LLM car count

toybox racing

Whats wrong with running saturdays

I37 runs saturdays...thats what she means....

As do the other tracks you'd be trying to draw cars from....

We know that we will getting cars that will come some distance to race at this new track. Our goal is not to depend on taking cars from other tracks but to gain the cars that are traveling over an hour to race somewhere else by providing them with a new home track that is much closer. We know of 50+ racers that are local and another 20-30 people that are willing to build a new car because they have a racetrack in their backyard. We hear alot of people say they will come here as a secondary track but we want to be their primary track as this is going to be a top notch facility not just some hole dug in the ground for people to gather at.

We know that we will getting cars that will come some distance to race at this new track. Our goal is not to depend on taking cars from other tracks but to gain the cars that are traveling over an hour to race somewhere else by providing them with a new home track that is much closer. We know of 50+ racers that are local and another 20-30 people that are willing to build a new car because they have a racetrack in their backyard. We hear alot of people say they will come here as a secondary track but we want to be their primary track as this is going to be a top notch facility not just some hole dug in the ground for people to gather at.

WHAT TRACK IS DUG IN THE GROUND? IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT I37, THAT TRACK KEPT RACING ALIVE IN THE AREA FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS! NOT TRYING TO BE NASTY , BUT THAT IS A FACT. THE MORE TRACKS , THE STABILITY OF DIRT TRACK RACING IS BETTER. PICK YOUR NIGHT, PICK YOUR CLASSES, AND I HOPE EVERY THING WORKS OUT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, HOPE OUR CAR CAN SUPPORT YOUR TRACK IF THE RIGHT THINGS FALL INTO PLACE.

JUNBUGS comments sounds like those of one that knows NOTHING of making it work...Probably has raced ALITTLE, but NEVER long enough to be considered a regular...Most have posted who they are, how bout you JUNBUG???,Have you raced enough to say a track really missed you when you left??? , Who are you??,,Frank torres

WHAT TRACK IS DUG IN THE GROUND? IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT I37, THAT TRACK KEPT RACING ALIVE IN THE AREA FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS! NOT TRYING TO BE NASTY , BUT THAT IS A FACT. THE MORE TRACKS , THE STABILITY OF DIRT TRACK RACING IS BETTER. PICK YOUR NIGHT, PICK YOUR CLASSES, AND I HOPE EVERY THING WORKS OUT. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, HOPE OUR CAR CAN SUPPORT YOUR TRACK IF THE RIGHT THINGS FALL INTO PLACE.

I think I37 is a good track and wasn't refering to it or any other track to being a "hole dug in the ground", sorry if it came across that way. The fact is is if you can support the track that is great but I would not expect many drivers to travel further than the track they are currently racing at to make this a home track, no doubt they will come to visit or attend special events but the track will have to depend mostly on the locals to keep the track alive. I have been driving over 2 hours anywhereI raced at and I would build a totaly new car if A track was right down the street.

JUNBUGS comments sounds like those of one that knows NOTHING of making it work...Probably has raced ALITTLE, but NEVER long enough to be considered a regular...Most have posted who they are, how bout you JUNBUG???,Have you raced enough to say a track really missed you when you left??? , Who are you??,,Frank torres

I posted one comment that says " does it matter" and now i know nothing. LOL. Who ever said i wanted to be considered a "regular" anyway? I dont know everything but know enough since me and other relatives that have been in racing for a combined 50 years +. And when we raced, everything was ours and didnt need help from everyone. We have reached our goals many many times. Doesn't matter what drivers pick which track to race at. Its what they prefer. Im sorry we dont race as much and my face isnt in racing every second since our families matter more than racing and have better things to do besides bashing people. Thanks for your concern though but im not surprised.

It's just plain amazing to me that such a positive event - a new track going up in Texas (who woulda thunk it??) - would provide an opportunity for negative comments.

Here's a racer who wants to give back to racing by providing us with a 1st-class dirt track and who has already taken steps to make it a reality. Why in the world would we want to get all negative about it before the rules are even in place????

Can we keep things positive around here please?

Thanks.

Nick

Agree totally with Nick

I had the same reaction as Lelland. This track shows early signs of being one of the best tracks we've seen in this part of TX. Personally, I'm anxious to see what it's going to look like on the 12th. I think the builders of it have realistic expectations as well. Sounds like they want local teams to have a place to race that's close. In this economy, what could be better.

The track will have to make the rules for what they can rely on getting. I would suggest a limited late model, but not as restrictive. Say 2800lbs min. let them run the regular style dirt late model chassis, but put them on 10 inch steel rims. With the limited and crate motors option.

The weight rules should help out the heavier cars.

Spec tires hurt getting outside cars in with this type of car.

The track will have to make the rules for what they can rely on getting. I would suggest a limited late model, but not as restrictive. Say 2800lbs min. let them run the regular style dirt late model chassis, but put them on 10 inch steel rims. With the limited and crate motors option.

Weight and carbs are good equalizers...

I really like all the talk about this class...That at least proves there is a lot of interest still out there for these cars. Quite a few cars that have been sitting can fit in pretty easily..

I DON"T like the idea of changing rules. Then you have a dedicated class to one track not legal anywhere else. We have several tracks with same rules for LLM. Hopefilly if they run this class we could do races like the streets put on with their shootout series...I-37s rules have been effective...Hell , we had a streetstock run well, Danielson proved that....when it gets slick its more driver and setup....

Weight and carbs are good equalizers...

I really like all the talk about this class...That at least proves there is a lot of interest still out there for these cars. Quite a few cars that have been sitting can fit in pretty easily..

I DON"T like the idea of changing rules. Then you have a dedicated class to one track not legal anywhere else. We have several tracks with same rules for LLM. Hopefilly if they run this class we could do races like the streets put on with their shootout series...I-37s rules have been effective...Hell , we had a streetstock run well, Danielson proved that....when it gets slick its more driver and setup....

I agree with Trey... The hype is really good and positive so far about this track. Our car issue will be having to switch gears every weekend between two tracks. Also..gettn off on a friday night then running 1.5 hrs to race will be really hard every weekend.. If I had a quick change no problem.. I came from Iowa where the tracks are between 1/4 and 1/2 mile. But they ran on opposite nights or weekends.. We have probly one of the litest cars out there and still had a street stock givin us hell.. So the rules are gonna have to be specific and detailed yet accomodating for the different types of LLM cars out there. . Another thing that will have to be in stone and consistant is the teching. If the rules are set in stone and inforced then itll make the racing and commoradary that much better. Our rules are good. most of us are set up for it where we are at...might want to look at Corpus and 37. any deviation that will allow drivers to make drastic changes besides simple gear change might create a problem and disadvantages to others. Hope we have a chance to run up there.... Plus we have a slow car anyway, this 4 banger isnt much but its mad as hell!!!..LMAO :angry:

Archived