NASCAR /why not dirt?

hippyracer00

As the world of NASCAR continues to bore us, I can't help but wonder why they don't do more to make it interesting again. Weird but I've grown to look forward to the roadcouse races. Mostly cause it's a change why not add just one dirt track race per season? Let's see what teams can make changes and adjust. And let's face it, these guys are hired for there driving skills, so they should be able to adjust as well. I personally would watch the whole weekend to see who does what. Practice, qualifying, all of it. I've had this conversation with many racin buddies and thought I'd get some other thoughts. Let's see who can really drive those things!

Thanx

Mikey

EXSTRA EXSTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT ................................... ALL TEAMS FINED $20.000 AND LOST OF OWNER AND DRIVER POINTS FOR NOT PASSING WEIGH IN AFTER RACE .... I WOULD WATCH THE RACE .........ASLONG AS IT IS NOT ON SATERDAY NIGHT .....

Isn't the Prelude to a Dream becoming one of the bigger events of the year anyway?

They only had 113,00 at the Brickyard 400 last year and are just hoping to get close to 100,000 this year.The way attendance is dwindling each year maybe we are close to seeing NASCAR mix up venues some.

Listening to Sirius XM all week would have you believe the NASCAR/Brickyard relationship is coming to a close soon anyway.9 out of 10 people calling in as to why they don't go anymore is because they can,t see the race.The novelty of the place has worn off.The track seats 257,000 and they are way under half full.That is still a lot of people but everyone they interviewed this week says something has to change quick.

What is Knoxville's seating capacity.I was understanding it is a lot.

I agree about the Prelude to the Dream. I see it as a trial race they have going on just to see if it would work; not to discredit what it actually is though.

Went to an arca race on dirt years ago. It was pretty cool.

THOUGHT I SAW ARCA RACE OR TWO ON TV ..I THINK A RACE OR TWO ON DIRT FOR NASCAR WOULD NOT HURT ...EVEN THE DAYTONA 500 HAS LOST ITS LUSTER .. .WHAT DIRT TRACK HAS THE SEATING FOR THE HOARDS OF FANS . NONE THAT I KNOW OF.............BORED AS HELL WITH COOKIE CUTTER MILE OR MORE TRACKS ....

They build road course only cars and super speedway only cars.

That was kinda my point.....they already track specific cars and they AIN'T cheap! Owners are struggling enough trying to find sponsors and keep cars on the track.....

AND....there is no dirt track, that I know of, that can hold 100,000+ people to make Franceland rich......Why do you think they've dumped all the classic, old school tracks for their cookie-cutter palaces?......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

AND....there is no dirt track, that I know of, that can hold 100,000+ people to make Franceland rich......Why do you think they've dumped all the classic, old school tracks for their cookie-cutter palaces?......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The basic answer right there. When nascar ran dirt back decades ago, a crowd of 10,000 was great for them, and most were half miles. Lots of the asphalt tracks were not much better. Go back to the cup races at Texas World Speedway 1979, 1980, and 1981. The respective spectator counts for those three races were, 11,000, 14,500, and 18,000. And College Station was breaking at the seams with just that.

The two tracks ARCA runs on are old fairgrounds 1 mile horse tracks. Guess they could hold pretty good races, but they are located away from nascar's target market$. They are in Springfield and Du Quoin Illinois. Neither area is set up to support a 6 figure crowd.

Personally, I would watch them run a dirt track, just for the variety, but I don't see it happening.

And building dirt cars is additional cost to the teams. Ya'll may or not know, but every chassis that is built, or repaired, must be taken to nascar for cmm measurement. nascar does not do that for free. And each basic chassis is about double what it cost to build one pre-cot.

Another thing to think about, Find some old footage of nascar dirt races and look at the dust flying. How long would you make the race knowing it will dust up bad when it dries out. Unless you throw a competition yellow for track watering....

It sounds cool, but wont happen. Dirt is surviving in the midst of this trying economy. If Na$car was to step in, it would probably suffer the same fate as local asphalt tracks. No, keep em seperate. JMO

I think it would be a novelty to see the NASCAR boys run dirt for a race or two. As much as NASCAR has turned itself into a circus act or poorly scripted WWE event, they would figure out how to put money ahead of the quality of show. They could take two tracks, split the field of entries, run thru the mains, top 10 from each track would make the big show.

I also think NASCAR should go back to the teams showing up, qualify top 43 on speed and race on Sunday. It is probably a sure bet that both of these would never happen..LOL

• 2 weeks later...
put dirt on bristol....have done it before.....

May I remind you "dirt" is for Taters. lol

• 11 months later...

Archived