classes

mac70

As in the announcement thread-----Limited Late Model?

As of right now 1 race a month for limited late models. Unless there are so many of you guys we go full time. Scheduling a drivers meeting in about 2 weeks to take any comments, questions or ideas.

gonna run modifieds?

As I understand it the classes being Considered are, front wheel drive ministocks , pure stocks, street stocks and limited modifieds.

With modifieds and limited late models possible running a limited schedule. With these last two classes struggling every where I have seen, I personally would be curious to hear what kind of support you guys think these classes would have......

A.J.,It is close enough for us to race there Friday, Home on Saturday....So YES we would support it if all is done right....I am sure i speak for many on these thoughts....And We like IMCA,however if it is not as stated, We will still be there as long as its Fridays as posted....Some thought for car count....A car from the SOUTH, could race there Friday, I37 on Saturday, and run for a NATIONAL TITLE!!!,, I think you know from your years of racing how many chase points....There is my input A.J.,Not what all want to see, Just my feelings ...Frank T

Well, I dont think that IMCA has been completely tossed out of the ring for modifieds....and from my understanding the only thing set in stone at this time is the location, size of the track, the Ministock (fwd) class and the name of the track....lol

Danny has talked about having a drivers meeting after the groundbreaking in November...so I would suggest we have as many people turn out as possible in order to get an accurate consensus of what to run and who will actually show up in march...but that is just my thoughts...

Well, I dont think that IMCA has been completely tossed out of the ring for modifieds....and from my understanding the only thing set in stone at this time is the location, size of the track, the Ministock (fwd) class and the name of the track....lol

Danny has talked about having a drivers meeting after the groundbreaking in November...so I would suggest we have as many people turn out as possible in order to get an accurate consensus of what to run and who will actually show up in march...but that is just my thoughts...

I agree Aj lets make sure we are able to show up to put our two cents in.

I must have missed it....Where was the "FRIDAY" part mentioned?

Modifieds/Sportmods....sanctioned versus not....Depends on where you are trying to draw cars from....If you expect to get San Antonio/Austin/Killeen area cars....IMCA would be your best bet.....If you expect to draw from Houston then non-sanctioned.....Unfortunately the Modified count at Goliad/Edna have deteriorated to near nothing....biggest reason TOO MUCH MONEY IN MOTORS....

Fender classes....again it depends where you are planning to get cars from.....but coming up with a rules package comparable to that area would be the most beneficial....

JMHO......FWIW...

Please add me to your contacts list and I'll send out any press releases, info, etc. to my list of racing contacts....including your initial posting on here....Thank you, good luck....

Well...reb...since you mentioned it.....where do you think they would draw cars from? Also...like I mentioned.... I am pretty sure They have not set a day yet.... but...I kinda like the Friday idea.... (saturdays good too...lol) because maybe killeen and Sa cars could go there and there home track....

Houston cars... what are the chances of getting them? They have there own rules...(in every class) .....but I think some of the displaced hot rod hill cars would come..... but who knows....I dont think anyone can predict what racers will do....

I think you should concentrate on local and close surroundings. If the track can generate enough interests and new blood locally then the out of town cars will put it over the top. Dont become dependant on cars over 2 hours away. Be awesome to have em but racing is expensive and when your option b for a out of town racer that is normally the first thing that gets cut from the racing budget when things get tight. So dont worry about existing drivers we all love new tracks and for the most part you will get their business if not full time at least some time. Your idea with the 12 schools awesome! Thats the kind of stuff you need to do. Focus on your area and your area companies. Be an asset to the community, get locals talking/excited and get them on your side!

I think you should concentrate on local and close surroundings. If the track can generate enough interests and new blood locally then the out of town cars will put it over the top. Dont become dependant on cars over 2 hours away. Be awesome to have em but racing is expensive and when your option b for a out of town racer that is normally the first thing that gets cut from the racing budget when things get tight. So dont worry about existing drivers we all love new tracks and for the most part you will get their business if not full time at least some time. Your idea with the 12 schools awesome! Thats the kind of stuff you need to do. Focus on your area and your area companies. Be an asset to the community, get locals talking/excited and get them on your side!

I agree 100%, our goal is not to steal from other tracks, but to give people another option. This track is big compared to the 1/4 mile tracks most run, hope you guys have the motor cause this track is gonna be fast. We did a test run on a fresh scrape, to see how big this track actally was, hit 60 in the staights, in a STOCK Chevy dually.

Drivers open discussion will be on November 12, around 10:30 to 11:00 am at the track, immediately following the ground breaking ceremony. Bring your tracks rules, an open mind, and possibly a chair. Lets get a good turnout so we can come to a conclusion on classes. Im ready to work on my car

I say build a track in hopes of shutting all the rest down! It can be done if the right steps are takin! Pay a great purse and stay consistent with paying a great purse! Be respectful of the drivers and owners cause we are the ones keeping your dreams of owning a race track alive! Make it worth the haul for the drivers and the rest will fall into place! I aint trying to sound like a asshole! I would love to see this track succeed and bring great racing back to central texas! :)

I say build a track in hopes of shutting all the rest down! It can be done if the right steps are takin! Pay a great purse and stay consistent with paying a great purse! Be respectful of the drivers and owners cause we are the ones keeping your dreams of owning a race track alive! Make it worth the haul for the drivers and the rest will fall into place! I aint trying to sound like a asshole! I would love to see this track succeed and bring great racing back to central texas! :)

Funny you should say that, that is exactly what the track owners are planning on doing. Give drivers a break on expenses, be it car fees or pit passes, consistent purses, big money shows, dash for cash, etc. we understand if there are cars the people will come.

Just looked it up on the map. We are about 135 miles from the track here in Pipe Creek. Its almost that far for us to pull to I- 37, so to me it would not hurt my feelings to drive a few more miles to a new track. Hopefully the track will be glad to have us.

Would love to see fri. night races and a full class of limited late models.

Let us know more about the drivers meeting in Nov.

Thanks

Shane Moore

100% right

Archived