I am sure he will post something. And we will also have an oppurtunity to discuss it more in detail on saturday.Matthew

It is true :) I'll back GUNAR on this one ;) . I called up Paul L. and spoke w/ him a couple of times yesterday (thurs). I brought up to idea of the ARTS guys returning to compete w/ the sportsman & SS next weekend. He spoke w/ Mike and it's a done deal :) But as far as this weekend goes........... >:) #57 ARTS truck? murrrhahahaha B)

I was going to make the announcement but got a bit sidetracked and Matthew beat me to it.

The Allstar Race Trucks are invited to compete on October 16, 2004 with the Sportsman cars. This is a 60 lap feature race, $1500.00 to win and $6245.00 total posted purse for 36 car in the feature race.

The ARTS truck must comply with ALL current ARTS rules 100% to be eligible to compete. This includes but not limited to weight, tires, engine, carb, etc..

The starting grid will be limited to 36 cars. Each car will be inspected before qualifying. There are no tolerances for weight or ride height Your car/truck may be impounded after qualifying. Each car will be given one warm up and two qualifying laps. If a car is unable to qualify, it will be placed at the rear of the field. 10 Lap Last Chance race if needed for last 6 positions.

If you have any questions please contact Paul Lozano or our office.

Mike Sepich

OK, somebody please tell me what the point of this is? The ARTS guys get to run on the 9th and now on the 16th also? I guess I just don't see the point. A few of you guys have said that they are pretty much equal. At THR, there are probably less than 5 SS cars that can post lap times equal to the majority of the trucks.

We need to hear from more of the Sportsman/SS teams on this one. Any more "changes" to be expected? :huh:<_<

cs

I have to agree with Chase on this one. THR latemodel rules include trucks. I don't understand how all of a sudden they get bunched in with SS?

Doesn't make any sense... They have slicks, weight jacks and brake bias under their rules. How does that conform to a SS race?

Archived