LLM car count

toybox racing

Limited Late Models Guys Listen Up.. OK Just got back from meeting at Cotton Bowl... Looks like Sat nights for sure.. LLM's are not going to be one of the regular classes unles there is a lot of intrest . Once a month is what is being considered at this time for LLM' s Most of our class are not going to leave I 37 to race at cotton bowl.. But cotton is going to race every Sat night .. If I 37 runs the same Schedule as last year , there will several sat nights that they don't race .. That we could race at Cotton Bowl If we could get enough cars to commit to showing up..

For those of ya'll that didn't go to meeting today I can tell you that it looks and sounds like it's going to be nice.. I know I speak for most that I like this class and don't want to see it get split up . And i have heard alot of fans in the stands say they like the LLM class . I myself like a 3/8s better than a 1/4 mile As for concerns on gear change , There a lot of older Quick change's on all the different classifieds for sale in the 500.00 range . really cheaper than building a GOOD 9 inch chunk.. and those old franklands are stronger than a 9 inch. Just some food for thought .. , But if ya think you would want to run at Cotton Bowl On a once a month deal lets get together so we can let the managment know that we would have enough cars to make a good show .. anyone can call me (WALT CLARK) any time at 830-620-5771 let me know what ya think ..positive or negative so we can get an idea and put the word out to the track .. Iam just doing what the track owner said to do about LLM's "get together and let us know how many cars and we'll see what happens"" ...

So that's all i've got to say about that.. let me know ..

Its nice to have options but too many cars in that class when they get tore up or blow up miss a great deal of the season getting put back together. That will not change, its part of racing and always will be. Plus the fact that this class is expensive and for some reason rookie drivers tend to jump directly into it instead of going through the ranks for experience. Your better off when the schedules come out work out a couple dates. Dont get gready. Start off with 2 or 3 dates. You can advertise and promote it as can the track. This way drivers wont take the 2 or 3 races for granted like they will trying to run once a month. With a once a month deal some drivers will think there is always next month and not make the current months race. I think this is the same thing STS should do as well. If the LLM from all the areas would get on the same page with each other instead of worring about where and when they can race the most then the class would be awesome with more then good car numbers. But racing twice at I37 then STS may race once a month then you throw in Cotton Bowl once a month. Guess what, that is racing every week and no matter how much a couple of you want it, it will not work no matter how hard you try. Just my opinion but I have been saying this for 3 years now, SOS and Edna have tried and same issues. Edna can race any class they want without profit and they still cut them. This class will not survive unless you make each race special and race in numbers. I37 is far and away the best track with numbers and even they were down to 10 or so cars the last couple races.

Walt,

You know we're in with 2 cars even if it is just 1 race per month.

If Danny comes thru with every thing he talked about (and I have no reason to believe he won't), this is going to be an awsome track. Just the fact that it's going to be yellow clay, and good lighting and power and water in the pits is enough to make me commit. I'll change classes if we can't get enough LLM's.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived