To all Arts drivers

GUNAR

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fastest time we have ran this year is a 21.40. I am sure that would be a track record but it has not been in qualifying. A good lap time during the race is like a 21.8 or .9. When the trucks raced the last time at San Antonio they slowed down so much in the race it was funny.

And no i am not racing a truck this weedend.

ok i like the trucks and enjoy watching them run but don't realy see the point of combining them with the sportsman race.........are the sportsman drivers and ss drivers going to be able to double dip and run with the arts for their big race........what about corpus...........you guys gonna let the arts guys run with your ss for the big race...........

damn justin a 21.40 .........i knew you were fast but man that is fast lap in a sportsman.........

good luck to all the drivers this weekend, looking foward to a good show..............

"There lap times are are pretty much the same".......What do you mean pretty much. I hope I haven't spent several hundreds on tires, entry fees, and am going to travel to San Antonio and spend money to stay the weekend to race in a race against cars that run lap times close to the Late Models. Mike, say this ain't so. Since I don't know much about how they compare, what does Justin and the other SA guys think. Give me your insight!!!!

Greg Carlucci Jr.

Greg,

The overall lap times are pretty close, but I bet we'd all be surprised if we segmented the track and took the times in segments.

The trucks and our cars are like apples and oranges, and I don't think they should be running together. Hey, have I said that before? :huh:

cs

they don't run lap times close to the late models, they run around the same times as the sas sportsman cars which are around the same times as the cc street stocks (greg) and the thr stret stocks (cary)..............i don't think it will be so much an issue of one make running away from another as much as it is the fact that the trucks already have a big race set and now they will get to double dip...............with all the cars from out of town, the sas cars and the trucks now it will be pretty cramped in the pits and on the track.................might be a good show though.............

We have a points race the following week in houston. I myself would like to be there to support ARTS, so i "don't think" we will attend the 16th. After the season is over it might just be a different story! Sounds like fun. Robert will make that call. If he wants to go ill be there.

Gundog no need to worry about glass vs metal. I ran sas l/m & TSRS with glass when others had steel. It dont make a rats a$$. No advantage. They both crumble and fly off when they get hit. Im sure you would fair fine in the race.

they slowed down so much in the race it was funny.

Hey Champ, was it as funny as you doing donuts in the infield during the last truck race? Cause I thought that was funny as heeeeellllllllll, well at least the first three times. Just imagine if we hadn't have slowed down for you. You'd still be dizzy. :D

It looks to me that the only ARTS drivers that are supporting this race are the ones that (1) show up to an Arts race when they feel like it.and (2) know that the top trucks in the points probably won't be there because they have a points race the next week in Houston!

like i said before i might be there for this race(1)i am not in the points race,(2) i love racing in a big way that if i have a car i will race just about anywhere. I will also be in Houston on the 23 even if i do have to rebuild the truck to do so. I LOVE TO RACE, IT IS IN MY BLOOD

Archived