Today is July 22nd

RodneyRodriguez

Charles,

As I said earlier I know that you and Bryan are at the track most weekends even though you are not racing.

Maybe my words where alittle strong and maybe I didn't say things the way I should have said them.

I was just pointing out who was complaining. I just get so tired of it.

We try and try to do good things at the track and all we get is complaining.

Do you see where I was trying to go with this.

And no I am not saying that you have to run every week to have an opinion.

What else can I say?

Other than I am sorry.

Like I think I said in an earlier post I am not trying to make anyone mad or bash anyone.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know who I see on here complaining about this the most, is a guy that is not even running at THR on a weekly basis or with TSRS at all this year ,and two guys that don't even have race cars to drive.

If you think you can do a better job go build your own dang race track and run it and see how well you do.

I don't think you understand what my brother and Bryan are trying to point out...We know the THR SS class is deserving of this race. Everyone knows that. We just want a race for late models as well. We know LM aren't going to be included in the spectacular, and now there is a big post season race where LM are left out again.

It is frustrating...especially when people bitch and complain about you trying to express that.

How many LM do you think can show for a 10/2 race.. I can't keep track of who runs with TSRS and who doesn't ... Usually there are only 10 or so LM at the track on a non-TSRS night.. and i think some of them run with them... Not sure if SA latemodels would make the show?? maybe that would be added car's?

Bryan, Chuck you know?

Maybe somebody with the track could call some of the LM drivers and find out who would race.Sometimes all it takes is a phone call,as of now I am done trying to get LM cars out to THR.THR seems content to run Hobbys & Street Stocks,so I guess if I want

to run THR we'll have to sell the LM and build a different car.

When I saw the release I was excited for the Hobby and A-line Street Stock guys that I know...we sure got off a long way from there...this will be a special race for those guys and they are going to want to win baaaaad...this will be their Daytona 500...people will only ask two questions: did you win this race and did you win the championship?...both classes have been putting on a heck of a show everytime I'm at the track...1st row to last row...If they can match July 10th, its on baby...

It seems like half the fans in the stands and half the pits belong to these guys...heck it seems like that Bobby Teer Jr guy brings in about 100 noisy people wearing orange all by himself!

I think they ought the leave it with them...adding a handful of late models would just be dilutive...

The LM vs TSRS issue is a real one that needs a better solution, and there seems to be agreement on that from all sides...just no agreement on a solution....but why does it have to pee on these guys parade?

I think there is already a race for the Late Models on Oct. 2, 2004.

And how do you think it would make Mary Ann feel if THR added the LM on Oct. 2. 2004?

How would that be productive?

How would that make the drivers feel that try and race both series?

Half would maybe go to THR and the other half would go race with TSRS.

That would just do wonders for mending fences. Not!

Tim -I have already said to Charles that I am sorry. And I know it is frustrating. As you can tell that I am by all my post.

If I want to race a late model race after the season is over I have to go to other tracks out of town.

I simply would like for one of the races that THR is putting on to enclude Late models , and that date not be when another late model race is already schedualed.

That is pretty simple.

I am sorry that I even brought it up.

I did not intend to take anything away from What THR has done this season.

Chuck L. & gang great job landing this big fish.

I think SS & HObby deserve a big race.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Good luck this weekend.

Victory Lane

Guys-

Look at it this way. The Texas Stock Car Spectacular features ROMCO, and it's unlikely that many Late Model drivers would want to run in a LM race that same day and take a chance on tearing up their car just a week before the Space City 125 in Houston.

In addition, Brian and Jim have stayed away from scheduling against either the Mary Ann cars or Houston's Three Amigos special races like the Space City.

Finally, but possibly not least, A-Line Auto Parts is sponsoring the weekend on October 2nd, and just might prefer that the Street Stocks take center stage. Remember the Golden Rule: "He who has the gold, makes the rules." Never more true than in motorsports...

Seems like I've heard all this somewhere before. I rest my case, JP! LOL

Not schedule against other races??? Do you know that this year has had more conflicting scheduled races than any other of the past years! Yet there are people out there still trying to figure where all the fans are. LOL

Hi everyone.

I have been out of town and out of touch with the forum until earlier this evening. I've scanned the posts made on the topic. I can understand the concerns of both sides, really I can! BUT...I must also say I was disappointed in the lanuage used to originally announce the Press Release date after going through the posts made here.

Using the word 'Big' conjured up ideas for me that a former 'Big' race may be brought back to life. I was sad to hear that is not the case. I even debated on the possibility of giving up my suite tickets to the Craftsman Truck Race that day to attend a LM race at THR with family and extended family members in tow if it had been big enough to bring my favorite driver and a few of his friends into town.

I have my fingers crossed that THR will eventually be able to bring another 'Big' LM race to their facilities. 'Big' enough to bring in some out-of-towners... :D

And next time I won't read anything into the announcement before it is actually made. I have a habit of disappointing myself when I do that... :unsure:

Either way—Good Luck with the post season date THR!!! Hope you have a great turn out.

can i put my 2 cents in...... THR shot themselves in the foot big time when thet said no to TSRS.. Kathy you know that just as well as every body else... to help with the show they do need the late models to run..... to make the race on the same date that is just plane stupid....

I was just looking at the point standings for the A-line Auto Parts SS Class and it says that there are 37 registered drivers would'nt that be nice to see all 37 racing on OCT. 2nd.. Aloong with having all the other Racetracks Street Classes we could easily have 60 cars out there at the track for the A-line Auto Parts/ Ac Delco 75. But we do have to have a purse thats worth racing for not $350 to the winner.

What i'm trying to say: is There anyway to contact all those registered drivers by phone, E-mail or something i want this race to really be big i'm tired of onlly having 30 lap features with only 25 cars half of them wreck on the first lap anyway We also

How is this being advertised to the other tracks Street Drivers?

Thanks,

Chris (TTR73)

TTR73

I bet that can be arranged.

And I am betting that Chuck is working on a nice purse for that race.

And isn't that points race exciting. The top guys are so close in points that the Championship is within anyone's reach at this point.

And I am betting that Chuck is working on a nice purse for that race.

Kathy,

Thank you very much for the vote of confidence... :D

I'm happy to say that Kathy is right--in fact, I'm spending extra hours (as in, time above and beyond working for THR, radio, PR, etc.) each week working on the Oct. 2nd race...

Speaking of which..I'd like to respond (quickly, I promise!) to the theme of this thread for a second..

Back in May, Brian and I were having one of our twice-weekly meetings. I brought up the fact that we didn't have any of our classes in the Texas Stock Car Spectacular; Brian concurred that we needed to try and get another post-season race to include (and highlight) all of the THR classes. He told me to write a proposal and get back with him so we could "get the ball rolling.."

A couple weeks later, I gave him a couple different proposals on this subject. We took the "best" of the proposals and came up with what we presented last week, except for the date. I looked over the October dates; we all know that SAS has its 2-week OctoberFast on Oct. 9 & 16. I told Brian that I didn't think it was a real good idea to run a race past Oct. 16; my thinking is that (1) all of football - NFL, college and high school - are in full swing by that time and (2) you're asking for weather-induced problems that late into October. I hated the fact that we couldn't include the Late Models..but we're in the spirit of cooperation this year, so we were NOT going to take away from the Space City 125...

Brian then told me that he'd be up for the idea, but only if we secured a certain amount of sponsorship (to start). That's when I went to Kurt Filbert of A-Line Auto Parts and made a presentation to him for Oct. 2nd. After a few weeks, he called me and said, "Let's do it." Thus, the Oct. 2 race became a reality. And, as mentioned, we already have KPEZ-FM (Z-102.3) on board to not only do remotes from the track but to also publicize the race all week. So again, I'd like to express my sincere appreciation for Kurt and Z-102.3 - they're great team players who understand the importance of local racing..

Keep in mind, several people are working hard to expand and finalize plans (and rules and other things) for the race. Stay tuned...

..but we're in the spirit of cooperation this year, so we were NOT going to take away from the Space City 125...

COOPERATION...Now that is a word I don't hear often around here.

After reading this whole thread, I think THR is showing a level of that word cooperation in not conflicting with the Space 125. Add to that working with SAS for their 125 a couple weeks ago.

I also gotta agree with the THR Late model guys, they deserve a big race at Kyle, also. Why not the spectacular? Racers run big shows on back to back weekends (or days) all over the country.

But there is no class of racers around here that deserves a big race like the Oct 2 race more than the THR Street Stocks. Those guys cleanly run side by side every week, consistently have a great car count, and just all-around put on the most competitive show in this area. Nothing against the other series or drivers, but these guys flat get it done. I know I will be there to watch.

To the whole THR management crew - great job and thank you for putting this together.

And to everyone that has expressed their support of the SS class at THR, thank you also. It's cool to hear from people who like the show.

I also feel sorry for the late model guys this year. It's a tough time these days for guys who want to run a local late model every week without touring. TSRS is a great series, but it's definately had an impact on those few teams that just want to stay at their home track and race.

Come on October!

cs

Archived