Loss of Donny Horelka

debwill

I'm sorry to share the news that Donny Horelka passed away earlier today. Although we don’t know all of the details, we understand that Donny was involved in an accident on Saturday night.

Donny drove the familiar red and white #41 Late Model at San Antonio Speedway for many years, winning many races and several championships. Shown below is a picture of his #41 Late Model that was taken during the Twin 50s race at San Antonio Speedway on August 5, 2006.

On behalf of San Antonio Speedway’s staff and officials, we share our deepest sympathies and send our prayers out to Donny’s family during this very difficult time. We will post more information about the funeral arrangements, etc., when it is released by Donny’s family.

post-3-1362453703.jpg

oh my goodness! the man from jourdanton is gone i cannot believe this! we need a section of the sas grandstands renamed in honor of him. i remember seeing all the red shirts!! prayers to his family!

Remembering the good ole days at S.A.S. he was one of the first names to come to mind.I watched him race hundreds of times and cannot think of one time he was on the wrong end of a controversial call.Fast,smooth,clean,racer that was always in the mix for a win.He always had a lot of friends and family by his side.That alone tells the story of the man.RIP.

Truly a sad day in the racing community. He was one of the friendliest drivers around. Anytime I went into the pits he was always available to talk to. We use to give each other a hard time and it carried over to me picking on him at our racing banquets. He took everything in stride and never took it personal, he knew it was all part of the show. I will alsways remember introducing him over the PA as " the man from Jourdonton." There will be a lot of laughing in heavan when Donnies humor arrives with the distinctive laugh of his. Donnie I will personally miss you.

Milton Hope

PA Announcer for Donnie Horelka

Archived