HiTech/Oldtimer

JMcCain8

Most may not know, but he had surgery today to remove cancer from his lower lip. The surgery is over with and he has been awake for a couple hours. The doctor thought it was a Basal Cell, but came to find out after talking with the Pathologist it was a Squamous Cell and a little more serious. If you dont know it this has been the second most common type of cancer cell in people. He is doing fine right now and gunna be moved to a room here shortly. He isnt complaining much about pain, but more being hungry and complaining of a headache. He is scheduled for a CT Scan tomorrow to see if it traveled down in to his Lymph Nodes in his neck and throat area. Hopefully it hasnt gotten that far. Not to sure if he will need radiation or Kemo yet until he sees an oncologist (sp?). They are keeping him overnight here to keep his meds up. He should be able to come home tomorrow afternoon or night.

The first thing he said to me when I walked back to see him was "Where's my steak?" I guess he hasn't lost much of his sense of humor, but it sure will be quiet around the house for a couple days atleast.

I know you don't know about this dad, but you will be fine and I'm sure this racing community we have will send their thoughts and prayers out to you.

Love,

Joshua and Lorraine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joshua,

Please let your dad know that I'm thinking about him and sending some prayers his way. He had told me about his surgery the other day in a PM, but I didn't realize that it was today. Thanks for sharing his progress.

I hope he has a quick, complete recovery. If he ends up having to get chemo treatments, we can compare notes and complain together. It's a rough road, but it is the road to survival!

Joshua,

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and that Mike is up and cracking jokes. Keep us informed if Mike can't find his way to a computer in the next day or two.

P.S. Where did you learn to spell? You certainly didn't inherit that trait from someone we know. LOL

Nick

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. As of 9 pm he hadn't been admitted to a room yet. He was still stuck in recovery. He should be home tomorrow sometime in the afternoon.

Nick, I sure did not learn my grammar from him! I wouldn't be in school if I had is grammatical expertise! Lol I'm sure he's gunna actually be asking for food before he asks for the computer!

Just talked to my mom. Doctor released him about 10 minutes ago and he is coming home. Mom said the doctor told her the CT Scan looked good and the cancer hadn't spread any further than his lip and hasn't gotten into his neck and throat area.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. God Bless you all

Prayers headed your way Mike for a quick heal. Can not imagine you staying quiet too long. And brother, we do love you like a brother in law, so get well soo and I sure hope you went easy on the nurses. Hope to see you soon. ;)

GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK...........GLAD THEY GOT IT ALL........TAKE YOUR TIME AND HEAL UP............

KEEP US POSTED.............WITH ANY UPDATES..............

........TOM............

Archived