LONGHORN SPEEDWAY

smallblock

Longhorn Speedway is in Austin 3 miles from COTA on Hwy 183.

Property is pretty rough.

Would be very surprised to see it open back up. Been for sale or lease for a long time.

Nostalgia can breed strange ideas though.

I think someone should open it back up. Kyle runs Saturday, Austin runs Friday or vice-versa.

My first asphalt laps were there - unsuccessful as they were - when it was called Paramount Speedway and run by Ricci Ware, Sr. That would have been back in 1975 I guess. Or was it '75...

Nick

I think someone should open it back up. Kyle runs Saturday, Austin runs Friday or vice-versa.

My first asphalt laps were there - unsuccessful as they were - when it was called Paramount Speedway and run by Ricci Ware, Sr. That would have been back in 1975 I guess. Or was it '75...

Nick

Did you mean 1875.... hahaha

Rolled by the old speedway today ( Longhorn Speedway) seen 5 ca
rs

parked out front n people walking the track???????

Wander what's happening there sure would be nice there

We wouldn't have to deal with OTX they could have kyle all

themselves.

I herd they they are supposed to build a flea market there! I was pumping fuel at the Mustang Ridge Truckstop when the locals were arguing over how they wanted a adult video store there! Dang elders!! Lol

Nick

WOW, I was born in 75

I doubt it will ever open as a race track...flea market is more believable.

Why not a flea market with saturday night racing?

:blink:

Doesn't a conversation like this start up every year about this time?

Is it the heat, possible concussions from too many bump and runs, or carbon monoxide poisoning?

Silly season is here.

It almost always starts with someone seeing someone looking at the track who happens to be driving Mercedes or big luxury SUV.

So, here's the thought process: "Hmmm.... Someone with money is interested in buying the place and restoring the track. I better let everyone know."

Gotta love it.

Nick

It almost always starts with someone seeing someone looking at the track who happens to be driving Mercedes or big luxury SUV.

So, here's the thought process: "Hmmm.... Someone with money is interested in buying the place and restoring the track. I better let everyone know."

Gotta love it.

Nick

Betting that Mercedes belongs to the real estate agent 9 times out of 10.

Nick they tried running Longhorn on Friday and THR on Saturday a few years ago, didn't work out very well. I don't think there is enough local support to run them both on a weekly basis. It's hard enough to for one local track to make it..But good luck to all.

Nick they tried running Longhorn on Friday and THR on Saturday a few years ago, didn't work out very well. I don't think there is enough local support to run them both on a weekly basis. It's hard enough to for one local track to make it..But good luck to all.

Bingo

Archived