GETTING A CAR COUNT FOR SAS FOR THUNDERS/PURE STOCKS

TRYING TO GET A CAR COUNT FOR WHAT WOULD BE THUNDER STOCK/PURE STOCK. I GOT A EMAIL FROM SAS AND THEY SAID IF WE COULD GET 20 OR MORE THEY WOULD CONSIDER US RUNNIING BUT IT MAY BE ON FRIDAY NIGHT OF THE EVENT.SO LET ME KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOUR FROM BUT I NEED A LIST OF THE ONES THAT ARE FOR SURE GOING TO RACE. :ph34r:

Donnie we really dont want to leave any one out. If you can group of cars in your

class together that would for sure race we would consider it. We would like that number

to be close to 20. Remember though because of the number of classes mounting your class

may have to race on Friday night THIS WAS THE EMAIL I GOT SO COME ON GUYS AND GALS ITS UP TO US.

Honestly... if we can't get them to come to THR what says they will show up at SA?

What does it take to get them off the jack stands PERIOD!

I'm sure you could get several from i37 to come play. Honestly i think they should dump the grand stocks due to the low car count at thr and no other track runs them. If they run the pure stock class and open the rules up a bit like we do at the big end of year races you will get alot of pures because every track has a class like this. JMO

Not trying to start anything but sas will draw alot more cars than thr.

Boerne i see anywhere from 11 to 15 looking at the results and not all those will show. The problem is you can only draw cars for that class from one track. What you would have to do is let the pures/thunderstocks run your track rules with the exception of maybe tires.

GUYS THEY ALREADY HAVE THE GRAND STOCKS AS A CLASS THIS IS FOR THUNDER/PURE STOCKS LETS WORRIE ABOUT OUR CLASS RIGHT NOW.AND AARON AGAIN WERE NOT TALKING ABOUT THR WERE TALKING ABOUT SAS OCTFAST RACE ONLY. AND THERES THAT SAYING IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME SO COME ON GUYS LETS BUILD THIS CLASS TO ITS FULLEST!!! AND IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT TO THR AND RACE WITH US THUNDERS WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE AROUND 15 CARS ALREADY FOR OCTFAST I WILL GIVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS THEN POST THE CAR NUMBERS AND NAMES. THANKS :ph34r:

Honestly... if we can't get them to come to THR what says they will show up at SA?

I'm sure you could get several from i37 to come play. Honestly i think they should dump the grand stocks due to the low car count at thr and no other track runs them. If they run the pure stock class and open the rules up a bit like we do at the big end of year races you will get alot of pures because every track has a class like this. JMO

Not trying to start anything but sas will draw alot more cars than thr.

let me try and help with this , the combination of pures,thunders from both tracks and others im sure would prob, be bigger show than jus grands alone , i plan finishing my car for it . so theres another one, let me try and put this into prospective of what the the difference is ( with all due respect to all other tracks) for many people there is no suitable substitution for SAS , we lost sas five years ago and now for the first time it looks pretty promising that there will be races again , people will do some extraordinary things to go racing there again , that you can count on, i think the intrest of this happing kinda of speaks for itself , read one person didnt think it was a track at all causing all of this excitement, because a track is a track , but this place holds alot of mermories ,legends, history or whatever you want to call it , UNIQUE track solutions , could NOT have called them selfs any better , this place is all that .UNIQUE... hope this helps people understand!

This is EXACTLY the point I have been trying to get at in just a round about way...LOL

Its been said time and again. Sas holds great memories for alot of racers. And that is wat will get em off jack stands. I will continue to race at thr but I will also attend every sas race possible. Count in the #00 thunderstock for octoberfast as well.

Dang spelling! Im workin on it hi-tech! Lol

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how far a Thunder Stock will be off from the Street Stock? SAS ran a Grand Stock, a Charger/Thunder/Pure Stock style car and a Super Street Stock. If they are planning on reviving SAS rules then a Thunder Stock may not be far off from a Street Stock other then no weight jacks and less motor. On the other hand I37 + THR have great groups of Pure/Thunder/Chargers and Thumder Hill + I37 have great classes of Street Stocks while THR has a decent class of Grand Stocks. Seems like if you want to run a "Thunder Stock" class I37s bigger class of Pures would be the group to reach out to. Mikey (hippyracer00) runs a car at THR as a Thunder that ran last year at I37 as a Pure and was setup before that as a Thunder for THR. I only have one request, can we call them Chargers! :D

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how far a Thunder Stock will be off from the Street Stock? SAS ran a Grand Stock, a Charger/Thunder/Pure Stock style car and a Super Street Stock. If they are planning on reviving SAS rules then a Thunder Stock may not be far off from a Street Stock other then no weight jacks and less motor. On the other hand I37 + THR have great groups of Pure/Thunder/Chargers and Thumder Hill + I37 have great classes of Street Stocks while THR has a decent class of Grand Stocks. Seems like if you want to run a "Thunder Stock" class I37s bigger class of Pures would be the group to reach out to. Mikey (hippyracer00) runs a car at THR as a Thunder that ran last year at I37 as a Pure and was setup before that as a Thunder for THR. I only have one request, can we call them Chargers! :D

Which set of rules are you referring to James? I have in my file cabinet perhaps six different sets of SAS rules, many of which I had a direct hand in writing.

Nick

It would depend on what rules they would allow. If they followed THR rules I couldnt race. No novas in thunderstocks and no gutting or full safe cages in grand stocks.

I personally think the issue with car count in the Thunders has been the wheel base rule, what about a class that allowed G-Bodies and Novas (I.E. the old Charger rules) but DIDN'T allow Camaros? First Generation Monte Carlos, Second Gen Monte Carlos, 68-74 Novas, 75-78 Novas, 68-72 Chevelles, 73-77 Chevelles and the occasional old boat ALL ran competitive in the Charger class for years and then the Camaros showed up and the class got a lot faster.

Which set of rules are you referring to James? I have in my file cabinet perhaps six different sets of SAS rules, many of which I had a direct hand in writing.

Nick

I'm thinking something with mild motors, no weight jacks, headers, 2-barrels/factory four barrels, no Camaros of any generation, welded rears ok, asphalt late model take-offs or 8" dirt tires and a 12" or so vac. rule...you have anything?

got a brand new vergin I-37 Purestock that can be a kick ass get'em off off the track THR Thunder Stock that I will definitly be on standby for the SAS, just gotta wait for the rules

Fastman... I don't understand your kick ass get'em off the track Thunder Stock comment.

Nick

I'm thinking something with mild motors, no weight jacks, headers, 2-barrels/factory four barrels, no Camaros of any generation, welded rears ok, asphalt late model take-offs or 8" dirt tires and a 12" or so vac. rule...you have anything?

First off I have to find where all that stuff is hiding.

I was digging around some old files the other day and came across two or three dozen video tapes of various SAS races in the mid 90's when I was working for Scott Holland as his NASCAR Chief Steward. Not that they'd do anyone much good unless they were transferred to a digital format.

Nick

Archived