Hello

Rookie49

I've been out of touch for a few years. I know that there have been some track closures and such. I was wanting to go to some races this year possibly. Can anyone give me directions to SMOKIN' ALLEY MOTORSPORTS PARK? I heard that was a great place to see a race.

;)

PS

thank you Nick and Reb. Josh, I'm a lot older, fatter, and slower now. don't know how much fun I am anymore.

:0

Glad to see you back Johnny!

How is the drunken goat doing?

A lot has changed here, but some of the old gang is still around.

Hello Tom. One thing iI was noticing that might be a change--Is "Hi-Tech" the master prognosticator and eloquent statesman formerly known as oldtimer?

Wow. :blink:

Just kiddin around, not stirring any pots. ;) Check your PM's.

Hello Tom. One thing iI was noticing that might be a change--Is "Hi-Tech" the master prognosticator and eloquent statesman formerly known as oldtimer?

... i thought i could hide ..and dont be so kind .lol. I WORK HARD AT WHAT I DO ....MISSED YEAH..

Hello Tom. One thing i was noticing that might be a change--Is "Hi-Tech" the master prognosticator and eloquent statesman formerly known as oldtimer?

Yessir.......that is the well spoken senior racer from Corpus............... While he found his capslock button during your absence from the board, he seems to have a stuck "."............ He still has that famous "William Shatner" way of writing sentences without finishing them....

Can anyone give me directions to SMOKIN' ALLEY MOTORSPORTS PARK? I heard that was a great place to see a race.

You really missed the glory days of Texas racing being away. Jimmy and Shimmy took the Blowing Smoke up your Ass--I mean Alley-- Motorsports Complex and Hair Salon to the elite top level of racing anywhere in the country. Definitely ones to rest on their laurels, they went out on top after leaving an indelible mark on area racing. A mark very similar to the one my 11 year old grandson leaves in the bathroom when he stays over. He pays homage to my Retired military status by emulating a long time Air Force recruiting slogan----"Aim High".

Good to see you back Johnny; You coming to San Antonio April 20th?

You can bring the goat, but he cannot drink until after the races. If you make it, I have a great story about a goat and the San Antonio pit area.

Yes he's my cousin ! I keep telling him he needs to get back out to the track but no luck ! Maybe you can talk him into it . Hell tell him he can drive my car next weekend ! He knows that track pretty good !

Knows it better than a lot of folks do, I imagine. He told me he wont go because then he will get the itch. He wont scratch it so he will just be miserable then. lol

Knows it better than a lot of folks do, I imagine. He told me he wont go because then he will get the itch. He wont scratch it so he will just be miserable then. lol

I know Johnny B. Very well, he has basically stated the same thing to me more than once.

Many racers are that way; I talked with Tex Horn at Donny Horelka's funeral, and he stated the same thing.

I know Johnny B. Very well, he has basically stated the same thing to me more than once.

Many racers are that way; I talked with Tex Horn at Donny Horelka's funeral, and he stated the same thing.

What the hell? Donny Horelka's funeral? When did this happen?

We all are, Johnny. I knew him 37-38 years............ Being away, you probably didn't know that James Polasek passes a year or two ago. James is the guy who would run Donny's back up car for points sometimes. Had the same statue and build as Donny,and just as nice a guy. They were more like brothers than friends.

Mayor, good to see You back... Tom has me laughing on that track name. I'm looking at 43 acres just West of You mayor with approx 1 acre pond. I'm thinking of giving up another acre and taking a D9 to make it a 2 acre "Smoke and Mirrors Duck Racing Facility" Helmets optional... Hey, speaking of racing... Need to get You out to The Texas Mile. Tom will tell You it is a blast to watch. One of Our Vettes went 216.3 MPH on Sunday of the event. Thing is on Friday of that event the hood delaminated blowing the center out of it at 185+MPH shattering the windshield. We put the car back together and set the record for Vettes on Sunday.

Again, great to see You back... May have to come Your way for some BBQ one day!

Mayor, good to see You back... Tom has me laughing on that track name. I'm looking at 43 acres just West of You mayor with approx 1 acre pond. I'm thinking of giving up another acre and taking a D9 to make it a 2 acre "Smoke and Mirrors Duck Racing Facility" Helmets optional... Hey, speaking of racing... Need to get You out to The Texas Mile. Tom will tell You it is a blast to watch. One of Our Vettes went 216.3 MPH on Sunday of the event. Thing is on Friday of that event the hood delaminated blowing the center out of it at 185+MPH shattering the windshield. We put the car back together and set the record for Vettes on Sunday.

Appreciate it. My son was just talking about the texas mile the other day. He was telling me about a 240mph camaro that crashed.

That racing facility sounds like it would have quite racing "bill' every week.

Appreciate it. My son was just talking about the texas mile the other day. He was telling me about a 240mph camaro that crashed.

That racing facility sounds like it would have quite racing "bill' every week.

Yes sir... That Camaro went 263.2 MPH in Oct 2012. They were saying if conditions would have been just right like Oct it might have gone 275MPH. Wont know as it is destroyed. Gearhead has a video they are editting that I'll post a link to once it is done and approved for release. Joe Honeycutt the driver is doing very good considering the carnage. Testamony to spending extra time on the safety.

Oh, Jenn went 243.6 in Oct 2012 on a turbo Busa. They didn't bring that bike last month but it is said to getting some more motor work to go to Mojave 2013 and possibly Loring 2013 in Loring Maine. May be at The Mile in Oct 2013. Jenn went over 200MPH on I believe 4 different bike last month...

Archived