classes

mac70

On the fender classes. the current Pure Stocks around the areas are relatively close, so might not be too tough to blend a set of rules that would work well and provide you an opportunity for a pretty good draw. Blending the next level of fender cars is going to be tougher. We all run under a variety of different rules at the next level. Personally, I like the Houston area Hobby rules although our specific car isn't built to those rules to a tee. For us, the current tires and wheels are our biggest issue on our car anyway, but nothing says we couldn't buy some 8"wheels and g-60's... Anyway, on building a set of rules for the next level which would be synonomous with (Houston Hobby's, i-37 streets, texana and sos streets, and not sure where it fits with Kileen and Waco classes), maybe do a spreadsheet to easily compare the different rules for that group and see if there is a possibility of adopting this and that so it would provide you the greatest opportunity for cars at that level that want to run the track. I know this is a very difficult task once you go past Pures though and one of the challenges car owners experience when they want to run different tracks.

I think the location of the track has tremendous potential and will be situated in solid central Texas location for many that have to travel long distances presently. Some who have wanted to race but saw the drives as just to far will likely get a ride going by having the track close.

Just looked it up on the map. We are about 135 miles from the track here in Pipe Creek. Its almost that far for us to pull to I- 37, so to me it would not hurt my feelings to drive a few more miles to a new track. Hopefully the track will be glad to have us.

Would love to see fri. night races and a full class of limited late models.

Let us know more about the drivers meeting in Nov.

Thanks

Shane Moore

Us small motor latemodels dont stand a chance shane on a big track with the rest of yall........LMAO

I would like to see them run Hobby Stock's instead of Street Stocks....the street stocks are a dieing breed. NO IMCA

Im with you on that one.

Hate to tell you this....but a hobby stock is a street stock...

And yes....I have ran both....but in the end.. its really just a name...

I agree with AJ! It is just a name! I have watched four door capices and small metric gms beat the crap out of cameros and novas! It is just up to the talent and set-up knowledge of the driver and crew! I really want to race in a street stock type class that allows any gm body on any gm chassis! I hate these body matching chassis rules! They just suck! :lol:

And what is the cost to have SPRINT CARS????Stands at HOT,KILLEEN,I37,dont look bad...The STREET STOCK show that was put on in EDNA,SOS, and I37 packed the stands...And at a cost where the track could MAKE MONEY!!!...Watch the crowd this weekend coming with the MODS and SPORT MODS and you will see a FULL HOUSE at COWTOWN...I do like sprint cars, But when i thought about booking them at I37,my heart jumped in SHOCK at the cost...., Unless of coarse you want JUNK SPRINTS...There are a bunch of them also....A track needs Positive in order to stay open,And Mods, Sport mods and Street stocks do give the fans a SHOW to return to week after week....Frank t

Agree 100% Frank.. Sprints generate hype because ppl don't see them every weekend! People will pay to see great racing no matter what cars are racing!! Cowtown is gonna be a packed house both night!! (can't wait)... Personally street stocks/ hobbys and limiteds put on the best racing night in and night out..

It would be nice to see tracks working together as well for starters. SOS, Edna and I37 all worked together to make the street stock shootout a success. Thats just one example. Yes all tracks want customers, drivers, and a profit for their business they have invested in. The program itself needs be setup in a way that brings exciting, new, different things to captivate the fans. Sprint cars, late models, modifieds, touring series, monster truck shows, etc. If it can be managed in a way to sprinkle in these events throughout the season and maybe even end the year with your own big show event it will certainly carry the track through any low nights when weather is a threat or when the local football team has its big game and your fighting for that entertainment dollar. Money making events have to be as important as your normal every week race plus it helps put the track on the map for outoftowners that dont know much about whats going on. If racing tricycles puts butts in the stands then put em on the schedule and sell the place out!

There is so many 305 sprints that there are invited to race not all get to race every week.Your right about the stands in killeen and Hot so what do you want to do split there car counts to run here.And why would somebody that has been loyal to these two tracks leave, there's only a few reasons more money and how much is that going to cost the track? The other thing is how many of you guys that race at I37 and in cc is going to spend the extra tow money to come all the way to austin to race for the same money.I like mods Im' involved with a USMTS team but the tracks need something new 305 sprints is a great class call smileys or day motorsports and ask them about the 305 sprints

The Sprint Series of Texas(Racesaver 305's) is pretty afforadable compared to the ASCS Series....With ASCS you pay per car that shows up.....With SST you tell Smiley how cars you'd like, he gives you a price and that many cars show up.....They put on a decent show, Smiley doesn't take any crap from his drivers, and to the average spectator there really isn't much difference on a 1/4 mile track, speedwise....

I crew chief for two SST Sprint Cars and on our off weekends when we are not running with the series we have to go all the way to Kennedale to race. There is a few 305 sprints in the area. Also I have been to 4 SST races this year and of those 4 race i think there as only been 3 or 4 cautions total with 24 cars on a 1/4 mile track. Very close and competitive racing it is an awesome show.

I do like sprint cars, But when i thought about booking them at I37,my heart jumped in SHOCK at the cost...., Unless of coarse you want JUNK SPRINTS...There are a bunch of them also....A track needs Positive in order to stay open,And Mods, Sport mods and Street stocks do give the fans a SHOW to return to week after week....Frank t

What class of sprint cars where you trying to book ASCS or SST? An the remark about JUNK SPRINT CARS i have seen a lot of the sprint cars in this area and I have not seen any junk at either the SST races or the KSP races.

Just looked it up on the map. We are about 135 miles from the track here in Pipe Creek. Its almost that far for us to pull to I- 37, so to me it would not hurt my feelings to drive a few more miles to a new track. Hopefully the track will be glad to have us.

Would love to see fri. night races and a full class of limited late models.

Let us know more about the drivers meeting in Nov.

Thanks

Shane Moore

Us small motor latemodels dont stand a chance shane on a big track with the rest of yall........LMAO

Maybe a one lap handicap for you .. LOL

Archived