rough drivin

colgate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk to the other driver.s..AND ONLY THE DRIVERS ....FIRST .HELPS SOMETIMES EVEN IF YOU AND OTHER DRIVER DON'T LIKE EACH OTHER ...IF ALL ELSE FELLS ...ITS UP TO THE TRACK TO CONTROL IT .IF THEY DON'T .THEN THAT'S A LOSS ..I HAVE ALWAYS FOUND IF I HAVE A FRIENDLY VISIT WITH OTHER DRIVER .99 PERCENT OF THE TIME .EVERYTHING WORKED OUT ..WHEN IT DIDN'T .WELL ....THIS IS ONE THING I HAVE SAID TO A DRIVER OR TWO AND HAVE NOT HAD TO GO THROUGH WITH IT ..GLADLY I MAY SAY .........................EITHER WE FIX IT HERE IN THE PITS OR TAKE HOME WRECKED CARS .AND SEE WHO HAS ONE RACEN THE NEXT WEEK ,,MOST CANT HAVE THEIR WIPED OUT CAR READY THE NEXT WEEK OR THE REST OF THE SEASON ..I CAN HAVE A CAR BACK SOON .. IT IS NOT MANDATORY DRIVERS HAVE TO LIKE EACH OTHER .. ..BUT OUT ON THE TRACK WE MUST HAVE SOME KIND OF RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER ..A LOT SAFER THAT WAY ...

drivers aren't allowed to handle it anymore. use to be able to, but these days there are charges that you can get hit back with. ...and if the rack has off duty law enforcement, and they see it,, you are in big trouble. 2 reasons rough driving has gotten outta hand. 1) tracks not only allow it they encourage it. 2) drivers are seeking revenge for what rule #1 allowed to happen.

if a driver is not allowed to handle it with his hands , he will be forced to handle it with his race car...and that is not smart business for a track or a driver/guy who has to fix it.

yes you are right Shawn..but if you talk to that person and they still keep on doing it then what should you do..drivers hate having to replace frontend parts or any other parts on your car just cause one person is rough driving. if the track warns the person every weekend and he still does it then the drivers are going to take matters in there own hands and deal with it on the track. Yes that would make it hard on car count for the next week if the car is hurt bad enough.And if the track is struggling with car count and needs cars the track needs to do something about it before it get out of hand.....

I have no problem taking care of a problem myself.. That being said I have never went looking for a fight but somehow those talks end like that.. If something an idiot does tears up something I spent my money on being dumb (stuff does get tore up in a racing incident.. No ones fault) it needs tO be taken care of before they tear up more than 1 car...

The drivers need to police it themselves whether the two like each other or not. What happens between two drivers needs to be discussed, without yelling, fighting and all other bs. I understand people get mad, but will fighting about it solve the problem? No.

It should be driver to driver talking. Not driver to driver to drivers wife, cousin, crew cheif or anyone else associated with the two drivers.

I tried to talk to someone twice last night after our race and I got run off twice by someone who had nothing to do with what happened between me and the other driver. I was at fault and went to apologize about it, but didnt get the chance to because of someone who was not on the track.

This is one of them topics that makes me scratch my head wondering what good will come out of it.

My opinion dont mean sh** to anyone cus Ive quit trying to live with the current system.

That being said, Shawn is EXACTLY right guys. If you think that the track is concerned with how much it costs you to repair damage to your car to make the next race, your sadly mistaken. They hide behind the "rubbin is racin" excuse to keep from having to make the tough decisions. Now in all fairness to the tracks, they cant win. Racers will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS complain about the rules. But the way racing is today with minors being allowed to race has done away with drivers handling issues between themselves. I do believe i remember one track related person say that if some one has an issue with some one else, to take car of it on the front straightaway so the fans can be entertained. This has been a growing problem for years at many short tracks. It all comes down to dollars. The people who pay to sit in the stands want to see carnage, so thats what is promoted. You think im full of it?? Watch the nascar race from richmond. This very topic was brought up due to a poll taken by fans who love short track racin cus of the WRECKS!!! Not good clean racing. Face it, this is how it is.

BOTTOM LINE IS .IF THE DRIVERS CANT SOLVE THE PROBLEM ....THE TRACK HAS TO STEP IN ...IF A TRACK MANAGER WONT STEP IN AND SOLVE IT .THEY DONT NEED TO RUN A TRACK ..PERIOD .THIS ONE GOES OUT TOWARDS TRACK MANAGERS ..IT MAY SEEN TRIVIA TO YOU ..IT ISN'T HARD TO HAVE A FEW PEOPLE WATCH THOSE DRIVERS ..AND COME BACK WITH A SALUTION .EVEN IF IT GOES DOWN TO BARING A DRIVER .DRIVERS ...CAR COUNT IS NOT WORTH SOMEONE GETTING HURT.AND OTHER INNOCENT DRIVERS BEING AN UN WILLING PARTY ...........COLGATE AS FOR CHEEZE IT 7 .......THIS WILL BLOW OVER ..THOSE TWO DRIVERS ARE FRIENDS .. AND BOTH ARE SMARTER THAN TO LET THIS GET OUT OF HAND . .[ OTHERS SHOULD FOLLOW SUIT ].......

I have to agree with you, racer61. Fans DO seem to enjoy the drama of carnage. My heart plummets when I see it, I would MUCH rather see the door to door 3, 4, 5 wide racing with the drivers knowing they are really RACING and a good round of hand shaking in tech post race. I may not be a typical fan...... Corner people and ultimately the flagman should deal with rough driving, and not the promoter.

This is one of those topics that starts out as a general discussion and ends up being a bitch session about a particular driver.

This is not what Lone Star Speedzone is about and never will be as long as I have the Admin title. If someone wants to buy the site and use it as their personal soap box to vent at anything they don't like 24/7, well, show me the bucks. In the meantime, I have gone back through this thread and removed the "point the finger at so-and-so" stuff whether it's true or not true.

I don't mind a general discussion about issues and problems in racing. That's healthy and needed. I do have a problem when the site is used to attack a local racer, person, Texas short track, Texas-based racing series, etc.

Nick

Its a general discussion Nick not bashin anyone Nick....just tryin to get people point of view on this topic

Great! I'm all for general discussions about racing issues and topics.

Nick

I have to agree with you, racer61. Fans DO seem to enjoy the drama of carnage. My heart plummets when I see it, I would MUCH rather see the door to door 3, 4, 5 wide racing with the drivers knowing they are really RACING and a good round of hand shaking in tech post race. I may not be a typical fan...... Corner people and ultimately the flagman should deal with rough driving, and not the promoter.

its the promoters show ...he .she are in charge .and this roles back towards what kind of show they are promoting ..demo racing ...saterday night fights .or real down home racing ..... if its anything other than good competitive racen they seek...then they need to change the advertisement to refleck the other two ........... i too would rather see 3.4.5 wide door to door ..you cant have a chance at that if someone wont let you run beside them .with wild driving blocking .hitting .and so forth ..what you get is torn up cars .and class fade ....fan fade .and then closed track.........it is up to the drivers first to try and resolve a problem .if not .promoter needs to step in .......if we did not have nick ..what would speedzone look like with just us drivers teams and what not.s ......you cant let things carry over week after week ,,no bash from me and no promoter named ..i have no track ..drivers in mind here ..just general......

What I have found is most of the time the driver causing problems is really just making mistakes like not being able to hold a line.I have tried to help when I can by telling them ways to improve their driving,therefore improving their finishes.When they understand the drivers job is to get the best finish possible in their race rather than being a hero their skills improve.In rare cases there is a driver or team that has a chip on their sholder and is unreasonable.I found that if one of my pit crew,usually someone in the 350 pound range goes up to the offending driver while we are staged and tells him hes the one that has to fix the car so dont rough it up the nite goes smother.

I remember when racing was mano a mano and no nite was without a fight usually with tire irons.Thank goodness those days are over,now half the crews carry a heater instead.

I do agree with hi teck,its the promoters job to keep the peace while keeping everyone racing.Its a tough job,Ive known some who did it well and some that did not.Kind of like an 8th grade schoolteacher.Some keep an orderly class and some should not be teaching.

Bottom line is,if theres a bully and the teacher cant control him the rest of the class should before someone gets major hurt.I know,i have had a machine gun pulled on me in the pits by the local drug dealer because I got tired of his car tearing everybody up and told him so.All I had was my tire iron.Thats my point.Our sport is half modern and half obsolete.The entire presentation needs to be re-invented.There should be one class at each track that races like roller derby with cars built for that,like an oval demo derby.Grudges can be settled there,safely and with enough excitement the fans would get charged.Kind of like the old days of racing but in a controlled envirolment.That would sell tickets.JMO.

Hmmm. Maybe all drivers and crew should take a psychological test to determine their state of mind.

LOL....BUT I WONDER ABOULT THE PERSON WHO IS ADMINISTERING THE TEST.. ARE THEY OF SOUND MIND TO BEGIN WITH . IF SO .. NOT AFTER THEY ARE TRhOUGH WITH EVERY ONE.. THEY WILL NEED LOTS OF LOVE AND HELP. OR A LITTLE WHITE ROOM......

These latest few comments are really funny to me... let me explain.

When I was getting my Masters in Experimental Psychology at UTSA several years ago, one of the social psychologists on staff was studying "road rage." He knew of my involvement in motorsports and asked if perhaps I could locate a few volunteers to form one of the control groups.

After testing two or three got back with me and said that he didn't need any more racers. He never really looked at me as if I were sane after that... LOL

Nick

nick your right. if you have to use this forum to solve your racing problem i think your in the wrong place. do it at the track with the people there. lets keep this forum about the history of racing and the good times and the positive things in racing

Archived